I want a developer to explain to me how the Resolve bar works

Philbert

Title says it all. I want a developer to explain to me in detail how this feature works and why it does not work on my character. Why is it when my bar is full, it does absolutely nothing and I can be stunned by any player, knocked back, etc?

Why is it when I Force Charge a player, then try to stun them, they are always immune? Yet when an enemy player Force Charges me, they can immediately stun me, THEN Force Push me?

Neither of those assisted with my original problem as well.

Why is it when I Force Charge a player out of combat, they are immediately immune to my stuns afterward, but they can Force Charge me, stun me then push me? That is 3 different CCs in a row while mine is 1.

The fact is, my character is flawed in PvP. Not my class, but my actual, physical, character. I've submitted numerous tickets and posted numerous times to where abilities do not work. My Invincible, Saber Ward and Endure Pain do not activate when I click them, which is not due to lag but due to a programming error, and my CC breaker will not activate on a frequent basis when I click it either.

Getting this to work in Huttball while carrying the ball works wonders since most players have no idea their CC won't work when the target has a white bar of resolve.

From one of the links. This does not apply to me. I will use my CC abilities on players constantly who do not have a white bar and nothing happens, other than they take damage. I have stood there after I Force Charged someone and WAITED for the bar to run down, then tried to choke them. slap them or push them when there was no bar, and it did nothing.

So, again, I want a developer to answer the question.

Edited by Philbert

You might be waiting a long, long time. There are only so many developers and they are pretty busy people, what with all kinds of bugs and CS issues.

Try reinstalling? Maybe your client is buggered somehow.

Edit: Have you tested the resolve bar on a different character?

Edited by MareloRyan

You might be waiting a long, long time. There are only so many developers and they are pretty busy people, what with all kinds of bugs and CS issues.

Edit: Have you tested the resolve bar on a different character?

First, I can keep bumping this. If they close it, I can simply call them and point out that they closed it without answering and push them on the phone.

Next, I fail to see how reinstalling the game will fix my character.

Finally, I have an Assassin in the low lvl 30s, and I haven't had any trouble with him using any of his abilities, defensive or otherwise, or abilities failing.

Bumping yet again. Come on BioWare, explain why my character is broken, why my abilities do not work, and why my Resolve bar is broken.

A Juggernaut just now Force Charged me, choked me THEN pushed me when I never used Unleash. THREE moves, when it should have taken TWO to fill up my resolve bar, and he used THREE moves on me within each global cool down (I was still being choked when he pushed me).

Why do these problems happen only on my Juggernaut, yet my Assassin does not seem to have them?

Edited by Philbert

Bump, I've noticed this as well. Nothing like being stunned on the fire grates in Huttball then use the cd to get out of it, then immediately get stunned again to die by the fire......

I also can't count how many times a trooper or bounty hunter will carbonize me and as soon as i get out of the stun another trooper/bh does it again.

There is a bug with stealthies opening stun not being immune to resolve at full bar. Maybe it's as intended but when a stealth class can kill you during a full stun lock period it gets very frustrating.

but due to a programming error

So, again, I want a developer to answer the question.[/b]

If there was a programming error, everybody would have this problem. Obviously this isn't the case.

A reinstall may be it. Since others aren't having the trouble to this extent, it may be the client is corrupted somehow. Lots of reasons that could happen, typically not because of anything Bioware has done.

First, I can keep bumping this. If they close it, I can simply call them and point out that they closed it without answering and push them on the phone.

Next, I fail to see how reinstalling the game will fix my character.

Finally, I have an Assassin in the low lvl 30s, and I haven't had any trouble with him using any of his abilities, defensive or otherwise, or abilities failing.

Dismissing a fellow players reasonable suggestion for resolving the problem is just rude.

If there was a programming error, everybody would have this problem. Obviously this isn't the case.

A reinstall may be it. Since others aren't having the trouble to this extent, it may be the client is corrupted somehow. Lots of reasons that could happen, typically not because of anything Bioware has done.

Dismissing a fellow players reasonable suggestion for resolving the problem is just rude.

Then BioWare can tell me what to do.

They can gladly check my combat log, if such a thing exists on their end, to see the issue, or address the issue here. Until then, I will continue to bump this thread.

As I pointed out, this happens on one character, my Sith Juggernaut. Out of curiosity, I had my best friend play his Jedi Guardian on my computer, and he did not experience the same issues as I was having either.

I play a Bodyguard BH and have countless issues as well. My abilities just don't trigger when I press them and they're instant cast. I literally have to de-target someone to get them to work...it's just idiotic and it happens 50% of the time. I've also noticed my electro dart, 4 sec stun, instantly fills someone's resolve bar and when I'm stunned for 10 seconds my resolve bar barely moves. This game is so freaking buggy it kills me. I have a 35ms ping in game and the game is still very unresponsive.

I can't believe how bad this game runs on a nice computer. I just want to scratch my eyes out with a tree branch thinking about it...

There's just way too many CC's in the game and it's not fun. See you in Diablo 3!

20 seconds huh ?

Sounds like a l2p issue

Sounds like a I can't remove my stun since it was on cool down from being stunned a minute earlier.

Bomb was set in Voidstar. I Force Charged in to disarm it and stunned instantly by a Trooper, and 2 other players. Bomb exploded and a few seconds later the stun wore off. I looked at the bomb timer when I got stunned and it was at 18 seconds.

Edited by Philbert

Sounds like a I can't remove my stun since it was on cool down from being stunned a minute earlier.

Bomb was set in Voidstar. I Force Charged in to disarm it and stunned instantly by a Trooper, and 2 other players. Bomb exploded and a few seconds later the stun wore off. I looked at the bomb timer when I got stunned and it was at 18 seconds.

So you're defending the door in void star, with enemies at it obviously since the bomb is placed and no one kills u in 20sec ?

Or was it 18sec that you claim now.

I'd love to see all the video recording you have as proof for this broken mechanic

I play a Bodyguard BH and have countless issues as well. My abilities just don't trigger when I press them and they're instant cast. I literally have to de-target someone to get them to work...it's just idiotic and it happens 50% of the time. I've also noticed my electro dart, 4 sec stun, instantly fills someone's resolve bar and when I'm stunned for 10 seconds my resolve bar barely moves. This game is so freaking buggy it kills me. I have a 35ms ping in game and the game is still very unresponsive.

I can't believe how bad this game runs on a nice computer. I just want to scratch my eyes out with a tree branch thinking about it...

There's just way too many CC's in the game and it's not fun. See you in Diablo 3!

Same thing happens to me, sometimes (though rarely) on my Assassin and almost every time on my Juggernaut. Funny enough my lvl 40 talent point ability in the tank tree is almost completely useless in PvP since it works less than 25% of the time. I once tried it in a match from 4 different angles on a Sniper, and all 4 times I brought the saber back like a baseball bat, then just stopped.

It really is quite annoying.

Also how, despite having a talent point that says "FORCE CHOKE WILL NO LONGER BE CHANNELED" I still have to channel it because, OH NO! it doesn't apply to my 2 piece PvP bonus which adds 1 second to the choke.

So you're defending the door in void star, with enemies at it obviously since the bomb is placed and no one kills u in 20sec ?

Or was it 18sec that you claim now.

I'd love to see all the video recording you have as proof for this broken mechanic

When I run in my guild in Voidstar, we use vent and we have this wonderful thing called speaking and communicating. However, not every stun is broken on damage. Such as Force Choke and Backhand.

So a Trooper can stun me and hit me for a few seconds and I can be hit on. Next one stuns me, then another stun.

However, being as I am a Juggernaut with over 500 expertise in full Champion gear (Save for belt), and over 18k health when in Warzones, I can take a bit of a punishment.

As for video proof, I don't know what the program is people use to record their games. I will gladly record some of it though.

Oh wait, people have been posting videos already in another thread showing all the broken mechanics in this game on the general discussion forum.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=159300

By sounds of things ur spec'd into immortal tree since u mentioned u using slap, so im gonna assume fairly high up too.

There is a talent in that tree relating to charge and causing it to "stun" the opponent for something like 2 seconds which builds resolve on people most people in a warzone have their resolve bar atleast semi filled about 80% of time so that is most likely your reason, re-spec the talent choices and take that talent away u should find life much easier if u still want the delay then the rage tree first tier has a nice talent which almost does the same but doesnt fill resolve bar.

Hope that helped.

There's your problem. You're a clicker.

Doesn't matter. It should apply regardless if I click or use the numbers.

However, since you are providing an obvious troll post, I will feed you.

My main offense abilities are numbered 1-10. Save for Force Push and Sundering Assault. I have to click these. However, I can still CLICK these abilities when my defense abilities do not work. I can CLICK my AoE taunt when I can't click my defense abilities. I can CLICK my Vicious Throw when I can't click my defense abilities.

Or, and this will blow your mind, I can CLICK my 1-10 abilities and NOT click defense!

Your argument is invalid.

By sounds of things ur spec'd into immortal tree since u mentioned u using slap, so im gonna assume fairly high up too.

There is a talent in that tree relating to charge and causing it to "stun" the opponent for something like 2 seconds which builds resolve on people most people in a warzone have their resolve bar atleast semi filled about 80% of time so that is most likely your reason, re-spec the talent choices and take that talent away u should find life much easier if u still want the delay then the rage tree first tier has a nice talent which almost does the same but doesnt fill resolve bar.

Hope that helped.

I believe I addressed this in my original post. Enemy players can Force Charge me stunning me, and then choke me, then push me. Or choke me, then slap me. Or slap me then choke me. Whatever options they want. Even after the Force Charge ability stuns me.

Or they can choke me, stun me, then Force Push me. Or any combination of abilities.

Edited by Philbert

There's a bug with the UI freezing up in WZs so you can't click things. You will have to CTRL+U twice to fix it. You might also be lagging so your click isn't registered.

Two stuns fill your resolve. However you could have been mezzed/slowed then stunned twice. When you say you fill someone's resolve fully with a Dart, someone else prob put a stun on him at the same time.

Your character is not "bugged". Record a video of this behaviour and post it for validation. Also record a keybind of the same ability.