Are Marauders really that hard to play?

Dabrixmgp

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed.... key binding is a big thing. I have all the standard 1 through = used.... Alt 1-5, Shift 1-4 and several mouse buttons tied to abilities (I don't have a true gamer mouse... i fail). I still do get tunnel-visioned in to spamming Assault though on occasion. It's a great class to play once you get all the abilities worked out and understand how to manage them all. This is the first MMO I ever played melee in and I am quite happy with the choice.

To the OP, i'd say no, its not that hard of a class to play. Once you know how to tackle a mob and what rotation to use, its actually quite simple. Same goes for elites. Once you know what rotation to use, ur pretty much good. Sure it might take one or two tries to kill an elite in a story area for me, but i essentially get it done....

This is all pve of course. pvp is a whole nother ball game.

VETTE FTW!

half the problem comes from g ys like this, they fail to see how awesome pommel strike and savage kick are so they regard them as useless, thus not utilizing all the class is therefore thinking its "weak" because they do not play it right. For some reason less then good players think if you can not use any ability at any time it is "useless"

These just shows up how little you actually must know about the class despite all your elitist claims to be one of the few who can play it right.

Pommel Strike and Savage Kick are great for leveling. At 50 they are useless garbage. You can't stun, slow or immobilize champions in operations and you can't use them in PvP. Their usefulness at 50 is almost nil.

we dont have stuns? then why the hell am i using force choke, force scream, and smash and not getting hit?!?! man im deleting my 'rauder!!!

/endsarcasm

They are talking about PvP dude. Smash and Force scream do not stun in PvP.

And Force Choke is not a true stun, it is channeled. A true stun allows you to either stun the enemy and attack them or run away, or dance if that's what you want. Marauder is the only class that lacks any of the tools the other classes all have.

They are talking about PvP dude. Smash and Force scream do not stun in PvP.

smash and force scream do stun in pvp if the lvl gap is big enough.

notice how it says "standard and weak targets" ?

try it out for yourself, i'm not kidding.

And Force Choke is not a true stun, it is channeled.

force choke, while channeled still stuns the target unless it glitches, if youre carnage the ticks can even proc ataru strikes while choking, it's not a lot, but still something.

juggs get a talented handsfree choke iirc, and they need it.

A true stun allows you to either stun the enemy and attack them or run away, or dance if that's what you want. Marauder is the only class that lacks any of the tools the other classes all have.

Hyperbole isn't constructive.

Plenty of classes lack in cc-areas, one example is the merc, only snares and small knockbacks.

The marauder has snares and immobilisers that are on short cooldowns, the idea isn't to give players stuns so we can gobsmack everyone and they can do nothing..

It's so we can be on par with our nemesis classes, the ranged and semi-ranged ones.

As a bonus, some/most of these are unaffected by resolve.

The idea is to get on target and stay in range as long as possible, we have excellent tools for that, ranging from combat-speed talents to ranged immobilisers so we can catch up to runners.

we even have a limited immortality skill so we can survive that burst of cc's or run through the fire with the ball or w/e..

@ op:

Not hard to play, some other classes require less activity for the same results, that's all.

arsenal merc being the main offender imho.

Some of the more frustrating things with a marauder is that, since we are so intensive regarding skill activations, we notice ability delays and glitches more than some other classes.

The only time I have had trouble with any PvE content was the Power Play mission on Dromund Kaas. That was the first time I got seriously wrecked besides one of the missions on Taris where you're invading the spaceport. Both encounters were against force using elites, which imho, have always been an extreme fight compared to others.

I leveled up to 43 with Carnage and briefly tried Rage at the time I got my a** handed to me on Power Play. It helped, but I just wasn't feeling it, and reverted back to Carnage afterwards. Remained 5/31/5 since.

As for playing, it definitely requires a lot of attention as you're constantly burning down your CDs and watching over your priorities, as well as keeping an eye on placement and situational awareness to your enemy. Much more micromanaging compared to my sorcerer, but it's still fun slaughtering with Massacre.

GG

Edited by SodaOfYoda