The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Jedi Shadow Bursting Guide

Powerr

I just respeced and tried it out. It does a lot of damage and is crazy OP. but I don't like it as much as infil. That facemelting feeling is kind of gone.

the spec i'm using is:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601rcrokrskcsZZf0cM.1

I'm in stalkers with the shield and it seems to be doing very well. Only problem with this spec is killing healers is more difficult because of not having low strike. The in combat spinning kick sort of makes up for it.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shadows have currently 2 viable burst dps specs. Those two specs are 33 Infiltration/8 Balance, and 31 Infiltration/8 Balance/2 Kinetic

This is just my opinion...I didn't read every post in the thread...but the 31/8/2 build seems a bit off. In the Infilitration Tree, I would remove two from Misdirection and put in Security Breach. Force Breach is one of our staple skills, while Misdirection does not stack with our sprint so the in stealth speed boost is worthless and the added stealth level is negligible since we have Blackout.

That is all.

Hello Powerr, could you tell what are the hardest classes for you in duels. I'm especially interested in gunslingers and sentinels. And if that is possible, give a short description of difficulties vs other classes too. Thanks.

First of all tnx Powerr for this guide, very appreciate.

Could you tell me after the 1.1 patch which was your favorite builds, can u link?

Also wanted to ask if you could tell me which gear/set you were playing... what prefer such bonuses, strength, or critical?

Thanks again.

Hello Powerr, could you tell what are the hardest classes for you in duels. I'm especially interested in gunslingers and sentinels. And if that is possible, give a short description of difficulties vs other classes too. Thanks.

a good gunslinger can really screw up the dps specced shadow by those crap roots that don't give any resolve.

mauraders/sentinels are always a very very close fight. make sure to use your vanish properly

I don't really want to give out my strategies on how I fight players but I can at least list which are tough.

Powertechs in tanky tanky are a bit tough.

Mercenary and Operative FULL HEAL spec, are unkillable.

Mind replying to what I asked if you get a chance?

well i would never recommend 2/31/8 because I'm a big on the lower CD for break free. Trust me you'll need it in very competitive ranked games.

other than that, which is better? it completely depends on your group setup.

well i would never recommend 2/31/8 because I'm a big on the lower CD for break free. Trust me you'll need it in very competitive ranked games.

other than that, which is better? it completely depends on your group setup.

The 2/31/8 build you linked has the reduced cooldown on break free, no way I'd run without that even if it didn't but still ^^ Is it a misclick on your behalf? The difference is Applied Force and the Force Breach reduced CD.

And what about the 31 Kinetic build I linked? Considering that, atleast for levelling as I'm struggling as Infiltrator vs the class quest elites.

Also my setup is healer sage (often with him), guardian tank and vanguard tank atm

I know it's a few questions/points but if you get the time to reply to all that'd be appreciated

The 2/31/8 build you linked has the reduced cooldown on break free, no way I'd run without that even if it didn't but still ^^ Is it a misclick on your behalf? The difference is Applied Force and the Force Breach reduced CD.

And what about the 31 Kinetic build I linked? Considering that, atleast for levelling as I'm struggling as Infiltrator vs the class quest elites.

Also my setup is healer sage (often with him), guardian tank and vanguard tank atm

I know it's a few questions/points but if you get the time to reply to all that'd be appreciated

Oh my bad on the 2/31/8 ya that's a solid build, I know some people pick up the lower cd on force breach and not break free, its a fail.

the 31 kinetic build is good if you dont have slow time yet, if you do consider taking points out of expertise and rapid recovery because you dont really need to use force breach, although in pve i guess the more aoe the better.

if you are playing with tanks, definitely play dps spec

This is just my opinion...I didn't read every post in the thread...but the 31/8/2 build seems a bit off. In the Infilitration Tree, I would remove two from Misdirection and put in Security Breach. Force Breach is one of our staple skills, while Misdirection does not stack with our sprint so the in stealth speed boost is worthless and the added stealth level is negligible since we have Blackout.

I would strongly advise against this, personally...

Misdirection is a high priority talent in PvP. #1 is the move speed...yes, it does not stack with Sprint. But you seem to be thinking that the speed boost is only during stealth...that's not the case; it's all the time. During combat, Sprint doesn't work. +15% speed from Misdirection DOES work during combat. That's huge.

Also...Blackout is a great in combat offensive burst cooldown because of Masked Assault talent. Having to waste it to safely get in position because of not having Misdirection is not a good thing.

Security Breach is typically a low priority talent in a PvP build...and usually ends up being an odd man out. PvE builds do take it, but it's a low value dps talent. The speed at which Exit Strategy stacks up in order to fully buff Force Breach is usually slow enough that it doesn't reach a full 5 stack even in the time that it takes to come off cooldown untalented. If a person is saving up for a 5 stack for max burst in PvP, they aren't even using the ability on cooldown untalented.

The tricky question that no one really knows the answer for sure yet is what amount of stacks it's technically highest sustained dps to go ahead and use FB. Full 5? 3? 4? 2? It would probably take a simulationcraft style tool to really determine for sure. And, in all likelihood, it probably doesn't make very much difference.

IMO, Misdirection provides a lot more concrete PvP value.

So, I'm finally playing the 2/31/8 spec.. It's ridiculous lol but situational compared to the other spec. overall, very happy right now

This is the spec I've been using since I hit 50, I dibbled and dabbled in other specs but I keep coming back to this one. This spec in the hands of a smart player can destroy anyone 1 v 1 and in some situations 2 v 1 once geared. I have found no better pvp dps spec.

Powerr, great video, made me roll an Assassin, and I am having a blast. I am curious why Surge Adrenal over a Power Adrenal ( sorry if I am missing some vital piece of information ).

Are you trying to hit a Surge ceiling, and if so what is that ceiling?

Powerr, great video, made me roll an Assassin, and I am having a blast. I am curious why Surge Adrenal over a Power Adrenal ( sorry if I am missing some vital piece of information ).

Are you trying to hit a Surge ceiling, and if so what is that ceiling?

yeah from my experience testing, the surge adrenal takes me from my normal crit rating to about 98%, 99% it DRs and no longer hugely boosts damage. This is why I use a power relic to stack to increase that damage, resulting in the highest burst possible, and over 5k crits constantly without dmg orb:P The power adrenal is good too, but about 400-500 dmg lower for myself

This is the spec I've been using since I hit 50, I dibbled and dabbled in other specs but I keep coming back to this one. This spec in the hands of a smart player can destroy anyone 1 v 1 and in some situations 2 v 1 once geared. I have found no better pvp dps spec.

yeah, I don't think I'm going to change back

Awesome, thanks for the quick response, and it makes total sense. So your using the 2/31/8 spec you posted over the 0/33/8 spec you also had posted. Can you give us an reasoning behind it? The higher damage on Voltaic Slash/Clairvoyant Strike looks very nice, but the loss of the 3 sec cooldown reduction on Discharge/Force Breach seems pretty harsh. I am curious about your thoughts on that.

Awesome, thanks for the quick response, and it makes total sense. So your using the 2/31/8 spec you posted over the 0/33/8 spec you also had posted. Can you give us an reasoning behind it? The higher damage on Voltaic Slash/Clairvoyant Strike looks very nice, but the loss of the 3 sec cooldown reduction on Discharge/Force Breach seems pretty harsh. I am curious about your thoughts on that.

I find myself not worrying about the lower cooldown on force breach because now 2 clairvoyant strikes is bringing sorcerers to about 65% life lol. The increase in damage is ridiculous, not to mention I have more 5 stacks of it than ever so, pew pew pew one shotting I am:P

and this is the Build

Edited by Powerr