Kinetic/Infiltration

Bheezhem

Ok, so it may be because I haven't tampered with kinetic upheaval, but from what I see on the forums an underwhelming amount of people are making use of the harnessed shadow talent in pvp coupled with circling shadows

Some people may argue that telekenetic throw isnt an efficient or good ability to use, but in my mind it's a great talent to have coupled with circling shadows, seeing as i feel as a kinetic shadow in pvp my hardest hitting ability is project. If i'm spamming it, why not get a free 9% heal every time i do 3?

Some people may argue you don't get stacks fast enough to justify the points into the talent, but i feel like if im spamming double strike to make my project come up faster anyways, why not get a reduced energy cost on the project anyways? not to mention a talent that justifies the use of shadow strike, even if it isnt amazing versus geared players, when it crits it still annihilates lowbies/undergeared people.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601rIMokrskbZhGbMk.1

^thats the spec im running, and it has an incredibly force efficient arsenal.

it revolves around spamming project and using telekenetic throw whenever you reach the 3 stacks, which with particle acceleration and circling shadows, projects are readily available pretty much all the time. telekenetic throw hits surprisingly hard when you pop a relic right before channeling as its applied to the whole channel, and not only does it heal you while channeling it, it gives your force time to regenerate after casting a low cost ability, i usually end my channel with 75%-100% of my force. Plus it's always nice to be able to heal yourself when you're guarding pugs and they don't realize you're absorbing 50% of their damage, and you're more likely to die in a corner unaware of your cause of death, than they are to die when being assaulted and transferring their damage to you.

Oh yeah did i mention shadow strike crits? very enjoyable, albeit hard due to positioning in pvp. But thats not even why i put the points into that talent, its just a nice side perk

Anyways i was just wondering, why dont i see more of this type of set up? am i really missing out on a fantastical world filled with joy and happiness by not going balance for my secondary tree? (constructive criticism welcomed)

(edit for the correct skill tree)

Edited by Bheezhem

The 27/14/0 Spec is indeed the superior spec for all the utility it brings.

- It has the best efficiency (50% Regen for 6s our of Stealth, 10 more Max Force and a CD that grants another 50% Regen for 6, and Every 2 DS = 50% 22.5 Force savings on Project)

- Gives a 9% heal every 9s - 13.5s or so. [9s Assumes DS->Project x3, 13.5% assumes DS->DS->Project x 3] (Average would be longer since DS only has a 50% chance to reset Projects CD)

- The ability to favourably use Shadow Strike (every 10s).

BUT it lacks the higher potential burst from the 25/0/16 OR 23/0/18 Builds AND lacks the damage charts padding you get from Force in Balance and Mass Instant Mind Crush dotting.

The 25 (23) / 0 /16 (18) specs are also less reliant on stealth or positioning (no regen benefit from attacking from stealth, no reason to use Shadow Strike). AND actually have ranged abilities to use when your target is >10m away.

Edited by Daerthalus

The 27/14/0 Spec is indeed the superior spec for all the utility it brings.

- It has the best efficiency (50% Regen for 6s our of Stealth, 10 more Max Force and a CD that grants another 50% Regen for 6, and Every 2 DS = 50% 22.5 Force savings on Project)

- Gives a 9% heal every 9s - 13.5s or so. [9s Assumes DS->Project x3, 13.5% assumes DS->DS->Project x 3] (Average would be longer since DS only has a 50% chance to reset Projects CD)

- The ability to favourably use Shadow Strike (every 10s).

BUT it lacks the higher potential burst from the 25/0/16 OR 23/0/18 Builds AND lacks the damage charts padding you get from Force in Balance and Mass Instant Mind Crush dotting.

The 25 (23) / 0 /16 (18) specs are also less reliant on stealth or positioning (no regen benefit from attacking from stealth, no reason to use Shadow Strike). AND actually have ranged abilities to use when your target is >10m away.

ty for the reply, as i was genuinely curious. I agree there is more burst to be gained from upheaval specs, and can even understand wanting to pad your numbers, i guess its just more common for someone to choose a bursty spec

I run a very similar spec without harnessed shadows and like it quite a bit: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601rcRokrskZhGdMkMo.1

The whole force pool and regen plus circling shadows and particle acceleration while still being able to shadow strike is the cornerstone of this build.

I should try harnessed shadows and see how it feels, on paper its seems very lackluster.

I still say Mental Fortitude is a waste of 3 points, its like 300-400 hp at level 50. Those points would be better spent on rapid recovery and something else IMO.