Takes 3h58

yanvanb

I just wanted to bring my comment on how i am very un-satisfied with the fact that everywhere they keep saying its an awesome an easy game to download install and its far from being true ...

I am a player of WoW of Aion and other MMORPG this is the first time with a connection that goes 4.0mg a sec that it takes 3h58 mins to download and install ... its redonculous thinking that wow takes 2hours MAX and Aion simply 1h20 ... Really this is beyond reasonable.

That was my 2 cents im not even started playing im still waiting for the freaking game to install properly as it takes 10 mins to advance 1 %.

I did not have that problem... of course I think I'm running on 56mb/s so your internet seems like dial up to me, unless I read that wrong and you didn't mean 4 mb/s

In any case, it only took me 2 hours on my rinky dink netbook that runs slower than my internet. Not that it matters, but I was downloading it so that when I got my other computer running I could just plug in my external hard drive and go, rather than have to download it then.

In any case, I'm sorry it's taking so long with your internet. Though if that is the case, you probably wouldn't want to play this game anyways because even with my internet connection it sometimes lags pretty hard.

Are you really complaining about downloading such a huge game in under 4 hours? That's still much less than the couple of days it would take to ship the game (next day if you were lucky).

Find something else you can do for those hours, like watching a couple of star wars movies or playing an offline game. Or better yet, start the download before bed and wake up to a game that is ready to play.

Are you really complaining about downloading such a huge game in under 4 hours? That's still much less than the couple of days it would take to ship the game (next day if you were lucky).

Find something else you can do for those hours, like watching a couple of star wars movies or playing an offline game. Or better yet, start the download before bed and wake up to a game that is ready to play.

^ What he said.

I am guessing you never endured the "joys" of modems and BBSs?

Ah how I pine for the days of spending hours of tying up the phone, praying someone does not pick up a receiver elsewhere in the house, so I could download a 140K game, via my 2400 baud modem.

Good times ... sniff ... </sarcasm>

Granted I am unsure of what the final size ends up being, but 4hrs to download a game this big? Sorry, but I will take that anytime ...

Edited by OrbitalDecay
Putrid grammar

I am guessing you never endured the "joys" of modems and BBSs?

Ah how I pine for the days of spending hours of tying up the phone, praying someone does not pick up a receiver elsewhere in the house, so I could download a 140K game, via my 2400 baud modem.

Good times ... sniff ... </sarcasm>

Granted I am unsure of how big the download ends up being, but 4hrs to a game this big. Sorry, but I will take that anytime ...

Oh yes the gold old days.

If your complaining about 4 hours basicly to download this game. maybe you need to find a diffrent game type then cause i highly dought if your that impatent that a mmo will be your perfered game genre.

Edited by marxo

I just wanted to bring my comment on how i am very un-satisfied with the fact that everywhere they keep saying its an awesome an easy game to download install and its far from being true ...

I am a player of WoW of Aion and other MMORPG this is the first time with a connection that goes 4.0mg a sec that it takes 3h58 mins to download and install ... its redonculous thinking that wow takes 2hours MAX and Aion simply 1h20 ... Really this is beyond reasonable.

That was my 2 cents im not even started playing im still waiting for the freaking game to install properly as it takes 10 mins to advance 1 %.

Guaranteed his 4mb/s connection is downloading at 400KBPS. I downloaded the game on my 100mbit connection in 15 minutes and was done installing 10 after that. Do not critique a game and compare it to crappy *** games like AION and WOW on the basis of your terrible connection speed and obvious processor. Get a job, buy a better computer, and stop playing for the community. Enough WOW e-tards already in these forums.

Took me 48 hours to download the game during Beta

Took me 6+ hours to download the game for Early Access