Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Speed lvling to 50 ...why?

Renshei

Many reasons, most notably.

-Beta, no point listening to the same drivel again

-Shockingly not everyone cares about story

-Shockingly again some people hate leveling up so they do it as fast as possible to get to the good part of the game, raiding and end-game PvP, albeit it being horrible in TOR.

Why even bother? You readily dismiss the entire point of the game and wonder why you don't like it.

The entire point of the game is story. The game is not meant to start at 50, it is meant to start at level 1. If you really don't care about 1-50, then you are playing the wrong game. That may change in the future as 50+ content expands, but that will be loaded with story too. Why not just go back to WoW and stop wasting your time here?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think people level fast this will make you head explode

I got sofar

lvl 50 trooper

lvl 40 Gunslinger

lvl 29 sage

lvl 1 consular

lvl 1 JK

I have been playing since the 16th early access

I played 4 builds in beta up to including the release build

I know all the side quests so i space bar through those.

I havent done many FPs cause its just so hard to get a good PuG.

I am currently unemployed so on a good gaming day i might play a minimum of 6 hours up to 12 or more a day...I am now taking a few days break though to allow my guildies to level up so we can group and do some FPs.

Many people who didn't rush are 50 by now. It's not like the game just came out or its difficult to level in or anything. A month is plenty of time to get to 50 for a lot of people, even when they enjoy the story. Edited by Shillen

Just to play counterpoint/devil's advocate here for a minute...

I will have my second (2nd) 50 this weekend, most likely. I have a 50 BH, and my IA is now half way to 47.

I dont speed through the game. I DO NOT space bar, in fact I hit ESC to re-play conversations to see what a certain path might lead to for companion affection +/-, so I actually take more time to get through conversations than the average person.

Do I have a lot of free time..more than the average person, yes. I work from home, make my own hours (well, sometimes my clients make them for me..), I just happen to enjoy the game, A LOT.

Not all of who got to 50 quickly did it to rush to end game (and then complain there is none...). I like the stories. I think they are fantastic. It's like a good book I cant put down some days. My IA story is coming to a close and I'm already looking ahead to the next one. I fully intend to play through each class at least once, for each faction.

That's just me though. Not everyone who "speeds" to 50 did it the way, or for the reasons, people assume.

Let me make it simple I am just asking people why they rushed(from my personal perspective) to 50 cause I just don't understand why they would want to.

It's a matter of perspective. There are plenty of people who hit level 50 that did not "rush" to do it. They might be more efficient at playing the game than you are, or simply have more time they can put into the game than you do.

People will play at their own pace because that's the pace at which they enjoy the game.

I was thinking about this and came up with

1. To be the first at this that or the other (bragging rights)

2. To exploit whatever bugs or whatever that haven't been addressed yet

3. Get things done before things get nerfed

4. To finish the content in the 30 days free and not have to pay a continuous sub

Ojaix...not knocking you on this killer, but wanted to add some answers :)

1. Won't do a damn thing, b/c honestly...how many of you would care if someone was first to lvl to 50. Not me.

2. Understandable

3. Understandable - usually when patches come with nerfs, most rush like hell to get stuff done before it hits.

4. HAHAHA...talk about being a cheap @ss. It's only $15 a month for crying out loud.

Anyways, I'm not knocking you just some general answers.

For me, I burned myself out with my first 50. Went 10 days straight and rushed through...EVERYTHING. After that, I was like, "hhmm, what am I supposed to do now?" And here is what I did.

1. Rolled a damn alt! Hell, the server I am on is all full, all the same faction (Republic scum, hehe), AND one of each AC.

2. Help out your fellow guildies. This way, you will get more folks to 50, hence, you will be able to run HM FP's and Ops faster.

3. Craft..and sell BABY SELL!!!

4. Hang out in Fleet and just relax and joke around with the rest of the SWTOR community. I can't tell you how many funny convos you can get into while in general chat. Had one yesterday that last about an hour and all we did was talking about 80s cartoons. Best...time...ever!

And yeah, I know, this isn't for everyone. You can factor in some WZ's and reg. pvp...but seriously, rushing to 50 isn't all that great unless you have a plan afterwards. Don't expect the GAME to give you something back, learn to enjoy it for what it is worth.

I can't tell you how many people just whine, and Whine, and WHINE about something they obviously have control over. It is as they put up threads just to hear themselves talk and just to say, "oh yeah, I am a bad @ss since I wrote all these negatives and you will hear me out or else!"

For those that speed to lvl 50 - prepare to be in for a good shock, unless you have a POA after you hit max. Other than that, you might as well not even bother with speeding through the game, because getting to 50 doesn't make you special at all.

Many reasons, most notably.

-Beta, no point listening to the same drivel again

-Shockingly not everyone cares about story

-Shockingly again some people hate leveling up so they do it as fast as possible to get to the good part of the game, raiding and end-game PvP, albeit it being horrible in TOR.

Why do people play games even? Especially mmorpgs.. is it for the pixels?

If that i can draw some epic gear for you so you can atleast hang it up in your room, i don't charge much. Intrested?

Atleast you can smell it, and touch it.

Story is what make games, without it... Without it i wouldn't bother.

Why do people play games even? Especially mmorpgs.. is it for the pixels?

If that i can draw some epic gear for you so you can atleast hang it up in your room, i don't charge much. Intrested?

Atleast you can smell it, and touch it.

Story is what make games, without it... Without it i wouldn't bother.

This is interesting that you say that. I played WoW and man, that crap was SO boring. Hell, I even bought a leveling guide because no offense, I have the attention span of a gnat when it comes to reading and all that drivel it was spouting was BBBOOORRRIIINNGGG! Probably the only thing good about the WoW storyline was the ICC one.

When it came to SW, I was like, "This will be cool, get to hear voices, see some storylines...let's check it out."

For me, honestly, story never was a real issue with me. I could play the game and just - you know - play.

I don't know about anyone else, but like you said - it's a matter of perspective. Some don't care for the story, but then they miss out on the actual premise behind the game. It's what the game has been herald for for years. Last I checked, they didn't backtrack on that statement.

Anyways, what I was saying before getting sidetracked is that I play games to escape reality and just have fun. Anyone else?

Leveling 1-50 is pretty fast if you had no other plans for the holiday. That is why I hit 50 on the 29th or or something like that. I did not "rush", I simple did not waste my time. I do regret not doing all of the flashpoints on the way though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.