Lack of Guild Features

Senth

Oh right....

I didn't know WoW had a phone app... but to pay for it while you're already subscribing is ridiculous, honestly should be an included service. Hear that BW, included service.

Going back to what the post is originally about, "Features lacking in guild system," what if BW added a mobile app to allow you to communicate with people in game at a free of charge service? How would they protect the files on your phone, and contacts, and what if you lost your phone?

I too thought that it would be a good idea from my first post, and thought of adding that comment, but then I thought, it wouldn't be done... but if WoW did it...

I do like the idea, but what are the security and privacy issues? Also... I thought 51% of cell phone market was bought Android phones... aren't those smartphones? Or does the 51% mean out of smartphone purchases?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh right....

I didn't know WoW had a phone app... but to pay for it while you're already subscribing is ridiculous, honestly should be an included service. Hear that BW, included service.

Going back to what the post is originally about, "Features lacking in guild system," what if BW added a mobile app to allow you to communicate with people in game at a free of charge service? How would they protect the files on your phone, and contacts, and what if you lost your phone?

I too thought that it would be a good idea from my first post, and thought of adding that comment, but then I thought, it wouldn't be done... but if WoW did it...

I do like the idea, but what are the security and privacy issues? Also... I thought 51% of cell phone market was bought Android phones... aren't those smartphones? Or does the 51% mean out of smartphone purchases?

I think the 51% was Smartphones overall (Android and iPhone) but that still alienates half the population. Roughly. MMO players and gamers probably have more desire to purchase one than your average joe. Still, that number IS bigger than the last report I have seen on the marketshare of smartphones.

That said, there wouldn't be any real risk to the files on your phone if Bioware released their own app using a private API. the API would only be able to communicate with the game and the game only with the API. It would pretty much take hacking Bioware's servers (and rewriting the entire app and/or API) to influence a phone through an API that was properly designed.

As for the question of "what if you lost your phone" well, anyone with a phone has that issue even if they never installed any Apps. The use of proper lock-password protection, and an App to completely lock your phone remotely if it was stolen, among other security measures is sufficient enough.

Finally, if a "SWTOR Remote" app was released by Bioware for free of charge with no extra fee I'd snatch it off the market the moment it was available.

No, they do not. Having a requirement for a voluntary group is not the same as forcing someone to do it. I'm really not sure why you're getting so upset but I strongly suggest that you try to refocus on reality. You sound worryingly immersed. It is probably a good idea for you to take a break from this and re focus on reality.

Lets just agree to disagree. You're obviously not understanding what I'm trying to say here.

Also, yeah, I need to re-focus on reality. I haven't taken my medication in three days and I'm starting to see Ewoks dancing with Jawas every time I turn around.

Edited by Xontier

I agree there should be more for guilds in this game, but I'm hoping BW adds in time.

As a GL I would really like to see Guild wide perks and Achievements. Although it's not NEEDED, it is nice to have something your guild can work towards together instead of raid content solely.

An easier interface with more options would be nice too. I'm adding that to my list right next to "Legacy Content" LOL

Edited by MandraMoody

Last login is severely needed. As the GM of a raiding guild, I need to find out if people aren't even logging in so I can prune those who don't and keep the roster current.

^^ This

I was looking for the same info and without it I can't say for sure who's been logging in at all.

Swijr