Why can't I view my own posts?

SilverScreemer

This is what I get when I try to view my own posts:

SilverScreemer, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

This... isn't good.

I need to be able to check on replies to my posts, or this forum is pretty useless.

I'd also love to be able to look at other peoples posts, but understand why you wouldn't want to allow that. Still think it would be a useful tool.

If someone writes something that I really like, I'd love to be able to seek out other things they wrote.

Edited by SilverScreemer

Hi there!

The search feature, which is what allows you to view your own posts, is currently disabled. Please see this post by Allison Berryman:

We did briefly restore the search feature, but are still experiencing some technical issues when search is enabled. We are working diligently to restore the search feature on the Forums as soon as possible, and we understand the inconvenience this causes our community members. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

We apologize for this inconvenience and hope to have it restored soon!

it was locked.

No, this is when I go to my profile, and click this.

Total Posts

* Find all posts by SilverScreemer

* Find all threads started by SilverScreemer

Clicking on "Find all posts by me" should list all my posts. Not give me an error screen. I'm a paying member with an active account.

How am I supposed to check on a post I made last night that is likely buried and lost now, but could have some good replies on it...

Please read the yellow text for the answer people...

Search is currently not enabled in the forums.

Using the "Find All Posts", even your own, is done by the search engine on the forums.

...which is not currently enabled...

How do I do this auto subscribe thing?

And I suppose it won't help me with all my old posts that I don't feel like searching for.

Click on 'My Account' on the top bar, then click on 'Forum Options' near the very bottom right, then chose 'No Email Notification' from the dropdown menu in messaging and notifications at the top of the page.

*UNLESS* you want to receive an email every time someone replies to your post or the topic you posted in, then by all means select one of the other email notification options! :p

Now every time you post you will notice Next to your personal message count a number every time you post in a thread. You can click on this number to open up all forum subscription threads.

Fair warning, if its a hot thread, good luck finding exactly where you posted. You're better off to remember what page you posted on. Still, its better than nothing. Also, if you don't regularly delete old threads, they start to pile up. I'm up to 135 now.

EDIT: And no, this does nothing for previous posts you have made.

Edited by Ituhata

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.