Bobba fett vs Jango fett

CloudOfBr

Unfortunately, Novelizations aren't less canon than the movies are. Lucas actually editted and modified the novels HIMSELF (and if you need confirmation on that, simply search it up. The author actually stated that Lucas had the final read-over and edit of the novels).

Boba survived. Case closed.

The Novelizations also say that Boba died.

The idea that he crawled out of the sand pit came from an EU book I think it was tales from Jaba's palace.

I agree that GL looked over the novelization but not the EU books.

So we have him now dieing in the Movies, dieing in the script, George Lucas saying he died and we also have Boba dieing in the official novelizations.

Sorry Boba Fett is dead. Case Closed and concession accepted.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One fell into a Sarlacc having achieved nothing. The other got his head cut off having achieved very little of any value. I think the winner of the fight would be whoever could go longest without screwing up and dying in a swift and embarrassing manner.

One fell into a Sarlacc having achieved nothing. The other got his head cut off having achieved very little of any value. I think the winner of the fight would be whoever could go longest without screwing up and dying in a swift and embarrassing manner.

Yeah, being the best bounty hunter in the galaxy, and having killed several Jedi, one of them a Jedi master (Coleman Trabor) is really not that difficult. Aynone could do something like that

Boba because he went against Vader and could of killed him but decided becoming a enemy of the entire empire would not be worth it.

How could he have possibly killed Vader? As it is read Vader's armor could stop anything short of a lightsaber most of it made of durasteel, so I don't think Boba's EE3 carbine or anything he had could have done anything to him.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

How could he have possibly killed Vader? As it is read Vader's armor could stop anything short of a lightsaber most of it made of durasteel, so I don't think Boba's EE3 carbine or anything he had could have done anything to him.

It woulnt have killed him directly. in woulve knocked him forward off the cliff and into the lava river.

I really liked that battle as it dosnt exaderate either charaters power. Vader is ligitimately stronger but through his underestimation of Fett and Fetts intellegence finds himself in a position where he is at the bounty hunters mercy "your overconfidence is your weakness" as it were. Clearly if Vader were to fight Fett again he would take Fett as a ligitimate threat and the outcome would be much different.

It woulnt have killed him directly. in woulve knocked him forward off the cliff and into the lava river.

I really liked that battle as it dosnt exaderate either charaters power. Vader is ligitimately stronger but through his underestimation of Fett and Fetts intellegence finds himself in a position where he is at the bounty hunters mercy "your overconfidence is your weakness" as it were. Clearly if Vader were to fight Fett again he would take Fett as a ligitimate threat and the outcome would be much different.

Probably....but I mean its not like Vader wouldn't be able to sense an attack and just outright force crush Boba, I mean to put it in simple terms really. Boba is just a guy with gadgets and armor, whereas Vader is a dark lord of the sith with the force and armor. Thats worse then what Jango had to go through, all Jango did was square off against a jedi master and got his head chopped off.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Note deleted scenes are also considered Canon.

Not always.

The best example that comes to mind is during a deleted Episode 3 scene, Grevious executes Shaak Ti.

Not to mention there is no deleted scene depicting Boba climbing out of the Sarlacc.

Not always.

The best example that comes to mind is during a deleted Episode 3 scene, Grevious executes Shaak Ti.

Not to mention there is no deleted scene depicting Boba climbing out of the Sarlacc.

They are Canon so long as they aren't contradicted by other sources. Which.. Shaak Ti's death falls into this category.

They are Canon so long as they aren't contradicted by other sources. Which.. Shaak Ti's death falls into this category.

but once again your point is irrelevant because there is no such scene of Boba crawling out of the sand pit as it was never filmed.

thus it remains Boba is Dead

but once again your point is irrelevant because there is no such scene of Boba crawling out of the sand pit as it was never filmed.

thus it remains Boba is Dead

I read through this whole thread, and y'know, those comments are starting to annoy me. You're saying he's dead because he "died" in the movies, and Lucas says he died.

But that's just Lucas's own view, he says in his world he died, but that doesn't mean he has to die in "their" world. ("Their" world is the rest of Lucasarts and EU writers.)

And you say not everything Lucasarts makes is canon.

That's true. Not all of it is.

Those are called "infinities" (For anyone who doesn't know what that is, look it up on Wookieepedia)

Plain and simple:

Labeled as infinities=Non-canon

Not labeled as infinities=Canon

Boba surviving the Sarlacc=Not labeled as infinities

Boba's survival=Canon

Edited by rashencyberspeed

I read through this whole thread, and y'know, those comments are starting to annoy me. You're saying he's dead because he "died" in the movies, and Lucas says he died.

But that's just Lucas's own view, he says in his world he died, but that doesn't mean he has to die in "their" world. ("Their" world is the rest of Lucasarts and EU writers.)

And you say not everything Lucasarts makes is canon.

That's true. Not all of it is.

Those are called "infinities" (For anyone who doesn't know what that is, look it up on Wookieepedia)

Plain and simple:

Labeled as infinities=Non-canon

Not labeled as infinities=Canon

Boba surviving the Sarlacc=Not labeled as infinities

Boba's survival=Canon

funny you mention the canon system but it seems you have no idea how it works.

See in Star Wars Canon if GL and the Movies say something it is canon and is the official view. GL's view IS Lucasarts view and thusly everything the EU writers do must conform to this view to be official.

for more info on the canon system feel free to check it out on wookipedia.

funny you mention the canon system but it seems you have no idea how it works.

See in Star Wars Canon if GL and the Movies say something it is canon and is the official view. GL's view IS Lucasarts view and thusly everything the EU writers do must conform to this view to be official.

for more info on the canon system feel free to check it out on wookipedia.

If they HAVE to conform to Lucas's view, then why does Boba survive in the EU?

If they HAVE to conform to Lucas's view, then why does Boba survive in the EU?

they have to conform to his view to make it canon. There are plenty of things in the EU that are not canon. There are also plenty of things in the EU that were canon but became non canon after the prequels.

If everything in the EU was canon it would never be consistent that's the entire reason they created the canon system because they had so many stories that there was no way to tell what was canon and what wasn't. The canon system organizes all of it.

http://www.blueharvest.net/scoops/rotj-script.shtml

here is the script for ROTJ

"The impact of the swing causes the rocket pack to ignite. Boba

blasts off, flying over the second skiff like a missile, smashing

against the side of the huge Sail Barge and sliding away into the

pit. He screams as his armored body makes its last flight past

Lando and directly into the mucous mouth of the Sarlacc. The

Sarlacc burps"

notice the key word LAST FLIGHT

can't argue with the script

Last flight within the script means it is the last flight within the confines of the film. This in no way declares Boba Fett Dead.

they have to conform to his view to make it canon. There are plenty of things in the EU that are not canon. There are also plenty of things in the EU that were canon but became non canon after the prequels.

If everything in the EU was canon it would never be consistent that's the entire reason they created the canon system because they had so many stories that there was no way to tell what was canon and what wasn't. The canon system organizes all of it.

Organizing it into three versions:

1: Lucas Canon. This is the films. And ONLY the films. In Lucas's eyes, only the films are canon, the entire EU is non-existant.

2: Lucasarts canon: This includes the films, as well as all the books and video games. Basically, all the EU (except infinities) is part of this. (Boba's survival IS part of this canon)

3: Fan Canon. This is a fan's personal view on what they view as Canon. (We could classify your version as one, but how extreme your being and your refusal to acknowledge how Boba's survival is indeed part of Lucasarts canon is ticking me off.)

Edited by rashencyberspeed

Last flight within the script means it is the last flight within the confines of the film. This in no way declares Boba Fett Dead.

you've never read a script before. So George Lucas who wrote the script and wrote the line "last flight" and has said on several occasions that Boba Fett is dead is saying in this script that Boba Fett is alive?

Based on what exactly?

Organizing it into three versions:

1: Lucas Canon. This is the films. And ONLY the films. In Lucas's eyes, only thefilms are canon, the entire EU is non-existant.

2: Lucasarts canon: This includes the films, as well as all the books and video games. Basically, all the EU (except infinities) is part of this. (Boba's survival IS part of this canon)

3: Fan Canon. This is a fan's personal view on what they view as Canon. (We could classify your version as one, but how extreme your being and your refusal to acknowledge how Boba's survival is indeed part of Lucasarts canon is ticking me off.)

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon

It's not my version there is a very clear definition on what is canon and what is not.

That's a link to the Wookipedia article on Canon. there are 5 levels of Canon and there is no such thing as Fan Canon.

Read up and understand the different levels of Canon and then come back.

Edited by jarjarloves

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon

It's not my version there is a very clear definition on what is canon and what is not.

That's a link to the Wookipedia article on Canon. there are 5 levels of Canon and there is no such thing as Fan Canon.

Read up and understand the different levels of Canon and then come back.

You lost the second you said "no such thing as fan canon" Fan canon is mentioned in that article, by Lucas himself actually.

As for non-canon, yes there is non-canon work, but there has been nothing to suggest that Boba's survival is non-canon. (I looked at the five levels of canon, and none of them mention scripts)

You lost the second you said "no such thing as fan canon" Fan canon is mentioned in that article, by Lucas himself actually.

As for non-canon, yes there is non-canon work, but there has been nothing to suggest that Boba's survival is non-canon. (I looked at the five levels of canon, and none of them mention scripts)

prove it quote where it says in the article "fan canon"

G-canon is absolute canon; the movies (their most recent release), the scripts, the novelizations of the movies, the radio plays, and any statements by George Lucas himself. G-canon overrides the lower levels of canon when there is a contradiction. Within G-canon, many fans follow an unofficial progression of canonicity where the movies are the highest canon, followed by the scripts, the novelizations, and then the radio plays.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_wars_canon

the wikipedia entry is actually more complete

that definition of G-canon comes from leeland chee on the official star wars website forums.

Edited by jarjarloves

prove it quote where it says in the article "fan canon"

Well they don't say that exact phrase, but take a look at this quote from the "George Lucas and Star Wars Canon" section of the article (a quote by Lucas Himself):

"But there's three worlds: There's my world that I made up, there's the licensing world that's the books, the comics, all that kind of stuff, the games, which is their world, and then there's the fans' world, which is also very rich in imagination, but they don't always mesh. All I'm in charge of is my world. I can't be in charge of those other people's world, because I can't keep up with it."

He mentioned the "fans' world".

There you go. We have Fan-canon.

Well they don't say that exact phrase, but take a look at this quote from the "George Lucas and Star Wars Canon" section of the article (a quote by Lucas Himself):

"But there's three worlds: There's my world that I made up, there's the licensing world that's the books, the comics, all that kind of stuff, the games, which is their world, and then there's the fans' world, which is also very rich in imagination, but they don't always mesh. All I'm in charge of is my world. I can't be in charge of those other people's world, because I can't keep up with it."

He mentioned the "fans' world".

There you go. We have Fan-canon.

fans world and fan canon are not the same.

So once again we have established that scripts, movies, novelizations, and what GL say are part of G-canon. G-canon is the offiical one and even the EU must conform to it if it is to be considered canon.

GL says he is dead, the script says he is dead, and he clearly dies in the movies.

I'll tell you what we can make this real easy.

Tell me when the newest canon levels where created and then tell me what book is it in that says Boba crawled out of the sarlac pit.

fans world and fan canon are not the same.

So once again we have established that scripts, movies, novelizations, and what GL say are part of G-canon. G-canon is the offiical one and even the EU must conform to it if it is to be considered canon.

GL says he is dead, the script says he is dead, and he clearly dies in the movies.

I'll tell you what we can make this real easy.

Tell me when the newest canon levels where created and then tell me what book is it in that says Boba crawled out of the sarlac pit.

*facepalm* If you are going by what Lucas Said, then technically the EU doesn't exist at all (he says that's a different world, remember?), what he said, and what happened in his work, are different. GL says he's dead, that applies to his world, but not to overall canon. The script says, "last flight", but that applies to the movie continuity. And we see him fall into the sarlacc during the films, but we do NOT see him die. (The sarlacc keeps its victims alive for thousands of years as they are slowly, painfully digested.)

As for the book where he escaped, that would be Tales from Jabba's Palace.