Riddle me this...

Esoda

I have a level 48 sentinel with decent gear and mods. I also have a level 17 gunslinger. When I look at my character sheet for my sentinel, my primary weapon does 400-505 damage and the secondary does 138-207.

Looking at my gunslinger, her primary weapon damage does 1199-1699 and her secondary does 141-258.

Comparing these two toons at grossly different experience levels, can anyone explain to me why these stats look completely unbalanced??? What am I missing here? If this has been explained or discussed, forgive me for my ignorance but I'm appalled at the stats Im seeing here. It would appear there is no obvious reason to play melee... for any reason.

I have a level 48 sentinel with decent gear and mods. I also have a level 17 gunslinger. When I look at my character sheet for my sentinel, my primary weapon does 400-505 damage and the secondary does 138-207.

Looking at my gunslinger, her primary weapon damage does 1199-1699 and her secondary does 141-258.

Comparing these two toons at grossly different experience levels, can anyone explain to me why these stats look completely unbalanced??? What am I missing here? If this has been explained or discussed, forgive me for my ignorance but I'm appalled at the stats Im seeing here. It would appear there is no obvious reason to play melee... for any reason.

My jedi shadow is melee, and my operative ranged, but I like the shadow more, even though the operative can get more damage. It's all about tactics. The shadow does contribute to the overall teams success. I mainly use him to attack those with 50% health or less. I can use stealth to remain in the game longer. Of course, the operative has stealth too, but it's a trade off. I just enjoy the shadow more than the operative. I admit I might be sacrificing end of match awards. But a warzone is never just about me.

My jedi shadow is melee, and my operative ranged, but I like the shadow more, even though the operative can get more damage. It's all about tactics. The shadow does contribute to the overall teams success. I mainly use him to attack those with 50% health or less. I can use stealth to remain in the game longer. Of course, the operative has stealth too, but it's a trade off. I just enjoy the shadow more than the operative. I admit I might be sacrificing end of match awards. But a warzone is never just about me.

While I can appreciate your opinion on the two classes in a PvP environment, you really offer no explanation for the grotesque difference in damage between the two which is really what I'm after. I've PvP'd a TON on my sentinel, and very little with my gunslinger. However, I have been on the recieving end of ranged attacks and I can tell you I'm being hit for far more damage than I am capable of delivering. The character stats I provided above offer proof to that and I am simply asking how is this supposed to be a balanced and fair fight?

Weapon damage from a tooltip does not mean that's the DPS it puts out. Abilities that depend on it are going to have different speeds which makes up for the discrepancy. Such as gunslingers having to cast instead of just being able to instant spam. Edited by Knifewrench

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.