The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few

Chiricahua

This is how you win Alderaan:

You put people on the objectives and make sure to capture them. Once you secured one, you make sure to keep people around the objectives so you can prevent the opponent from capturing it. Since this game features stealth classes it is absolutely imperative to stay around the objective so it wont be captured while you are away from it.

You clearly did not understand this concept. You may have slowed one guy down but what gives? You died, he went on his way. Inside the group you would probably lived on and he would have died miserably vs the guys that were at the turret WITH you, had you stayed.

While you had to travel back your team was one man down on hat objective.

All this nonsense talk about sacrificing yourselves... It is always better to stay alive and near your teammates. There are healing classes for a reason.

We know how to play Alderaan tyvm. In a perfect world - every WZ would have a healer and everyone would work together as a team. But WZ's are not a perfect world...not even close :)

We're not talking about going kamikaze all the time - just sometimes in order to achieve the objective you have to sacrifice yourself for the win.

Players like that guy have no concept of "team work" and I'm constantly sacrificing myself to help the group complete objectives. One example is in VS - I stand in the hallway and attempt to slow down the enemy while my team mates secure the bridge to the next point.

If more people were like the OP in Warzones we would win more games.

If my opponents were all like the OP my team would win every game.

The OP made a bad tactical decision. It did not help his team in any way, shape or form. Nor did it spoil the plans of his adversary.

Teamwork is staying and defending the objective rather than running off solo without the tools to do anything but speedbump another solo player for a few seconds then die

The OP made a terrible tactical decision. It was not "thinking 6 moves ahead". It was not "guerrilla tactics". It was stupid. To fit it in the native american theme, it was a solo Apache running across an open field towards a man with a gun aimed at him.

Tactics 101... use mobility and maneuver to achieve local superiority of firepower. The OP used mobility to get into a fight he could not win, then used his limited tools at denying the opponent maneuverability in a way that gave no advantage to his team. He then died, so that when the opponent arrived at the objective the OP's team's local superiority was diminished.

Edited by xMrBill