Looking to create 2nd char, questions

EBKnight

I currently have a sith socerer, with syntweave, arch, underworld. What would be a good second char to create to share the items and skills to complement?

If I created a sith knight, would I get a different adventure and he could use the crystals i've gathered?

I currently have a sith socerer, with syntweave, arch, underworld. What would be a good second char to create to share the items and skills to complement?

If I created a sith knight, would I get a different adventure and he could use the crystals i've gathered?

Yes and yes. A Sith Warrior would be able to take advantage of the Synthweaving goods crafted by your Sorcerer. And, if you picked a complementary crew skill, you could send your old unused mats to the Warrior.

Synthweaving is the force-user crafting profession so yeah to get the best out of it for an alt you would pretty much be going with either a warrior or the alternate inquisitor advanced class.

The downside is the second option would be a mirror-image storywise.

That said, I would pick a class off of what interests you the most and what seems to be the most fun without really putting too much weight on what is well supported by what you can do now, so I'd consider taking a warrior/Agent/Bounty Hunter all to about 10-12, and sort of go from there.

Would it be better then to just change crew skills? I have a crapload of crystals I can't make anything with or do later crafting levels use them? Do I have to run up a skill to 400 (1st level) to get new crafting options, or do I buy new ones?

Would it be better then to just change crew skills? I have a crapload of crystals I can't make anything with or do later crafting levels use them? Do I have to run up a skill to 400 (1st level) to get new crafting options, or do I buy new ones?

The old crystals can be sent to another character to help level up that character's crafting skill. Or you can always put them up on the GTN and earn some extra credits. Both Artificers and Synthweavers use crystals.

Glad I am in new player help area. I feel stupid for asking, but what is GTN?

No worries :D The GTN is the Galactic Trade Network, the SWTOR version of an auction house. There are three different GTNs in the game: one for Republic players, one for Imperial players, and one that is open to both factions (aka the Hutt cartel GTN).

On the Republic side, you can find GTN terminals at the Republic Fleet or in Coruscant. The Imperial GTN terminals are either at the Imperial Fleet or Kaas City in Dromund Kaas. Finally, the Hutt cartel GTN (the neutral GTN) is located on Nar Shadaa.

No worries :D The GTN is the Galactic Trade Network, the SWTOR version of an auction house. There are three different GTNs in the game: one for Republic players, one for Imperial players, and one that is open to both factions (aka the Hutt cartel GTN).

On the Republic side, you can find GTN terminals at the Republic Fleet or in Coruscant. The Imperial GTN terminals are either at the Imperial Fleet or Kaas City in Dromund Kaas. Finally, the Hutt cartel GTN (the neutral GTN) is located on Nar Shadaa.

Wow glad to have read this thread, had never paid attention to their being a hutt side 'neutral' AH-- guess on my sith all those jedi-centric patterns my droid keeps bringing back from companion quests have at least a little use (5 patterns earned that way to date 4 are jedi/smuggler only with three of them being orange to one very generic blue sith drop).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.