Invites should be RANDOM

DragonAgeOrgins

I think it's logical that it should be random. Because a player pre ordered a game six month's ago that gives them priority over me. Their force is to the strong is stronger then mine. We "ALL" pre ordered the game. Some of us don't have credit card's and you changed the date twice on when it should come back.

The reason I didn't pre order month's ago. Because I pay with a pre paid gift card that cashes out 5 dollar's every month. I followed the game Since 2008. So this "first come first serve" ...I was here in 2008, first come?

It sucks thb. Another day of waiting for an invite but not given one. Why does the AD still say "Up to five days early, we are in the second day"

Brilliant :)

You ordered late, so it should be random....that is, of course, until someone who ordered after you gets in. Then you'll be saying it should have been by redemption rate.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

+1 I so agree...General Forum Posts have only damaged my hopes for this games community...if there are this many goofs in the forums complaining about such a small thing as not being granted early access the moment it opened up I fear what the in-game community on the servers will be like.

They won't be that different from every other game out there. People aren't going to change just because it's a different title.

I think it's logical that it should be random. Because a player pre ordered a game six month's ago that gives them priority over me. Their force is to the strong is stronger then mine. We "ALL" pre ordered the game. Some of us don't have credit card's and you changed the date twice on when it should come back.

The reason I didn't pre order month's ago. Because I pay with a pre paid gift card that cashes out 5 dollar's every month. I followed the game Since 2008. So this "first come first serve" ...I was here in 2008, first come?

It sucks thb. Another day of waiting for an invite but not given one. Why does the AD still say "Up to five days early, we are in the second day"

I don't have a problem with the first come first served basis at all. I do, however, think they invited too few people yesterday and servers aren't busy enough. Hopefully they'll pick up the pace now.

They won't be that different from every other game out there. People aren't going to change just because it's a different title.

Good point Sciborg...I think I should be prepared for the worst and hope for the best regarding the community :)

That and stay outta the "General" forums

I really hate EGA. Over time i became one of those people that don't care about the time or how it works, but the fact that it ripped the community in half before even release. Dumb decision and indeed it will leave a vile taste in anyone's mouth who is old enough to understand what's going on here.

Spoiled children whining <> ripping the community in half. I'm old enough to understand that they said back in July early access was going to be first come, first serve, and not wait until Nov/Dec to preorder and then whine that I wasn't at the front of the line.

I'm pretty sure anyone with a modicum of intelligence understands that RNG is more fair than financial favoritism. If it is random then everyone gets equal shot, period. I'm not saying they should do anything at this point to change it, they're already in too deep. However, if they ever did EGA in the future RNG would be the better way to go, imo.

Financial favoritism? What? Anyone could have put $5 down back in July to reserve a copy and get in line for early access. Everyone had an "equal shot" to preorder.

Ok so I want to take my wife to a nice expensive restaurant, so I go ahead and call to make reservations for that night at 8:00. When we arrive at the restaurant at 7:55, there is already a major line forming with people who have not called ahead. I walk up to let them know we had reservations and they say sorry you'll have to join the crowd massing outside.

That's the Logic many of you are using, It would only make sense to let people in by order that they preordered. We who preordered in a sese went out on a limb for Bioware by preordering a product we havent yet tried out(Until a few weeks ago) and so we are being rewarded for it. You had the same option to preorder as anyone else .

Edited by CodwiDasan

I don't have a problem with the first come first served basis at all. I do, however, think they invited too few people yesterday and servers aren't busy enough. Hopefully they'll pick up the pace now.

Thiiiiiiiiiiiis!!!

This is what people have a beef with, if their head is screwed on straight. Not their place in line, but in how poorly Bioware is dealing with it.

doop de doop de dooop de dooooop ( slow poke cartoon music) playing it way too safe.

Server load is light, pop practically dead. I mean come on.

I think its stupid to have first come first serve.

Most of you saying we should have pre-ordered earlier at least got to test the game for a whole year.

So, when we pre-order later we get discriminated against the fan boys who all pre-ordered as soon as the pre-orders jumped up.

We all paid for the game, we all should be let in fairly.

Not be discriminated based off factors that we can't control.

I bought my copy after I did the first weekend test.

I LIKED the game, before hand I had no idea into pre-ordering or even cared.

If I had to test the game of COURSE I would have pre-ordered earlier.

Fan boys gonna be fan boys.

You got in, now your here to gloat and tell everyone else whos complaining to shut up.

Theres one thing we all have in common, we all paid for the game and you can shut up.

lol and I'm pretty sure you would still complain if someone who ordered months after you got in before you did.

Ok so I want to take my wife to a nice expensive restaurant, so I go ahead and call to make reservations for that night at 8:00. When we arrive at the restaurant at 7:55, there is already a major line forming with people who have not called ahead. I walk up to let them know we had reservations and they say sorry you'll have to join the crowd massing outside.

That's the Logic many of you are using, It would only make sense to let people in by order that they preordered. We who preordered in a sese went out on a limb for Bioware by preordering a product we havent yet tried out(Until a few weeks ago) and so we are being rewarded for it. You had the same option to preorder as anyone else .

Kudos +1

The 5 days hasn't even started yet... and "UP TO" means you could get 0 for all anyone cares.

I preordered on Dec 9th and feel like every person who preordered before that date should get in before me.

Bara you are the type of person I'd like to game with...im not in either (Early Dec. pre-order) and similarly don't see the big deal of someone doing something first, leveling ahead of me or having to wait a few days.

Heck I may get in early (hoping the 19th) but will then may need to take a break till Dec 25th when I can hopefully find the game under my tree from Santa.

they are dont worry. There is already people that pre ordered in Nov playing as of yesterday.

Source? Proof? You really need to check your facts before you try to spread misinformation for the purpose of inflaming people to rant even more. And if you already know this is incorrect, and posted it anyway, that's called trolling.

First come first served is unfair?

Yes, and i will tell you why. Because a lot of countries were UNABLE to pre order untill early/mid november, putting them dead last in this "first come first serve" thing. Hell, some countries still can't buy the game now. So i dare you say it's not unfair based on what i said above.

think its funny all these post ones that didn't get in are whining the ones that did get in are doing the same about the ones whining and i thought that this game would have a more mature player base i guess not me myself will just wait and see i didn't pr-order early for the fact i wanted to try the game before i paid cause i have spent way to much on games that i don't like after i got them

but oh-well hope to see every one in game soon!!!!!!