Need suggestion about minor stats

ChampT

Right now I'm a level 43 Combat Med Commando. The gears and mods I'm getting all have minor stats (those power,crit,surge, alacrity).

I wonder how should I build my commando? Stacking a certain stat? Or get a little bit of everything?

edit: I'll be doing PvE mostly.

Edited by ChampT

I recommend crit/surge over pwr/alc. You'll hit your big heals far more often and they will be bigger when they do. When I heal raids, it's no problem.

Would crit/surge also work if a medic commando respec to dps?

Im going to try those on my medic, so far, i have used power instead of crit and never had problems, but, if the heals gets so much better, then i like to try it :)

It really depends on what you wanna do. Alac's only really worthwhile in PvP. You need to stay mobile, constantly reposition to avoid threats and keep your group in range. Alac's good because the faster you get a cast off, the sooner you can move.

For PvE, I would go for bigger overall heals with crit/surge.

If you want gear that you can use whether your DPS or heal spec, I would go with the bigger number option. You're better off healing in a crit based DPS set than you are DPSing in an Alac based healing set.

It really depends on what you wanna do. Alac's only really worthwhile in PvP.

Or when people mess up in PVE.

Our main heal has a 2s (talented) cast time. The quicker we cast, the broader range of situations we can handle.

I am on the Alacrity/Power side.

Surge has large diminishing returns. Getting it on more than a couple pieces of armour begins to really hurt.

There isn't a whole lot of moving. You can pretty much stand there and mouthbreath DPS in every boss.

Edited by LordKivlov