I fail to understand......

lolwow

They dont exist. They only state minimums.

And frankly, a quad core isnt recommended or even required. I play quite happily on a dual core i5 with everything set to maximum and only the occational stutter (and a few long load times...)

Which is the reason I was asking him that. That's my point. They don't recommend a quad-core; he just made that up.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Post your system specifications at least. Maybe someone can identify a bottle neck because your experience is not my experience.

?

You're really, seriously missing the point. I have sent my specs to Bioware - for help for THEM to fix the problem on THEIR end.

it's not my goddamn computer, or the hardware on it, or the software on it besides Bioware's

get it through your head, please. stop trying to blame these issues on the pc's of the people who have them. I'm sure there -are- some people out there whose computers just shouldnt be able to run the game, who are part of those complaining, but MANY people have issues with this game who SHOULD NOT.

Let me say it one more time, to help it sink in:

It is a coding problem on Bioware's end, coupled with a poor choice of engine and optimization. Period.

Not a chance in hell that I'd do that, or that you'd be successful. I've had it looked over by a good friend who went to college for years for this sort of thing and who owns his own computer shop that repairs, builds, and upgrades PC's for people for everything from gaming to high-end business hardware.

it's not the PC, period.

I am a fan of Bioware, and a fan of this game - but not a fan of people who just blindly try to insist that there aren't serious issues in need of fixing.

Your friend is perfect I guess, couldn't of possibly missed something? I wasn't serious about you sending me your PC, I'm sure you know that though.

It's probably a registry error, or something simple like too much system resources in the backround /smacks forehead again

?

You're really, seriously missing the point. I have sent my specs to Bioware - for help for THEM to fix the problem on THEIR end.

it's not my gosh darn computer, or the hardware on it, or the software on it besides Bioware's

get it through your head, please. stop trying to blame these issues on the pc's of the people who have them. I'm sure there -are- some people out there whose computers just shouldnt be able to run the game, who are part of those complaining, but MANY people have issues with this game who SHOULD NOT.

Let me say it one more time, to help it sink in:

It is a coding problem on Bioware's end, coupled with a poor choice of engine and optimization. Period.

Holy ****, calm yourself. umadbro? All I asked was for your system specifications. But I guess if you're afraid to post them...

If you refuse to post your specs then I refuse to believe you that it's not your computer. If you were confident no one could identify a bottleneck in your specs then you'd post them with confidence just so you could say you told us so.

Although, with your attitude I'm sure any specs you post will be altered.

Edited by Chevex

Holy ****, calm yourself. All I asked was for your system specifications. But I guess if you're afraid to post them...

I'm frustrated.

No, I'm not afraid to post them. IT WOULD BE POINTLESS TO POST THEM BECAUSE IT ISNT MY PC THAT IS THE PROBLEM.

Reading comprehension fail.

Seriously.

What good is posting my specs going to do? It's not going to fix the problem on Bioware's end. It would just give someone like you, who completely ignores that this is not a hardware issue on my end, room to say "Oh well theres your problem, your computer is ****" when it's actually great and runs ANYTHING ELSE I PUT ON IT, MAX SETTINGS, NO PROBLEM.

I'm frustrated.

No, I'm not afraid to post them. IT WOULD BE POINTLESS TO POST THEM BECAUSE IT ISNT MY PC THAT IS THE PROBLEM.

Seriously.

What good is posting my specs going to do? It's not going to fix the problem on Bioware's end. It would just give someone like you, who completely ignores that this is not a hardware issue on my end, room to say "Oh well theres your problem, your computer is ****" when it's actually great and runs ANYTHING ELSE I PUT ON IT, MAX SETTINGS, NO PROBLEM.

If you refuse to post your specs then I refuse to believe you that it's not your computer. If you were confident no one could identify a bottleneck in your specs then you'd post them with confidence just so you could say you told us so.

Although, with your attitude I'm sure any specs you post will be altered.

My point has been proven. You are afraid someone might find something and then you'd have to admit they might have a point. God forbid you might be wrong about something. You should probably ragequit and then go cut yourself to let out some of the heat in your blood.

Edited by Chevex

How a game made in 2004 that runs on a dual core processor, 2gb of ram, and an ati 3850, looks better with all max settings than a game just released late 2011. Now don't get me wrong I love SWTOR, but how this game can require a quad core processor, 4gb of ram, and a 4850 is beyond me. If Blizzard can make a game run and look good on such low hardware, then with TOR"S requirements we should be getting better results and performance then we currently have.

But cause it's simply not true and you're setting up a fallacy and being dishonest.

Fallacy one: World of Warcraft now is not the same graphics of that at release. It wasn't that long ago they revamped a lot of the game and upped the graphics in the existing zones.

Fallacy two: Worlf of Warcraft graphics now are still below that of TOR. I played both games and know this for a fact. Less detailed world modeling as well as character modeling.

Being dishonest trying to bait people is worthless as this thread can be.

/thread.

I'm frustrated.

Seriously.

It is your PC bro. I'm sorry to break this to you, but something in your computer isn't working properly with other parts of the computer. MY pc is not good at all, and the game runs perfectly for me. I really can't help you since I can't get on your computer though. Still I've been making modern games run on sub-par rigs for YEARS.

lol really guys check your read me files much in your swtor folder? quad is reccomended to run this at its potential. Wow on the other hand does not and runs/looks about the same. Here are tors requirements.

STAR WARS

MINIMUM

-------------------------

Windows Vista with SP2

Windows XP with service pack 2

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0GHz or better

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better

RAM: 1.5 GB or greater (2 GB for Windows Vista or Windows 7)

PCs using built-in graphic chipsets, 2 GB RAM is recommended

Video: ATI X1800 or better

NVIDIA 7800 or better

Intel 4100 or better

256MB minimum video RAM

Shader 3.0 or better fully compatible graphics card

DVD-ROM Drive: 8x speed or faster

Disk Space Required: 30 GB

RECOMMENDED

----------

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Processor 2.4GHz or better

AMD Phenom 2 X4 Quad-core 2.5GHz or better

RAM: 4GB RAM or higher

Video: ATI/AMD Radeon HD 4850 or better

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 or better

512MB minimum video RAM

Shader 3.0 or better fully compatible graphics card

Latest drivers for your video card

DVD-ROM Drive: 8x speed or faster

Disk Space Required: 30 GB

The minimum system requirements for World of Warcraft are:

Windows XP 32bit (SP3), Windows XP 64bit (SP2), Windows Vista 32bit (SP1), Windows Vista 64bit (SP1):

•Intel Pentium 4 1.3 GHz or AMD Athlon XP 1500

•1GB or more of RAM

•NVIDIA GeForce FX or ATI Radeon 9500 video card or better

•DirectX-compatible sound card or motherboard sound capability

•25 GB free hard drive space

•A keyboard and mouse are required. Input devices other than a mouse and keyboard are not supported.

•You must have an active broadband Internet connection to play

Mac OS X 10.5.8, 10.6.4, or newer:

•Intel Core Duo processor

•2 GB RAM

•25 GB free hard drive space

•A keyboard and mouse are required. Input devices other than a mouse and keyboard are not supported.

•You must have an active broadband Internet connection to play

The recommended system requirements for World of Warcraft are:

Windows XP 32bit (SP3), Windows XP 64bit (SP2), Windows Vista 32bit (SP1), Windows Vista 64bit (SP1) Windows 7:

•Dual-core processor, such as the Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 X2

•2 GB RAM (2 GB for Vista users)

•3D graphics processor with Vertex and Pixel Shader capability with 256 MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600 or ATI Radeon™

•2600 or better DirectX-compatible sound card or motherboard sound capability

•Broadband Internet connection

•Multi-button mouse with scroll wheel recommended

Mac® OS X 10.6.4 or newer:

•Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor

•NVIDIA® GeForce® 9600M GT or ATI Radeon™ HD 4670 or better

•4 GB RAM

•3D graphics processor with Vertex and Pixel Shader capability with 128 MB VRAM such as an ATI Radeon X1600 or NVIDIA 7600 class card or better

•Multi-button mouse with scroll wheel recommended

keep in mind these settings, the fact that tor doesn't look or run much better then wow, along with all these problems people are posting on the forums , somethings terribly wrong in tor land.

AMD 4000+

ATI HD 3870 no over clocking

2 GB RAM

XP PRO

All graphics on high and trees and ground at 50%

Shadows off

Runs great!

Aint that a kick in the head? :eek:

Since fruitoffailure let us know hardware has nothing to do with how well the game runs, you obviously modded the game to improve performance.

Edited by Chevex

Since fruitoffailure let us know hardware has nothing to do with how well the game runs, you obviously modded the game to improve performance.

I never touched a thing. Right now i can pull 55-70 FPS while questing and 40-50 in pvp. I feel bad for these people that have high end machines and cant run it. Especially when they have waaaay more cash into their systems then i do. I was going to upgrade for this game, but why should i now? Lol

I never touched a thing. Right now i can pull 55-70 FPS while questing and 40-50 in pvp. I feel bad for these people that have high end machines and cant run it. Especially when they have waaaay more cash into their systems then i do. I was going to upgrade for this game, but why should i now? Lol

Lies. You are obviously an elite hacker who can mod the game to perform better because how well it runs depends solely on the code. Hardware does not matter.

It is not my PC, which runs EVERY single game I have ever played on it at max settings, including recently released games with highly realistic graphics, and MMOs.

Same with my machine. Everything else works just fine, so why shouldn't SWTOR?

Same with my machine. Everything else works just fine, so why shouldn't SWTOR?

specs?

Or should we expect...

OMG IT'S NOT MY COMPUTER!@#!$!@$ GET IT THRU YOUR THICK HEAD! I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO POST SPECS CUZ IT'S ALL BIOWARE'S FAULT.!@#!@#@#!#
Edited by Chevex

I'm going to do you the honor of just assuming you're a troll trying to grief already frustrated people, instead ofg assuming you are as stupid as you make yourself sound.

No one would find an issue with it, but they'd certainly make some up. I guarantee you'd find something to point to despite likely being uneducated on the topic, or at least nowhere near as educated as my friend who already looked over my system with his 6 years of college in various areas of computer expertise.

I'm going to do you the honor of just assuming you're a troll trying to grief already frustrated people, instead ofg assuming you are as stupid as you make yourself sound.

No one would find an issue with it, but they'd certainly make some up. I guarantee you'd find something to point to despite likely being uneducated on the topic, or at least nowhere near as educated as my friend who already looked over my system with his 6 years of college in various areas of computer expertise.

You sit here and point fingers and are too afraid to post your system specifications for fear that someone might identify a problem and force you to admit that it could be a hardware problem.....and I'm the stupid one. okaylol

For the record, I genuinely wanted to offer any advice I could give about your specs before you needlessly chewed me out. Social much?

Edited by Chevex

You sit here and point fingers and are too afraid to post your system specifications for fear that someone might identify a problem and force you to admit that it could be a hardware problem.....and I'm the stupid one. okaylol

For the record, I genuinely wanted to offer any advice I could give about your specs before you needlessly chewed me out. Social much?

I don't need advice about my specs beyond what has already been given by numerous sources.

this is why I have no interest in posting them; for one, it would solve nothing, for two, you are 100% focused on the idea that anyone with issues with the game has a hardware problem, rather than the real issue - poor coding and a bad engine.

I don't need advice about my specs beyond what has already been given by numerous sources.

this is why I have no interest in posting them; for one, it would solve nothing, for two, you are 100% focused on the idea that anyone with issues with the game has a hardware problem, rather than the real issue - poor coding and a bad engine.

But you do have a rather large interest in arguing about it. Interesting.

"I have no interest in posting my specs or receiving any advice. My sole reason for posting is to complain and point fingers. My issues cannot be related to anything under my control and my pride won't let me open myself to any criticism. HOW DARE YOU DISAGREE WITH MY TACTICS OR ATTEMPT TO HELP!"

Edited by Chevex

But you do have a rather large interest in arguing about it. Interesting.

"I have no interest in posting my specs or receiving any advice. My sole reason for posting is to complain and point fingers. My issues cannot be related to anything under my control and my pride won't let me open myself to any criticism. HOW DARE YOU DISAGREE WITH MY TACTICS OR ATTEMPT TO HELP!"

Listen, I appreciate people wanting to help, but they're going about it the wrong way. if you want to help, support people who have issues so that BIOWARE will get to work on the problems.

My interest in arguing about it lie with this: people are too focused on other peoples' systems when it has been established since beta that there are issues with the game itself that causes many of these problems. The more people focus on the wrong thing, the less pressure we have on Bioware to start rolling out fixes for the huge issues with their coding and engine.

I can't say wow looks better graphically then swtor but I will say this. WOW makes better use of what they have to work with than SWTOR does. Long story short WOW pushes what their engine can do to the very limits with creative design and good use of colors while SWTOR seems to just scrape by with the bare minimum of what their engine can do with poor and lazy design along with limited use of color.

you are 100% focused on the idea that anyone with issues with the game has a hardware problem, rather than the real issue - poor coding and a bad engine.

If it was poor coding and a bad engine it would effect everyone regardless of specs.... Which it doesn't.

I have no issues on my i5 and GTX570.

I do get some slowdown on the imperial fleet from time to time, but just like the early days of WoW this happens in the heavily populated areas (The lag in places like IF in the early days of WoW ring a bell?), but just like WoW the imperial fleet lag can be fixed.