Low Video Settings

Noemad

Does anyone know if SWTOR automatically defaults to low video settings? Or does it check your system and then adjust the settings based on what it finds? The reason I'm asking is because I decided to look thru all the settings menus last night after leaving the game and noticed that the video settings were set to low quality.

I'm running an I5 3.1 GHz quad core, 4 GB RAM and an NVIDIA GTX 460 1 GB graphics card. I can play Skyrim and Age of Conan on high with this rig with no issues. I should be able to play SWTOR on high with no issues also. That's why I'm wondering if the game checks your system and adjusts the settings or if it defaults to low. Because if it checks your system and adjusts accordingly then I'm wondering what there is about my system it finds lacking.

Any ideas?

you should be able to play on high. Make sure you have the latest nvidia driver, this is important!

Go ahead and play with the settings, put them on high, and check your fps in game.

Bloom is the one that will set your fps back the most.

Im on a gtx 560, all on high, with no problems (I had bloom off in beta. It took a lot of fps, but it might be fixed now on retail)

Thanks for the info. I checked for the latest drivers while I pre-loaded the game last week but I'll check again tonight. Does this game have a built in fps meter like Age of Conan did or do I need to download one? Edited by Noemad

Are the settings being reset? or did they just defaul the first time to low and now they are fine?

I have a system a little bit faster than yours, and my grass/tree detail defaulted to 30 (out of 100 possible). Changed it to 100 and didnt' notice any FPS loss, so its possible they defaulted some values low.

I'm not sure what the settings were initially and if they changed or stayed the same. I created a character, played for a few hours and then logged out to the main menu. Then I decided to browse thru the settings and see what was there and discovered that the video settings were set to low quality. I was too anxious to actually get in and play to go thru the settings right off the bat so I only saw the settings after that first play session. :p

I'll set them to high tonight and see if I notice a difference. I have to say though that even on low quality the game looked great.

Edited by Noemad

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.