Why dose Kaliyo die so fast ><

klambro

Topic says its self, im lvl 20 working y way thru balmora after the boos fight and his 2 jedis kaliyo has started sucking, she was fine before and no problems kill bosses or trash, now on the other hand if i face 2 normal and 1 silver she is dead.

is there something i am missing completely that would make her all of a sudden start to take insane amount of dmg?

1) Trigger her shields manually. I usually do it at the start of any fight so she lasts longer. You can do this by pressing ` (the tilde) and looking for the second to last ability. Binding it works better.

2) Gear her up hard. Stop taking those commendations, they will come naturally. Every time you see a reward you cannot use, check if it says her name and get it for her. Gearing companions is the most important thing you can do.

3) Use interrupts. I'm not sure which level you get each, but you should at least have Flashbang/bomb. Use this as an interrupt then use disract, then use the melee stun (debilitate), then use distract. Chaining interrupts is important if a mob casts.

4) Pull her in passive and tank some dmg periodically. This is ability 2 (or 3). Use it then make her reenter battle after you've taken a few hits.

also make sure she's in tanking presence or stance (ability 3 or 4). VERY IMPORTANT

I think that about covers it.

Edited by nimchip

I have, she even has a couple of items that are better then mine just to se if that helped, what confuses me is that it wasn’t as if she was a bad tank from the start she was decent and then all of a sudden she started sucking.

i went and handed in on quest went back out and now she sucks, in the space of minutes.

1) Trigger her shields manually. I usually do it at the start of any fight so she lasts longer. You can do this by pressing ` (the tilde) and looking for the second to last ability. Binding it works better.

2) Gear her up hard. Stop taking those commendations, they will come naturally. Every time you see a reward you cannot use, check if it says her name and get it for her. Gearing companions is the most important thing you can do.

3) Use interrupts. I'm not sure which level you get each, but you should at least have Flashbang/bomb. Use this as an interrupt then use disract, then use the melee stun, then use distract. Chaining interrupts is important if a mob casts.

4) Pull her in passive and tank some dmg periodically. This is ability 2 (or 3). Use it then make her reenter battle after you've taken a few hits.

also make sure she's in tanking presence or stance (ability 3 or 4). VERY IMPORTANT

I think that about covers it.

only one of those i don’t do is the first one, witch i will try when i get of work :)

Edited by klambro

just be aware that she will never be the perfect tank. You need to juggle your abilities quite a bit!

She's not even a reasonably decent tank, or a "not that sucky" tank.

Even tanking a group of 3, while wearing level 50 blue gear (mostly modded), her health goes down so fast i have to stop and heal between every fight.

She's fine on threat, but without heals (which snipers don't have), she is simply too fragile.

At the moment thinking of getting her some epics and trying her like that (saving up tionese crystals and commendations, already have myself decked with drops from pvp, hardmodes and operations), in the hopes that she might become worth using (at the moment i go with Doctor Lokin, except when farming low level flashpoints or boosting guildmates, when i bring out Temple for dps).

Topic says its self, im lvl 20 working y way thru balmora after the boos fight and his 2 jedis kaliyo has started sucking, she was fine before and no problems kill bosses or trash, now on the other hand if i face 2 normal and 1 silver she is dead.

is there something i am missing completely that would make her all of a sudden start to take insane amount of dmg?

If you are at level 20 as a marksman, you should have no problems. You have at use Legshot to stop one melee dude, Cover Pulse to send melee dudes back and Diversion (the 11 point skill, which is in my opinion essential for tougher PvE fights while soloing).

If you face two 2 normals and 1 silver, then:

1) Target one normal. Click ctrl-1 to make Kaliyo attack that target. Activate Laze Target, Snipe that target a fraction after Kaliyos shot went off. That mob should be dead now, if not then Kaliyo will take it down with next shot.

2) Target the silver mob, if it is a melee mob then Leg shot it, if a ranged mob then shoot it with Diversion.

3) Target second normal mob, Ambush it. If it is a melee mob and didn't die from the Ambush, it is now thrown back and you can Rifle shot it to death; if it is ranged mob just rifle shoot it to death.

4) Target the silver elite, and just burn it down (you should have pretty close to full energy still), if it comes close then Pulse Cover it away (or Debilitate and Shiv if it is close to dieing anyway).