The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

3 medals for 524k healing ~~ nice medal system BW

Jooji

That's the reward for playing objectively in huttball as a healer^^^

So while I keep the tanks up who get 100+ commendations per game I'm lucky to get 60-70...

When is this going to be fixed? The fact the medals hasn't been fixed yet is pathetic BW.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So while I keep the tanks up who get 100+ commendations per game I'm lucky to get 60-70...

When is this going to be fixed? The fact the medals hasn't been fixed yet is pathetic BW.

Im a 100% healer as well.. i understand your pain man! i really hope they change this!!

Give us healer few more medals ranks!

My feeling is this is working as intended. They want to punish the Healbot style. If you're doing 513k healing and getting 3 medals, you are not playing a Star Wars game. You are playing whack-a-mole with green bars and doing nothing else.

The thing is, this isn't WoW. Healers deal damage here. Hell, simply by using Death from Above on my Bounty Hunter whenever it's off cooldown, I can deal 75k damage in a warfront. I usually always get a killing blow or two as well, as there's almost always a right time and a wrong time to heal.

If you outnumber a guy 2 to 1, you probably shouldn't be standing there, healing the guy. You should be helping him kill the other guy, then after he's dead, you can top him off. You don't help him kill the enemy faster and suddenly, 2 reinforcements come. Now, the original guy gets healed and it's suddenly 2v3, when if you'd stopped looking at the green bars and spent some time looking at the red ones, you could have helped your friend score that critical kill to make it 2v2 when those new guys arrive.

Again, this isn't WoW. As a Healer, YOU DEAL DAMAGE. It's not as bursty or powerful as a dedicated DPS, but you're also not doing 4x less than him by any stretch. In fact, you're probably doing well more than half his damage.

Edited by McVade

Im a 100% healer as well.. i understand your pain man! i really hope they change this!!

Give us healer few more medals ranks!

While I agree that the medal system is flawed as it rewards mostly ganking 'in the mid' and that it hurts pure healers badly, I also don't think introducing more healer medals would solve the issue. DPS specs of healer hybrids are already getting both 75k damage AND 75k healing done (mostly on themselves anyway) and all the lower medals. If the healing medals disregarded healing done to self I would agree with more of them. That way they'd still be accessible to healing hybrids, but would force them to throw a heal or two on their friendly neighbor instead of just getting 2+ medals for healing themselves.

My feeling is this is working as intended. They want to punish the Healbot style. If you're doing 513k healing and getting 3 medals, you are not playing a Star Wars game. You are playing whack-a-mole with green bars and doing nothing else.

The thing is, this isn't WoW. Healers deal damage here. Hell, simply by using Death from Above on my Bounty Hunter whenever it's off cooldown, I can deal 75k damage in a warfront. I usually always get a killing blow or two as well, as there's almost always a right time and a wrong time to heal.

Considering the fact healers are SPECIALIZED to HEAL they shouldn't be dpsing if there's HEALING to be done. In the "competitive" matches there usually isn't enough time to dps, or people die. Sure in an easy steamroll I can sit there and dps all game but in that case I'll get jacked out of my 300k healing medal.

If you outnumber a guy 2 to 1, you probably shouldn't be standing there, healing the guy. You should be helping him kill the other guy, then after he's dead, you can top him off. You don't help him kill the enemy faster and suddenly, 2 reinforcements come. Now, the original guy gets healed and it's suddenly 2v3, when if you'd stopped looking at the green bars and spent some time looking at the red ones, you could have helped your friend score that critical kill to make it 2v2 when those new guys arrive.

Again, this isn't WoW. As a Healer, YOU DEAL DAMAGE. It's not as bursty or powerful as a dedicated DPS, but you're also not doing 4x less than him by any stretch. In fact, you're probably doing well more than half his damage.

I have 2-3x the tools to heal, likewise someone on a dps spec has 2-3x the dps tools. Why wouldn't I take advantage of those? Oh that's right, because then it takes me twice as long to farm valor! gg BW.

Edited by Ellvaan
Rude, uninviting

i call bs cause there are 4 just for healing

oh and look at that 4 for damage

Medic – 2.5k healing from a single heal

Demolisher – 2.5k damage from a single attack

Trauma Surgeon – 5k healing from a single heal

Anihilator - 5K damage from a single attack

Quick Draw – Getting a killing blow on one player

Combatant – Dealing 75k damage

Destroyer - Dealing 300K damage

Healer - Healing 75K

Savior - Healing 300K

Defender – Earning 1k Defender Points

Warden - Earning 3k Defender Points

Assassin – Killing a player in a one-on-one fight

Shield – 5k Protection

Protector - 50K Protection (thanks meatballz/adlarn)

Guardian – 2k Protection since last death

Paladin – 10k Protection since last death

Commando – Killing 10 enemy players

Healer - Healing 75K

Savior - Healing 300K

Shield – 5k Protection

Thanks for this list

Healer - Healing 75K

Savior - Healing 300K

Shield – 5k Protection

The 5k heal isn't automatic. And I'm not biochem so I don't get it with cheese-pacs.

at lvl 30 i can get off 3-4k heals.....so how badly do you suck?

You realize your stats get jacked up right? It has to be 5k effective heals as well. Combine that with the warzone healing debuff and that 5k heal doesn't always happen.

You realize your stats get jacked up right? It has to be 5k effective heals as well. Combine that with the warzone healing debuff and that 5k heal doesn't always happen.

so your saying blah blah blah 5k not posable? i have seen many many ppl get it from healing

so your saying blah blah blah 5k not posable? i have seen many many ppl get it from healing

I didn't say not possible, but apparently if I did 524k healing in a warzone it isn't always guaranteed. Ok so let's say I get that medal, now I'd have 4 medals for that game! Only 8 behind the tank not bad.

I didn't say not possible, but apparently if I did 524k healing in a warzone it isn't always guaranteed. Ok so let's say I get that medal, now I'd have 4 medals for that game! Only 8 behind the tank not bad.

LTPVP???

not like it's hard to tag a bunch of the other team for the 10/25 kills so there 2 more...the 75k damage is realy easy to get just trying to stay alive

so now with out the 5k healing we are at wat 5-6 medals

so only you have been screwing you not the game...but you

Healer - Healing 75K

Savior - Healing 300K

Shield – 5k Protection

If you're playing a dpser, I see more than 4 medals that you'll be earning. If you're playing a true healer like in other games, you won't get these medals.

And lets not forget the medal you get for killing 25 enemy players.

So that's 8 so far that dps can get that pure healers can't, unless they're doing something they're not specced to do. Not to mention the 5k healing medal is hard to get with a 30% heal debuff, but for a dps whose has no such dps debuffs, you can dish out a lot more damage than we can in heals - and this you can't dispute it's literally built into the game.

Edited by Leiloni

If you're playing a dpser, I see more than 4 medals that you'll be earning. If you're playing a true healer like in other games, you won't get these medals.

So that's 8 so far that dps can get that pure healers can't, unless they're doing something they're not specced to do.

so as a true healer when i get jumped i'm to do what let him kill me with out touching him at all?

wow no wonder ppl cry about being healers

So that's 8 so far that dps can get that pure healers can't, unless they're doing something they're not specced to do.

A "true healer" would get the credit for the kills, all you need to do is cc/dot an enemy, which any utility healer should be.

so as a true healer when i get jumped i'm to do what let him kill me with out touching him at all?

wow no wonder ppl cry about being healers

What? No you should attack him or what I've seen in other games is one of two things - he gives up because I can outlast him, or I simply run to my friends because in other games the healer's I played didn't have enough dps to take anyone down. It was the price we paid for having heals.

Edited by Leiloni

So that's 8 so far that dps can get that pure healers can't, unless they're doing something they're not specced to do. Not to mention the 5k healing medal is hard to get with a 30% heal debuff, but for a dps whose has no such dps debuffs, you can dish out a lot more damage than we can in heals - and this you can't dispute it's literally built into the game.

lol nice edit but still doesnt change anything

LTPVP???

not like it's hard to tag a bunch of the other team for the 10/25 kills so there 2 more...the 75k damage is realy easy to get just trying to stay alive

75k damage is impossible to get if there's constant healing...unless you're going to let people die. I get 30-50k damage regardless from throwing out dots but that's just while running back to ball carrier, etc.

What? No you should attack him or what I've seen in other games is one of two things - he gives up because I can outlast him, or I simply run to my friends because in other games the healer's I played didn't have enough dps to take anyone down. It was the price we paid for having heals.

so there ya go ya just got some dps on a target and if he dies by any one kill count.......so what you said earler is what? nul and void by your own words

LTPVP???

I think you're proving his point that the medal system is broken for healers by telling him as a healer he has to game the system in order to win as many as a dpser who is simply playing the game. :p

Edited by Leiloni

so there ya go ya just got some dps on a target and if he dies by any one kill count.......so what you said earler is what? nul and void by your own words

There's no reason for a healer to go 1v1 on anyone. Our greatest strength is healing objectively, aka finding the ball carrier and healing him or healing people supporting the ball carrier. I can EASILY 1v1 anyone but that isn't what warzones are about. If a dps jumps me when I'm alone I just stun/slow him and run away.

I think you're proving his point that the medal system is broken for healers by telling him as a healer he has to game the system in order to win as many as a dpser who is simply playing the game. :p

EXACTLY. That's my whole issue with this system. A dps or tank does what they'd normally do, or what their roles are intended to do that is. A healer is forced to ignore objectives to farm valor.