Dear Bioware: More quality of life features please?

Darth_Nemisis

A list of features I wish were in this game...

(1) Chairs or Stools you could either sit on, or a emote that allowed you to without looking goofy. The X button sit command does not "cut it".

(2) "Chat bubbles" So when I speak to someone close to me, it feels more personal and direct, instead of looking up in the upper left hand cornor where the chat bar is. Yes, being able to turn these off is a must because some people dislike them.

(3) "More emotes" Considering all the postures and expressions ect the NPCS have, it feels like we have access to 1/4th of those options, not even that really. I was dissapointed with the emote options in this game.Please fix the /bow emote Bioware, it loops over and over and looks...odd..

(4 )" My Ship" When I got my ship, like all of you I was excited, then I started to explore it, and figured out I cannot interact with anything other the the map,cockpit, the telecom, the cargo hold, and a npc when they offer to speak to me. I have a confrence room full of chairs I cannot sit in, a curved couch around a game table that I walk through the seating part and (yes you guessed it) cannot sit on. And the simple fact they would not even give us a work station on our ship. I was let down in a big way...

Thats all I got so far. If I missed anything feel free to post under me. I know some people can care less about these features, long as they have more Warzones, Raids, they are happy. I myself am a Roleplayer, and when the raid kiddies get their fix, get bored and leave, I,ll still be here. Please Bioware, don't just make the hardcore kids happy, take care of your RP community too thanks!

Edited by Darth_Nemisis

In my opinion, the ship and all the loading screens required to use are on of the biggest examples of half-assery in gaming.

I'd rather use my emergency fleet pass or fleet shuttles than use my own ship.

Edited by Thamelas

Don't forget the dang UI. The UI, chat above your head and a bit more role playing things would just make the game so much more fun and entertaining.

I'd be eager to wait for bigger updates had they just fixed the UI and chat so you can see it above characters.

Don't forget the dang UI. The UI, chat above your head and a bit more role playing things would just make the game so much more fun and entertaining.

I'd be eager to wait for bigger updates had they just fixed the UI and chat so you can see it above characters.

Yeah, those are chat bubbles my friend, and I agree with you.

1) I wouldn't argue against this... but it's also extremely low priority. You can sit on most of the chairs of your ship, so if the 'X' button doesn't do it for you, you can role-play in your ship. Certainly would be nice to have, but they have MUCH bigger things to work on right now.

2) I say hell no to Chat bubbles. They clutter up the screen and make the game look REAL ugly, not to mention annoying. If they added it with the option to turn them off completely (as in you would never have to see them, ever), then I wouldn't oppose it. Again, low priority though.

3) I'm guessing you haven't explored them. There's a lot of emotes. What are you looking for that doesn't exist? Just saying, "we need more emotes" doesn't help at all. You need to be more specific.

4) I'm not sure what your beef is here... you don't like that there are a few chairs you can't sit in and that you don't have a workbench? There are chairs to sit in on your ship, and there is a workbench... though it's only for your Crew members while crafting. Because you can ctrl + right click moddable items to change them, workbenches are redundant and unnecessary.

What kind of changes would you like to see to your ship?

None of that is quality-of-life. It's all fluff.

Quality-of-life would be, for example, being able to use our ships without having to pass through four loading screens and long empty useless hallways. Or a user interface which is at the very least resizable, but preferably scalable, modular, expandable, and freely repositioned around the screen.

None of that is quality-of-life. It's all fluff.

Quality-of-life would be, for example, being able to use our ships without having to pass through four loading screens and long empty useless hallways. Or a user interface which is at the very least resizable, but preferably scalable, modular, expandable, and freely repositioned around the screen.

Yeah, I agree with you, and I fixed the name of the post to reflect that.

I agree with your requests as something I'd like to eventually see, but not right away. The ship was rather a let down when I realized it takes forever to enter and leave any planet. Not being able to do anything more with your ship than fly to the next planet, chat with crew members when you have enough points with them, or to do the Star Fox space missions wasn't nearly all I would have thought would be possible. I'd like to see more of a reason to be on the ship outside quest requirements and taxiing to the next locale. Having a true space game would be awesome where you and your crew can react to live situations.

I haven't ever been able to use the intercom once yet for instance. It would be cool to use in an emergency to make your crew man battle stations or something. I'd like to be able to interact with my crew members more than just a quest every few loyalty levels. Having them just standing there in their rooms is odd.