Champ Bags.

HeyImTempzz

my bags, all i get is stupid centurion commendations, and thats after i save 800 warzone commendation and trade 600 for 200 MErcs.. which yield me a bag worth crap..at valor 20 now and still in reg gear.. i think im doing this the wrong way

Ivealways thought that games with random rolls like this should have something in the background that tracks your attempts and after hitting the failure cap, it just gives you wtv. Some people just are not lucky and they can get stuck in a never ending cycle. Like with the crafting disasemble procs, those can get out of hand.

Basically have a max failure and random chance to get it earlier.

Like say the champ token is supposed to be 10% chance. After the 9th failure. The next one should drop a token.

Inc flames from lucky people :)

(its ok, im one of em)

Edited by Kimasoko

I think they should've never implemented Centurion gear.

They should've raised the Champ token costs and had the Champ bags drop Champ tokens.

So you could get lucky and get a "free" piece from time to time, but you were ALWAYS moving towards the Champ set.

Now, I'll likely not have many Champ pieces before I start opening my Battlemaster bags.

Similarly Battlemaster bags should have Battlemaster tokens in them.

Oh well. This way it's just a longer grind...we'll all get there eventually.

valor rank 58 atm

still missing:

both implants

ear

hands

weapon!!

offhand

plenty of centurion tokens; i've never favored RNG for gearup

i remember warhammer pve specifically where the raw number of classes almost ensured that a boss drop would be something noone wanted

No fear, captain obvious is here.

Let me remind you all that at rank 60 valor, the battlemaster bags will NOT contain random gear pieces. As of patch 1.1 they will instead contain battlemaster commendations.

To everyone thinking that they deserve full champion 2-3 weeks after the release : You should know that in most mmorpgs, the best gear takes months, and it should.

The lucky 5-10% chance to get a piece was A BONUS. And NOTHING ELSE.

The fact that everyone thinks this is the main rollercoaster just makes me giggle. It is all about the tokens, and the tokens only.

For you people to get the best pvp gear - Battlemaster - you will have to open the same amount of battlemaster bags as everyone.

EQUALITY FOR THE WIN !

valor rank 58 atm

still missing:

ear

I'd be happy to give you one of my 7 unused earpieces, the 7 in my bag that is. Aside from the 3 pieces I used for my char and 2 companions.

BW please fix duplicates, I'd rather not get a token then a duplicate and no centurion tokens which are actually useful to some extend.

To everyone thinking that they deserve full champion 2-3 weeks after the release : You should know that in most mmorpgs, the best gear takes months, and it should.

I like that people think this argument makes sense. Due to this poor random system, people aren't getting geared in 2-3 weeks. If they are lucky they are getting geared in 2-3 days from dailies, weeklies, etc. Using that argument actually supports the removal of this RNG system.

In fact, I'd prefer to only ever receive centurion commendations from the bag until a certain valor rank. At this next level of valor getting only champion commendations. Finally getting battlemaster commendations at the highest level of valor. Alas, we are forced to sacrifice centurion commendations for repeats of items that we don't need. Also without the ability to trade these in for the two centurion commendations we didn't get for receiving the useless item.

Let me remind you all that at rank 60 valor, the battlemaster bags will NOT contain random gear pieces. As of patch 1.1 they will instead contain battlemaster commendations.

The fact that everyone thinks this is the main rollercoaster just makes me giggle. It is all about the tokens, and the tokens only.

For you people to get the best pvp gear - Battlemaster - you will have to open the same amount of battlemaster bags as everyone.

EQUALITY FOR THE WIN !

Equality for the win when there's rank 20's in full sets and rank 40's with only a few pieces? That's not equality. Stop asking for easy mode hand outs. Bioware needs to make it tough for everyone. I don't care if a single piece of gear costs 10,000 warzone commendations. As long as it isn't random crap. We're not asking "To get geared fast." in fact, contrary to your opinion, we want it equal for everyone. An equal grind for everyone is fine. I'm sick of seeing people who put in far less time than me better equipped than I am.

Edited by Rhyltran

EQUALITY FOR THE WIN !

except everyone who is already rank 60 has basically 2-8 pieces of BM gear, and avoid the commendation grind. what you state is true, problem is commendations will take much longer to obtain the full set of gear. its part of the reason for the change from what i can tell.