The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PvP Theorycrafting- Because I don't like Cookie Cutting.

AnAcuteAngle

I've been made a believer in the CP build. It actually feels very orderly in rotation compared to every other build I've tried. Yes you have to play smart and manage heat but staying calm with the build actually leads to controlling the fight more rather than frantically spamming everything you can for a hope of survival.

The only thing I miss from my AP build is the shortened quell CD and on occasion hydraulic override.

I've been made a believer in the CP build. It actually feels very orderly in rotation compared to every other build I've tried. Yes you have to play smart and manage heat but staying calm with the build actually leads to controlling the fight more rather than frantically spamming everything you can for a hope of survival.

The only thing I miss from my AP build is the shortened quell CD and on occasion hydraulic override.

If you get used to taking advantage of longer ranged Flame Bursts between Rocket Punches you will be just a couple steps away from interrupting with Jet Charge or Grapple (when it works).

Personally, I absolutely hate guard. I feel like it limits me, yet you need to utilize it in order for IGC to be optimal.

Guard is great. You don't have to use it all the time but you can save people. You see two people fighting and your teammate is low? Throw guard on him and taunt the enemy. The enemy is now dealing 80% less damage. Odds of him switching off his low HP target is pretty slim because he wants the kill. It's great bait.

Even if that's the only time you use it, it's pretty satisfying.

This is because shields aren't incredibly useul in PvP, as recent studies have shown. The points toward Retractable Blade and Flame Burst are mainly to hit the 10 pt. benchmark for RB.

Yes, I could agree that heat could potentially be an issue with this build.

At valor 62, I can safely say that shields work just fine in PvP; regardless of what kind of elitist jerks style math people are doing, I can guarantee you it works fine.

I don't understand the choice of retractable blade at all, it does little to no damage and the dot is not impressive nor needed for rail shots.

I'm assuming you are looking for some sort of "tanky-dps" here; I would recommend getting more damage from rocket punch in the pyro tree and getting both t1 rail shot talents. Using combat-tech set 4-piece with the rest of your gear as tank gear you still remain incredibly resilient and can put out some impressive burst damage. It's really the only good balance of offense and defense I have been able to find so far without either going full pyro or full tank.

Just remember, your opener is basically using rapid shots until he's at around 80% then you start doing things like unload, dart, flamethrower, and flame burst. Rocket punch + railshot and spamming flame blast is your finisher.

Hope this helps.

Edited by dedaF