The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Any gamers old enough to remember wanting to buy Commodore 64

Chiricahua

TI-994a was my 1st. I then got an Amiga 500 from a pawn shop. Both awesome computers for the time. Now my watch has more processing power than both of them combined. Ahhh.. those were the days. Typing code for hours from a TI99-4a magazine, saving it onto a cassette tape, just to play the game. And playing "Willy Beamish" on the Amiga was a blast! It came on 12 floppies, and you had to keep loading the next screen from one floppy to the other (no hard drive). :D

I remember my hubby thinking that the Vic20 and the Com64 were "IT" back then. He got such a kick outta coding basic Frogger and Asteroid games and running them off of a tape drive.

ooh! :) I couldn't get interested in gaming back then. Was too busy running scripts off of IBM XT/ATs for small business apps and drooling over the graphics capabilities of the Macintosh at work, back then.

I gotta admit that the Vics and Coms were cute. :) I didn't really get into computer gaming until 1993 when X-wing came out for the 386/486 Win95 platform.

Hey there!

While we definitely love seeing how many long-term gamers we have in our community, we're going to go ahead and close this thread as it is off-topic to this forum. Please keep all threads and topics in General Discussion directly related to Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

Thanks!