Worst head start idea ever?

PhoenixAscendere

Wrong.

Make no mistake, TODAY is launch day, not the 20th. Terms like "Early Game Access" are just marketing and public relations tools. We all preordered, and we're all missing the game launch.

Add to that, they refuse to give us any meaningful information about the waves etc, so at least we could guesstimate for ourselves. They're just doing it to cover their asses.

I've been at countless MMO launches, and I would rather play from day 1, with lag, servers going down etc, than to not play AT ALL.

Bending semantics to suit your argument does not mean that you are correct.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This has to be the worst idea ever....letting people in waves join the game? Didn't we do server stress testing in the beta about 3 weeks ago? I'm still amazed at how this is being handled

When you release your MMO, you can dictate the launch however you see fit. They're doing this exactly as communicated and they are ahead of schedule. (for wave 2 anyway) Just relax and quit whining. :D

Please, would you stop complaining, this is just a perk to get into the game early. The release date is still the 20th, if we all decided to buy the game on release, everyone could get in. This is just a bonus for us, and a way for BioWare to handle the server load a little bit more smoothly, everybody wins.

This has to be the worst idea ever....letting people in waves join the game? Didn't we do server stress testing in the beta about 3 weeks ago? I'm still amazed at how this is being handled

I'm pretty sure you would LOVE to have 100 players fighting over a SINGLE mob/quest item in starting area all that while having 3 FPS due to traffic.

Because you don't understand something they do does not mean its wrong.

This will become standard for major MMO releases eventually.

One of the best ideas for launch of a major game.

If they let everyone in at the same time you would see thousands of posts crying about queues, lag and full servers.

I have to agree. I used to think Funcom 'took the cake' for worst launch ever, but clearly BW has now surpassed them.

It's absolutely terrible. At the very least they should've let you know when you're getting in so you don't feel like an ******e for sitting and waiting for something that might not even be coming.

Suck it up... before you know you will be playing the game and will not even care that someone else got an hour head start on you.

The sheer amount of whining I'm seeing is showing that a portion of the community is already showing their true colors before the game launches ... there's one good thing to derive from all this, though.

What servers are you qq'ers playing on? Please share, so we can all steer clear.

To the OP.

Next time you want to join a MMO on launch day, make sure that you order the game as soon as it becomes available.

The moment I got the email to say I can preorder the game, I didn;t waste any time and went ahead and preordered from Amazon.com. As soon as they sent me the early access key I entered it on the website.

So if its anyone fault, its your own.

personally I think its a great idea what Bioware did with the staggered launch.