Brackets and Blue 50 PvP gear

Spor

To Bioware (although you are not going to read it):

If are still planning to break the 50's into their own bracket, I am going to recommend that you make the blue 50 PvP gear available once more. My reasoning for this recommendation is pretty sound.

The reason 50's are currently causing an issue in the current system in PvP is primarily, although not solely, the availability of gear with expertise. With the bracketing of 50's, this is partially solved. The lower levels will no longer have to play against groups of 50's with 400+ expertise, however in eliminating the Blue 50 PvP sets, you are setting up those who will reach 50 in the future up for a frustrating experience.

Even if someone saves up 1 champion bag and 1000 merc/warzones for 5 more, they are not guaranteed to have any expertise gear upon reaching 50. The gear gap will once again apply and you will have people complaining all over again. The level 50 blue PVP gear set up an entry level set that can be earned leveling up and serve as a buffer for those just reaching 50 while they work towards their champion and battlemaster sets.

I am sure this will fall on deaf ears, but it is worth a shot.

Spor

TLDR:

Bring back the level 50 blues when the brackets are implemented to avoid gear gap QQ's from newly 50's being slaughtered wholesale.

I am a 50 and I agree that the blue gear was great when I first started out. A 50 with no expertise isn't going to be any different than a 30 or 40 without expertise, give or take a few skills. People in full battlemaster/champion are going to roll new 50's just like we do everyone below that. They deserve the starter blues.

Gear is already very easy to get, blue gear is not needed would be a waste of commendations.

Brackets are already being implemented.

/thread.

Going to agree with this. What rating would the blue gear be? 124? It wouldn't be worth the commendations even if I get nothing from those champion bags except commendations. Unless they added them for credits instead of commendations, whole different story.

Gear is already very easy to get, blue gear is not needed would be a waste of commendations.

/thread.

It is not a waste. I managed to get all of the 50 gear (and all of the 40 gear for myself and my companions), still have oodles of pots, 1000 warzones and 1000 merc tokens saved up and the 1 champion bag you can get before 50. It is better than simply having people max out on tokens and waste them from then on. I am simply trying to help avoid the QQ that is inevitably coming from the newer 50s once the brackets are implemented.

Going to agree with this. What rating would the blue gear be? 124? It wouldn't be worth the commendations even if I get nothing from those champion bags except commendations. Unless they added them for credits instead of commendations, whole different story.

It actually comes out to about 200 with the earpiece and both implants. When I hit 50 it made a noticeable difference. I am not saying waste commendations that would be used for champion bags, if you were scratching to get your 1 bag and max commendations when you hit 50 then I did something weird. I was buying stuff just to keep from wasting them as it was and I had the full 50 blue set.

Edited by Spor

I just seen the joke that is Illum. They need to just make all the gear over. They have completely ruined the game when people now getting to 50 get the shaft while the power levelers are in battlemaster gear. What a joke.

Giving us lvl 50 blue pvp gear won't do much good unless you make it as good as say centurion gear so people can somewhat compete.

/thread.

Please, let me waste MY commendations how I want...I've been 1000/1000 commendations for 25 levels now...How is that not a waste with nothing else to buy?

I think Bioware should just take the Expertise out of the game and use the normal stats. Then no one has an advantage with a gear with special PvP stats only. Just my 2 cents.

Unfortunately, this would create one of two problems.

If the gear remains the same except for expertise, then it relatively the same power, but easier to get, than raid gear. However, the expertise stat makes them inferior for raiding.

On the other side..people that PVP would want their efforts to be rewarded with better gear. Better PVP gear with higher resistances on it is desirable. Hence, the expertise stat.

It is not just as easy as removing the expertise stat.

/thread.

Spoken like someone who doesn't want to give away his expertise advantage in warzones.

The whole point of the expertise blue gear was for fresh 50's to have some expertise in order to level the playing field slightly against those with cent/champ/bm gear. I just hit 50 today and I got the Champ lightsaber, relic and implant from my 6 bags. If I didn't have the blue gear to supplement those 3 items I would have very little expertise.

/thread

I just wish they'd make it so that champ bags weren't unique. If I'm PvPing before 50, at least let me invest in my future. Give me something worthwhile to spend my commendations on. At the moment, I've only been buying stims and those gearboxes with gear I just vendor so that I'm at least doing SOMETHING with these commendations.

please give us the lvl 50 blue pvp vendor back.

since we can't spend tokens on anything but that, past 1000/1000+1bag

lvl 50 bracket without any expertise is going to be everything but fun for newer lvl 50, let people prepare for this

Edited by Slaad

I might even resub if they brought back the 50 blue gear. I got 50 the day after the patch that removed it. I had been saving all my commendatiosn to get the gear, and was going to buy it before hand but figured I could wait and save the bag/locker room. THen I go back and try and get it soon as I hit 50 and not there. This really made me think they were saying we already got our gear and want the advantage in PvP over ecveryone else so we removed it and di not tell anyone.

If they bring back the blue gear and fix the imbalanc with emp versus reps animation issues, I can see this game becoming a really good PvP centric game.

I think Bioware should just take the Expertise out of the game and use the normal stats. Then no one has an advantage with a gear with special PvP stats only. Just my 2 cents.

/facepalm

In other news: I'm glad I have my blues still :3

• 2 weeks later...
I might even resub if they brought back the 50 blue gear. I got 50 the day after the patch that removed it. I had been saving all my commendatiosn to get the gear, and was going to buy it before hand but figured I could wait and save the bag/locker room. THen I go back and try and get it soon as I hit 50 and not there. This really made me think they were saying we already got our gear and want the advantage in PvP over ecveryone else so we removed it and di not tell anyone.

If they bring back the blue gear and fix the imbalanc with emp versus reps animation issues, I can see this game becoming a really good PvP centric game.

Then you would have only been able to buy 2 items max since most items were around 550 comms. I personally had the entire set in my locker for when I hit 50 and also had 1000/1000 and champ bag as well.