Automatic Loot assignmet in Operations

So I've finally had my chance now to go and clear normal mode Eternity Vault and Karagga's Palace, and we noticed something, there would be multiple items which we could roll upon, recipes, and Biometric Crystal Alloys etc. but then there would be 4 or so items that would be automatically assigned to different players, these items would be at random, but seemingly something that you could at least equip.

As a tank I got a DPS helm, twice. I had the same helm equipped at the time, but with different mods and enhancement, there was also a Weapon that dropped for me - again a DPS one, and again, the one I already had but with different mods etc. Now, all three of these went to the trash for me, however there were others in the raid that these would have been useful for.

My girlfriend got one item out of the entire instance, a Relic, but it was a normal version relic, while she already has two Columi relics from PvPing. Again, this would have been better for someone else.

So my main questions here are two things:

1. What happened to the Loot bags you were supposed to get where everyone got something? Because only half our raid would get something per boss, and it would be at random, some people got loot from every boss while others only got one or two pieces at most.

2. How the **** do you turn this ******** off? It's stupid that as a Tank I am being assigned items that I have absolutely no use for that would benefit someone else in my group far more. It's just stupid, and quite frankly, this is one major thing that doesn't sit right with me - I can look past most of the rest since they are issues that can easily be fixed, but this right here is directly wasting all of our time as not only do we have to fight RNG to actually get the item to drop, we have to fight RNG to see if we were lucky for the game to allow us to actually have that item.

We tried master loot and group loot, and in both cases, the loot is automatically assigned. Please give us a way to assign loot cause this is silly.

/agree.

We had 2 sith warriors last night, me as a jugg tank and a maurader. The one piece of loot that dropped that either of us could use was a DPS belt, and it was assigned to me.

We had 2 mercenaries, one dps one healing, and they both got tanking pieces. We didn't have a powertech with us, so it would have been dead loot anyway, but the fact that if we did have one, he wouldn't have gotten it is pretty silly.

Assigned loot makes some sense if everyone gets something (I don't think everyone should get a piece of loot from a normal mode kill though, 4 is probably to many). If only half the raid is going to be able to get loot per boss, let us assign it.

And to the above person, I haven't tried hard mode yet, just normal. Normal felt like WoW LFR difficulty. Is 'hard' equivalent to WoW normal mode? If so, I'll sorta agree with you on principle, but otherwise I read "normal" to be the level for average people.

Edited by Helagoth

it is random because normal mode is intended for pugs. Hard and nightmare loot functions normally.

So just to confirm 100%, in Hardmode and Nightmare mode Operations, you can assign loot freely, without any loot being automatically assigned to a player? Well thank ****. As we finally have enough people to start raiding, we'll be starting there soon finally.

And to the above person, I haven't tried hard mode yet, just normal. Normal felt like WoW LFR difficulty. Is 'hard' equivalent to WoW normal mode? If so, I'll sorta agree with you on principle, but otherwise I read "normal" to be the level for average people.

I quit in October, so I don't know how LFR is from experience, but from my understanding of friends that are still playing, and having seen how faceroll Normal mode is here, I would assume so. You really can just run in and have terrible players and very easily kill normal mode bosses. We lost the healer on one of the pylons on the puzzle boss thing very early on, and we managed still to do it, having no real idea before hand of what to do, it truely is very easy, although soa required a slight amount of co-ordination to make sure DPS would switch onto him when his bubble dropped in P3, but it's really not challenging at all.

Normal mode is easier than a Hardmode flashpoint by quite a way even, and to be honest, probably quicker too.

/agree.

We had 2 sith warriors last night, me as a jugg tank and a maurader. The one piece of loot that dropped that either of us could use was a DPS belt, and it was assigned to me.

We had 2 mercenaries, one dps one healing, and they both got tanking pieces. We didn't have a powertech with us, so it would have been dead loot anyway, but the fact that if we did have one, he wouldn't have gotten it is pretty silly.

Assigned loot makes some sense if everyone gets something (I don't think everyone should get a piece of loot from a normal mode kill though, 4 is probably to many). If only half the raid is going to be able to get loot per boss, let us assign it.

I pugged hard mode EV and went 4/5. It felt significantly easier than normal mode raiding in WoW. Examples of easiness: it is possible to heal through the annilator droid's missile barrage, we hit enrage on gharj and i managed to tank him for ~2 mins while group finished him (lost 2 melee early), and pylon boss plus council fight are both big jokes. Soa is the only boss in that instance that i would consider challenging.

• 3 weeks later...

at this time my guild is starting to raid since we are cauals and we are trying to equip some ppl to begin with hardmodes in order to avoid enrages and for things run smooth. Now the point is me being RL and already having all the loot i wanted and i still keep winning lots of gear that others in raid still need. Yesterday i won 4 items all raid 2 from healing and 2 columi tokens when my healer didnt get anything.

Im felling so frustrated that i already told to my GM that i can organise the raids but i wont come anymore in normal modes since i dont want to "steal" loot from others because this system is just stupid. they should put an option in loot system for guilds.

And the worst part is that i have already companions with more gear than players that go into operations due to this system.

Edited by Galanial

it is random because normal mode is intended for pugs. Hard and nightmare loot functions normally.

lol u serious?? haha

the new NM bosses are not droping ratakka, chests bug out so u cant loot, ML cant give items to people and they just get given to random people....and this was this week.

but yea loot is functioning properly in hard/nightmare lol

/Agree

We have a running joke in our guild every clear of EV/KP grants my Tank DPS gear and my counterpart who is DPS the Tank version of it… at this point we both have full sets of both gear with one being completely useless

Loot system needs to be changed for groups I can see why the system is in place but we still need the option for guild purposes to allocate gear to the proper people to better our team as a whole.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.