Backblast Bug - Effect Condition Failed

BrystShevr

I saw a post on this yesterday, but it seems like it's not here today.

Basically when I am standing behind an enemy, sometimes back blast will not fire off. I get the scrolling red text saying: "Effect Condition Failed"

I've died a few times when I needed to fire off backblast and it wouldn't :/

Anyway, I sent in a bug report and BW says that they need a screenshot. I took one last night, but that's at home, and I'm at work.

Has anyone else had this same issue?

I saw a post on this yesterday, but it seems like it's not here today.

Basically when I am standing behind an enemy, sometimes back blast will not fire off. I get the scrolling red text saying: "Effect Condition Failed"

I've died a few times when I needed to fire off backblast and it wouldn't :/

Anyway, I sent in a bug report and BW says that they need a screenshot. I took one last night, but that's at home, and I'm at work.

Has anyone else had this same issue?

Happened to me yesterday on Soa boos fight :-(

I've noticed it happens a lot against players or when the tank has been moving around an enemy. My guess is it has something to do with the difference between what your client is showing and the direction the server thinks they're facing (generally if I run around front I can use in cases where the enemy stops moving).

This along with the ability cancel/delay issue seem to be a problem of the server being out of sync. I hope this stuff gets fixed soon.

Although I want to get it fixed as well, try to get into the habit of circle strafing around someone immediately after you hit Back Blast - keep spamming the button until you see the animation, too. It's only a bandaid fix, but with practice, reduces the delay of sitting there going "Durr, why u no backblast scoundrel". Edited by Lascero

This is caused by the complete unresponsivness of the game itself and general lag (connection not hardware lag).

There were countless threads made already since day 1 about this. Every class and every player have this problem. I'm hitting my keys 10 times sometimes before a skill (not just back blast) will fire off.

This is the general game problem not just a problem with this particular skill.

With backblast it gets even more complicated when there is a lag present. Your screen will tell you you are behind the target but the game still thinks you are in fron of your target...

I get this problem with backblast in PVP so often that i basically got used to it...

Poor game design is poor no matter how you will look at it.

Edited by Endel

This is caused by the complete unresponsivness of the game itself and general lag (connection not hardware lag).

There were countless threads made already since day 1 about this. Every class and every player have this problem. I'm hitting my keys 10 times sometimes before a skill (not just back blast) will fire off.

This is the general game problem not just a problem with this particular skill.

With backblast it gets even more complicated when there is a lag present. Your screen will tell you you are behind the target but the game still thinks you are in fron of your target...

I get this problem with backblast in PVP so often that i basically got used to it...

Poor game design is poor no matter how you will look at it.

That's interesting because I'm not having any lag issues....at all! In fact I've been pretty impressed with the lack of lag. Also, backblast is the ONLY ability that isn't work right...for me anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
Noticed after patch two changes to my scoundrel. She runs like she has to goto the bathroom everywhere. It is an animation i noticed originally only when slowed. It is now persistent. My back blast does not respond when i click or use keyboard while in PVP. This effect happens even while chasing imperial scum. I have only noticed this problem only with back blast, not dirty kick or blaster whip

This happens to me all the time. Sometimes, I can get it to work by moving to the side of the enemy.

Now that I know they're unaware of it, I'm also going to forward my own screenshots to support.

I'm pretty sure it's a problem in client/server communication. It generally happens after they are knocked down, leap, or are pulled. On the server side, the game thinks he's faced a certain way, but your client doesn't get the right information and shows him facing the wrong way. Important bits of data are being lost somewhere, or their client prediction algorithm is overwriting the server data.

I think something similar happens when an enemy dies but you can't loot him because it says you're too far away when you're standing right next to them. Happens less often, but I've lost out on a blue drop because of that bug.

Standing directly behind the mob usually gives me this bug.

If you are approaching the mob from an angle, you can use the skill without a hitch as soon as it lits up.

If you see the red text, just strafe towards the side of the mob, and use it again for great effect. :)

It could be fired as far as a 90 degrees angle, in pvp cases even more.

Well positional requirement in a game that neglects facing for casters, but enforces it on melees, is just dumb.

Edited by Tyrpak