Raidng/instances threat

Osicat

Hi

Have hit 50 for not to long ago but with hard work succesed to scrap together an semi decent gear on my Powertec pyro 4-6-31. Have just started doing hardmodes and raids and notice after 4,5 years of rading as server top in wow on my rogue how "interesting" it is to dps without a threat managment addon. No idea how close I am to get aggro. Well this would not be suthc a problem if I had some kind of threat drop tool aka vanish etc.

My questions is to the community.

You notice problem with contantly pull aggro of tanks?

How do you manage without a threat drop ability?

Here's my issue, People keep posting about how X class does the most damage and how Y class does terrible damage.

I pull aggro a lot, far more than most of the people I've ran with, do we just have a higher threat modifier on our abilities or are we just doing that high of damage.

I've been told powertechs do poor damage but as 8/5/28 spec I seem to pull off tanks very easily as the fight goes on, even after giving them several seconds to establish aggro at the start of the fight.

Any verdict on how we stack up damage wise?

Here's my issue, People keep posting about how X class does the most damage and how Y class does terrible damage.

I pull aggro a lot, far more than most of the people I've ran with, do we just have a higher threat modifier on our abilities or are we just doing that high of damage.

I've been told powertechs do poor damage but as 8/5/28 spec I seem to pull off tanks very easily as the fight goes on, even after giving them several seconds to establish aggro at the start of the fight.

Any verdict on how we stack up damage wise?

Powertechs doing poor damage is ********. It is rumor and hearsay because we're a "Tank class," and therefore obviously Mercs should do more. Nevermind that we have exactly as many trees devoted to DPS as all but 2 of the other classes.

I have no idea if we have a built in threat modifier. If we do, that's stupid, but there isn't anything I can check in our abilities or from anything I've checked. I know we don't get any threat dropping tools like other classes do.

Point is that we do a lot of damage. A lot a lot. Almost all of it is completely unmitigated by Defense, Armor, and Shields as well.

Pyro especially does a metric crap ton of damage with even a little bit of good luck. The sheer amount of Rail Shot damage is enough to break the taunt key of even the most dedicated of tanks.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.