Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Your companion is back...STOP EVERYTHING!

Geeluc

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/signed

I hate it when it closes my GTM window, thats one of the most annoying things in the game currently for me.

And while you're at it, fix it that the companions actually say the correct thing upon return, I do not want to hear how successful they were when they return with nothing, or vice versa.

Edited by System_TOR

Can we please, not have a pop up window when a companion returns, which closes all the windows you have on screen, while browsing the AH, or shopping with a vendor, or reading through your skill sheet!!!!

If a companion returns from a mission, just let us know, like when you're in a conversation and THEN, pop up when your finished!!!!

It's more than a little annoying!

I totally agree!

Definitely one of the most irritating 'features' in the game and there's no reason it needs to be this way. Simply send the notification to pending if other UI windows are open. Additionally, because it can interupt during normal gameplay too, provide an option in Preferences for this behaviour to be toggled on/off.

Agreed!

Heck after another GTN or mail shut down I would gladly pay a steep price for a special mission to send them to "clean the airlock" or "airlock maintenance" Hey, accidents happen.

Now the result of a mission like that I will gladly be interrupted for....

Yeah, they'd probably fail it anyway.

It seems as though there has been a slight change - if you only have one window open, it won't close it on comp return anymore. Pretty sure it used to close even if you only had one window. Am I wrong? Anyway, I'm finding it more of a hassle to deal with in combat returns now. When I scan the GTN, I make sure I only have that window open.

I'd prefer if this game used a notification system similar to what you see on Android/iOS/most modern websites (Twitter, Facebook, Google+).

What you will have is a list of all of your notifications and you can click through them, removing them only when you wish. We have it for friend logins/logouts on the left side of the screen; we just need it for quest/mission rewards, too.

That PENDING in the right corner is very user-unfriendly when people's eyes are more naturally attracted to seeing big notifications pop up on the left side as that is where the chat window is. Please incorporate misson/quest rewards into that friend login/logout notification system on the left side.

/bumpage since there's still no news on this.

Although I'm fairly new to the game.... not hearing anything about an issue that a lot of people want fixed doesn't surprise me... Hit my first 50 and found a bugged quest on Ilum that couldn't be completed..... looked it up..... and it has been an issue for 6 months according to the dates of the posts about it.... 6 months is a long time for a legitimate (and major) bug not to be fixed... Hope that isn't saying something for the future of the game...because I really like it.

bumped

That stupid popup annoys me everyday. Obviously whoever made the system never tried to fight while a companion was on a mission or it would be obviously having a popup that covers part of the screen forcing you to click it would be a bad idea.

It would be nice for BW to fix this small problem but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Yes, I agree with this thread.

It's kinda like if you were a manager of a company, and every time any of your workers finished a job they walked up to you and shoved a clipboard in your face detailing what they did for you. It's like, "Um, OK, thanks... now go away."

A message in the chat log and maybe a sound effect would be sufficient for me.

Add me to the list.

Yes, I agree with this thread.

It's kinda like if you were a manager of a company, and every time any of your workers finished a job they walked up to you and shoved a clipboard in your face detailing what they did for you. It's like, "Um, OK, thanks... now go away."

I actually have an employee that does this. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.