BioWare has a Lose/Lose situation going here.

Fardreamer

If they stagger EA like they said they would for the past 5 months, people rage.

If they had let everyone in at once after months of saying they would let people who ordered first into the game first, people would rage.

People rage...no matter what the situation is. Gotta have tough skin to be a MMO developer.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If they stagger EA like they said they would for the past 5 months, people rage.

If they had let everyone in at once after months of saying they would let people who ordered first into the game first, people would rage.

People rage...no matter what the situation is. Gotta have tough skin to be a MMO developer.

They would also rage when all the servers go down and lag etc because of a few million ppl trying to all log in at once.

Not to mention when there are long queues and the servers go down because of the stress of X million logging on at the same time people will complain it's not stable enough for release.

Not in the slightlest. Rift launched in a day with 750K preorders.

Stop making things up.

TOR has over 2 million pre-orders. Your argument is invalid.

Also, Rift is a dying game. Why would BW do anything they tried?

Edited by Fardreamer

Not to mention when there are long queues and the servers go down because of the stress of X million logging on at the same time people will complain it's not stable enough for release.

Gee, you mean like on 12/20 after they bring the servers back up for retail? Hmm... wonder how they will handle it? Only 6 more days to figure it out...

No OP, you're wrong.

Servers will still go down and lag once the 20th comes around, so instead of only having 1 rage-wave, now they get sustained rage from multiple waves + final overwhelming rage from everyone on launch date.

So no, it's only a lose situation as it is right now.

Exactly. No matter what they do, they'll face this crap.

They however are doing the smart thing and sticking by their original plan, which seems to be keeping things stable.

Queues are NOT fine.

Also this. Queues are annoying as heck. Smooth to me implies no lag, no queues, no crashes. In the last 24hrs of TOR gaming I have had none of the 3 so far.

P.S. I pre-ordered literally 5 minutes into the 21st july opening so am not lucky just 'quick to pre-order'.

Exactly. No matter what they do, they'll face this crap.

They however are doing the smart thing and sticking by their original plan, which seems to be keeping things stable.

Wrong.

No OP, you're wrong.

Servers will still go down and lag once the 20th comes around, so instead of only having 1 rage-wave, now they get sustained rage from multiple waves + final overwhelming rage from everyone on launch date.

No OP, you're wrong.

I don't think you read my post >.>

If you think you need to be worried, you probably do. Servers in the US and EU were mysteriously crashing yesterday with relatively no one on. I only knew this because status updates appeared on the launcher throughout the day, but I don't recall this ever being mentioned in public channels. Edited by Nanotech

Queues at least give you a countdown to access time, this just leaves you guessing which is what bothers everyone. There is nothing worst than the unknown. They could at least give an estimate as to what date people could access based on when they preordered.

Oh but i did. What do you think is best?

1 major rage when letting everyone in? or

sustained rage with EGAs and another major rage on launch date?

I think there would be 2 rages regardless. Unless you're saying they should have just pulled the actual release date back to the 13th.

Exactly. The world is full of moaners. Damned if they do, damned if they don't.