offhand weapon damage not scaling?

SunwindIon

http://imgur.com/AXHrQ

why does it do so much less damage? it does even less than the weapons actual base damage, what is up with that?

it seems like it's completely ignoring the base weapon damage and adding a flat offhand damage bonus as the whole thing, so what's the point in having an awesome offhand lightsaber if it doesn't affect the stats at all? should we just stack +endurance gems and stuff into our offhand sabers?

Edited by SunwindIon

I agree. Its really pathetic right now, doing only about 30-40% compared to the primary damage. If they buff it up to a little over 50%, I'd be happy since we lack a lot of other things such as armor, CC's, breaks, etc., a buff to our damage output as a DPS class would make sense.

I taken the damage increase in the 'focus' line (I think) for off-hand damage increase. I have gone watchman but not taken every point in watchman at every line. I have 2 or 3 in force crit increase and 2 (24%) in off hand damage in the other lines. I'm not sure if it does anything, but it sounds good.

Regardless if it scales or not, the secondary weapon let's you use special skills that only using two weapons can.

I am ALWAYS top of my teams DPS list as a Sentinel, although Sith can out DPS me as inquisitors can simply DPS all day long because they can CC, stealth and heal and get back in the fight.. so they are constant DPS with no running around after deaths.

We've had threads on this...

Bonus damage is not applied to offhand. It applies only to mainhand.

Attacks are composed of Mainhand + Bonus Damage + Offhand.

Mainhand and Bonus Damage get grouped together. It is scaling. It is working as intended. No, this is not a problem.

We've had threads on this...

Bonus damage is not applied to offhand. It applies only to mainhand.

Attacks are composed of Mainhand + Bonus Damage + Offhand.

Mainhand and Bonus Damage get grouped together. It is scaling. It is working as intended. No, this is not a problem.

but like it shows in the picture the offhand is not even doing full offhand damage it's doing less than the base damage why is that?

Hit them with main hand tickle them with off hand. off hand doing 3.5 less damage then main. if it wasn't for the skills that need 2 sabres we would be no worse off without it.

it just does a pathetic amount of damage, an increase in off hand damage to just under half of main hand would be better, doubt that will happen tho. By the looks of the newest patch sentinels are going to be way down the list when it comes to changes. they haven't yet fixed the most important thing, that being the delay which screws us up more then anything.

It's the offhand penalty. Where the old KotOR games reduced your hit modifier, this game greatly reduces the offhand damage instead of crippling your accuracy. You can increase the offhand damage by taking the first level talents in the Combat tree.

Essentially if they didn't take like 30 percent of your offhand damage, your DPS output would be game-breakingly high. Sentinels would stomp through everything while Guardians doing the same content would be hard-pressed to keep up.

So while you may have two 100 damage sabers equipped, you're only going to do about 130 damage total because of the penalty on offhand to help balance combat.