** Unofficial 2nd day EGA wave thread **

qwertly

I didn't register until 12/02. So I guess I'm gonna be a while. But, y'know, I work all week, and have way too much to do in the evenings. So,if get that magic email by the time I get home Friday, I am thrilled. If I get to play all weekend, call me happy. I ldidnt expect anything more.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DrewIAHWK

@Rockjaw is that it for today? or will we get a bonus wave maybe?

Rockjaw Stephen Reid

@DrewIAHWK It's a little early to be saying that.

There's hope ;)

This is what bioware doesn't understand

Little early?

Its almost 21.00 here in the night:)

But i still hope for more people to get invited..The more the best

Not quite. THIS could be conversation as well, depending on which tweet he's replying to:

@DrewIAHWK DrewIAHWK

24 minutes ago via web

Rockjaw Stephen Reid

@

21 minutes ago

No, that's not the conversation. If you're looking at his Twitter account, click on the little chat bubble icon on the response, and it will show you exactly which tweet he is replying to.

It's the one about the 5 days of access.

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, just want to offer something that Bioware might be considering too:

Between 4 and 6PM EST time, most people on the East Coast will be getting on to log in - including those from yesterday and many of the new invites today. Till 7PM EST, you'll have CST people getting out of work to login (that's 6PM CST, which is the time zone for Austin, and many people at Bioware Austin will probably have already gone home).

Until 8PM EST, you'll have people in mountain time logging in. And until 9PM EST, you'll have a lot of people on the West Coast logging in.

Some people will wait till after dinner, so BioWare is probably expecting login and server spikes from 3pm till 8pm (their time) initially, and additional spikes from 9pm till 12am (which would be 7-10 on the West coast).

I'm not trying to burst anyone's bubble, but a big reason BioWare probably isn't releasing waves later in the day is due to the fact that the servers become crowded during this time and the majority of their staff is gone for the day.

We know they currently have a 24 hour crew, but those people are probably there to maintain server stability and other deal with other technical issues, and not for PR purposes or to get anyone new into the game.

Edited by ialsoagree

Hey, guys, I redeemed my preorder code, but when I got to set up my billing and all of that, the box that says "redeem preorder code" above the billing box is grayed out. I put my code back in and it says the code has been used. I'm digital download and I have not been chosen for early access yet. Is this a problem, or will it say that I've applied my code once I'm selected?

Not quite. THIS could be conversation as well, depending on which tweet he's replying to:

@DrewIAHWK DrewIAHWK

24 minutes ago via web

Rockjaw Stephen Reid

@

21 minutes ago

Not quite as well.. if you click the message on twitter it shows that Rockjaw answered to the other message.. so it goes this way :

DrewIAHWK DrewIAHWK

@Rockjaw Why are you guys still advertising up to 5 days EGA? No way will anyone post November get more then 1 day, seems kinda deceitful.

|

v

Rockjaw Stephen Reid

@

|

v

DrewIAHWK DrewIAHWK

I preordered on August 18th, and got in just 2 hours ago. Been playing server hop trying to find one with most of me and my friends names.

Kind of ironic that me and my sith buddies are now on a server called "Jedi Covenant". Guess we're the sith on the 'inside' >: )

This is what bioware doesn't understand

Little early?

Its almost 21.00 here in the night:)

But i still hope for more people to get invited..The more the best

only 1:30 PM here east coast usa... so that makes it what.. 10:30 PST? and all 4 waves are done already...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do more... !!!

Honestly for those who complain about this system. IMO I believe this is a great system. Staggering should have be done with most MMOs. It was hell trying to get in SWG on launch date (No early access). And SWG I had the CE in my hands two days before servers went live.

All I am saying is you got to lighten up. You are going to get some early game time and regardless the game hits shelves in about 5 days. After EGA you will be complaining about the actual game. At which time I wont care because I will be playing and enjoying the game even with any flaws. Didn't really encounter too many problems myself during Beta.

For those asking about where they mentioned the number of waves, look here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=16391

It says they are planning on four waves. So, they didn't need to put "final wave" on this one, if it is, since they were only planning on four anyway.

I think the key word here is "planning" imo that word does not limit the number. On one hand waves could have been less if something bad happened and on the other hand there may be more waves if everything is going smoothly. Dunno just my two cents on it.

I can confirm that there won't be anymore waves.

I know this because Crabbies is my gaming drink. I get it for every single game launch. The shop has sold out. If we work on the knowledge that Crabbies is C and a game launch is epic, therefore, C=epic. As tonight there is no C, that must mean there is no epicness.

Sorry to break it to you guys. I'll head to the shop tomorrow to check if they have it then. If they do then for everyone before 24th October should be getting on.