** Unofficial 2nd day EGA wave thread **

qwertly

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

America lost cause they wouldn't use the Bomb again. Chickens.

America did not use a bomb because they are smart enough to to hurt the Motherland. As in Earth. Chickens are those who uses the bomb.

Those countries who uses bombs (like Nuclear bombs), should be wiped form the face of the earth.

Dont have to use bombs to resolve the matter (war or battle, doesnt matter). What is good come from winning (using such bombs) if it hurts the planet? I would call that a global Defeat.

They're just trolling at this point because they misunderstood what was originally being said and are trying to cover their tracks. Just ignore'em.

Kay! I've wasted enough breath in frustration of people QQing about WORST RELEASE EVER. Ima go bike a couple of miles and get a a head start on tomorrows work just in case my invite is tomorrow. :D

I find it funny how people say that by Stop taking pre-orders you lose money. EVERY game out there has a deadline on pre-orders.

If they did as you suggested, they would have had to stop sales after 5 days. Now tell me this would not have had an impact on total sales. And even then: The problem would only have delayed to Dec. 20th. Now BW always said: First come, first serve. It's not like they said, everyone who pre-orders gets access five days early. And now they started even two days earlier inviting the people. Time to stop complaining, really.

How exactly does French PvP work? Is it a race to see who can surrender first?

In all seriousness, if you want to criticize french pvp in games - and I comment from my experience in WoW, WAR and BF2/3 -

they are tough, they fight hard, but are in most cases totally lacking organization.

It's the gallic aspect of their personality, if they arent lead by a strong guy, they are baaaaad ... and attack like beheaded chickens.

And as a frenchman who loves order and organization, trust me, I'm sometimes so tired to play with my countrymen :rolleyes:

Orly? Amazon, Origin, and all other places say the game is released on the 20th. The developers say the server will go down before the 20th and come back up with complete open access for everyone. Months before this, the developers revealed this would be a staggered EGA for pre-orders only. EGA isn't release, only pre-release. Show me where they changed the release date for the US.

BAM: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_wars_the_old_republic

BAM bcak at ya : http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=273

and to top that

TERRIBLE communication.

It took them over an hour to announce the fourth and final wave AFTER it had already been sent out.

THEN it took them over THREE hours to finally be explicit and tell us that there will be no more waves.

I have been patient but their ignorance or indifference is infuriating.

I am glad I will probably be in by the weekend but they just wasted 3 hours of my time.

Well my guess is that they were looking at the servers, and after seeing one server go down on the final wave they decided to wait and if it got back up they would have sent a bonus wave, but it isn't up so they didn't send the bonus wave. Enjoy and go play WoW for a few hours, then sleep, wake up and check your email for SWTOR EGA!!! GO GO!!!.

Originally Posted by Kinegos

This isn't a troll, and isn't exactly QQ although there is some of that involved.

I just want to put it down for the record that the way this early access program has been implemented is truly one of the most poorly conceived ideas that I've ever personally encountered in over 25 years of playing video games. I've personally participated in launches of 6 other MMO games, and there is nothing in those experiences that compares to how ridiculous this process is.

When you are dealing with a pre-launch even that is only for pre-order customers, after an extensive and massive beta testing period that was a huge success according to nearly all sources involved - it begs the huge question as to what is the limiting factor in the way you have chosen to roll out this game. I personally participated in the beta in a very limited way (not by choice, mind you, I just wasn't lucky enough to get a key) and was only online during the big Thanksgiving weekend test. That test was wonderful - there were a huge number of servers, and a huge population of testers. The game performance was amazing.

So, EA/BW - what exactly are you afraid of?

The ONLY way this should have been done is to have given ALL pre-orders (perhaps separated only by level of game purchased - i.e. CE customers get 7 days, SE get 5, e.g.) access at exactly the same time. Of course it will overload the servers and queues would ensue and all that - but that's what we all expect. Making your customers wait unknowingly with no idea how long it will be or when to expect an email is just adding insult to injury. A poor alternative would have been to send out emails with a set time and day that your access would be available.

I read in the top post how you are monitoring the server performance and are rolling waves based on server performance. Are you seriously saying you have to wonder at this point if your servers can perform up to the task - when you probably still have 90% of the launch day players yet to even be able to play? That is not at all a good message to be sending at the beginning of an MMO franchise.

At any rate, I love this game. I love BW. But I truly despise and am sickened by the way you chose to put your customers through so much stress for absolutely no good or justifiable reason.

Launch: When the game goes live and you have to pay to play it.

EGA: Early Game Access where it's still free to play until Launch.

Your argument is flawed. They used the term "launch" here as an expression, nothing more. The official launch has not happened yet. It will happen on the 20th. I'm even typing this slowly for you. Have a nice day now. :)

Incorrect.

Launch is when the game is live and is accessible. To whom it is accessible to, matter not, if the game is live it is launched.

Early Game Access: access before others.

Two separate things. If the game wasn't launched, nobody would be playing it now. It should make sense to even the smallest beings.

Then stop being stubborn and listen to what we're telling you: the game has launched. Period. No, the game hasn't been released, we're all very well aware of that but that is not what are telling you. We are telling you that the game has been launched and is live. You say it is not, you are incorrect.

Wrong, I'm not saying the game isn't live (it is live), I'm saying you can't compare this to the release launch when the servers are restarted (not wiped) and everyone is let in. KTHX BAI

@SWTOR

The Old Republic

Yes, the fourth wave was the final wave for the day. New invites will start at 8am CST tomorrow - 6AM PST/9AM EST/2PM GMT/3PM CET

Once again, great communication from Bioware, by telling us about this 4 hours after it is over. I am sure you wasted nobody's time who waited for this on the forum.

In all seriousness, if you want to criticize french pvp in games - and I comment from my experience in WoW, WAR and BF2/3 -

they are tough, they fight hard, but are in most cases totally lacking organization.

It's the gallic aspect of their personality, if they arent lead by a strong guy, they are baaaaad ... and attack like beheaded chickens.

And as a frenchman who loves order and organization, trust me, I'm sometimes so tired to play with my countrymen :rolleyes:

here in spain its pretty much the same, every man to himself and rarely ever teamwork if at all. :(

am i the only one that doesnt like that they only sent 4 waves when yesterday they sent 5 and that they stopped at 11am?????

The waves were each significantly bigger today. Would you prefer they made them smaller and did 5 waves? More people got in today then yesterday.