Which is better? Server Queues+Lag or Unknown Wait?

-Arcane-

I know exactly what option queues would be like, I've been playing mmo's for a decade. They actually work pretty well, most recent launches have been fairly smooth. To be fair in comparison, WOW came out when there was only a handful of mmo's. The industry is a lot more evolved these days. Factor in instanced starter zones to spread out server population (one of the major issues for just launched games) and you're in good standing. :)

As for the anticipation of christmas day. Try telling your kids on christmas day you're going to let them open their presents sometime before new years but give them no idea of when exactly and see how well that goes over. ;)

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No. If I wait past the 15 I will be canceling my preorder and will not be purchasing this game.

Rift, AOC, LOTR, none of them blocked you out of playing what you paid for and none had serious (server) issues at launch.

If EA wants to play this game they can play it with someone else. They should already be well into august. If their servers can't handle 200-300k a round they aren't ready for launch anyways.

Why wait, just do it now! That would be an excellent way to prove maturity and patience.

ill just have lag an Q's over this anny time i cant plan jack **** if i aint in on the 15th ill just get mad and maybe wont play the game for long

they can give me a month free game time i dont care not knowing when i can play is just to bad. i would rather they give me a DATE like the 20th than have to not know and get in the 15th buth then i would like the date at leased 2 weeks up front.

Edited by TheDarkflame

Exactly, they instanced the zones which more or less eliminated the problem in the beta stress test, which still leaves one wondering why they aren't inviting a reasonable number of people per wave.

Yeah, I don't know. I mean, sure I wish they were letting in like ~200,000 people each wave. But, I guess part of me just trusts that they know what they're doing to ensure a smooth launch.

I'm an educator, not a computer engineer or game developer. On some level, I just need to believe that they are professionals who are much more dedicated to this game succeeding than even I am. I'm very excited to play. But I hate server crashes, so I'm willing to wait...painfully, painfully wait.

Why wait, just do it now! That would be an excellent way to prove maturity and patience.

I'm not here to prove anything. I've been burned in the past with games like AOC which were terrible.

If they can't even get their servers running it's in my wallets interest not to waste my time. They haven't even gotten throught he first day yet. Thats asanine.

So bashing people and insulting their views is the best way to prove just how mature you are.

Yeah, I don't know. I mean, sure I wish they were letting in like ~200,000 people each wave. But, I guess part of me just trusts that they know what they're doing to ensure a smooth launch.

I'm an educator, not a computer engineer or game developer. On some level, I just need to believe that they are professionals who are much more dedicated to this game succeeding than even I am. I'm very excited to play. But I hate server crashes, so I'm willing to wait...painfully, painfully wait.

It can be smooth by going very slow or it can be smooth my making sure your equipment is up to par (which the beta test did) and getting a reasonable number of people in every couple hours.

They are doing the first.

I'd prefer the latter.

Rile up? Are you that full of yourselves? They said from the beginning it would be a random staggering...if not then do you really believe everyone in currently pre-ordered on day one? Very unlikely. Also, I have the Congragulations email and the origin email with the new key I put in and also added my cc for subscription. So yea all I have to do is wait until 3pm and go home and play. However, most of you will likely be on before then since they are doing 3 waves per day until the 20th.

Just go away ... trol by 100%.. not random staggered done by when you enter you code.. as post 100000000 times by Stephen reid

None of you have an "unknown" wait. You'll be in by the 19th.

This is silly. It's an unknown wait because you have no clue what time you are going to get in before then. If anyone gets forced to wait until the 19 they will be OVERLY justified in raging.

Title says it all, which would you prefer, a big gosh darn queue and some issues with the servers at launch?

or

This random wait with no info, no clue and no idea when you will get access?

Personally i'd rather be stuck in a queue, at least then I can see how long I have to wait.

You wouldn't be complaining if it was you in the game right now would you.

No, exactly. We all want to play.. The difference is most of us aren't tards and are mature enough to not post whining threads about FREE game time offered as a good will gesture/bonus to reward those who pre ordered the game.

Chill out mate.

Hate to be the downer here and the forum police, but you guys should watch it with the name calling, infractions and more are most likely going to be handed out more frequently on these new forums as they will be more heavily moderated. I'd hate to see anyone get a vacation while waiting for launch.

Just do what the sticky says and flag the post you believe is causing issues.

if someone would help me down off this soapbox, I'll leave you all to it.

They haven't even gotten throught he first day yet. Thats asanine.

Well, they did say that they had A LOT of orders on that first day. If we estimate, even conservatively, that half of their pre-orders happened on the first day, that's ~500,000 people they need to get into the game, and through the starter zones.

That's a good chunk of people. In the last beta, they had ~750,000, but those people weren't all in the same area together. They were spread out in the world because lots of people had been in a couple of betas in a row.

Again, it's frustrating to wait, but I'm just going to trust that they'll get people playing in a way that best serves the game, stability, and servers.

It really isn't unknown wait because we all know that we will get in before the 20th Decemebr anyways, and I am sure if the Queue + Lag would be there for quite a while, not making it a very fun experience.

Right now, right here I would properly say "Queue + Lag", however on a longer term basis I would simply be annoyed if I would be dealing with high lagg, server disconnects and etc. so in the long term I would properly Have to say "Unknown wait".

A queue to get your invite would be nice - like when you launch the launcher it puts you in a queue like a server queue, with X people logged in, then as they invite the batches it shows you how far in line you jump based on your date of preorder code redemption. Unknown sucks. :(