The, "You should've pre-ordered sooner.", argumen...

Ishxan

What advantage? First to reach end game? Lulz

All other mmo's after Wow turned out to be a waste of money, no wonder people reserved their money until after they saw what the game was about. And we're still not sure if swtor will survive the first 2 months.

Doesn't mean latecomers should be punished for being careful with how they spend their money.

I find your lack of faith disturbing :csw_vader:

Edited by Jnight

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

tbh if I remember correctly, when pre-orders first came out they didn't have the rule of "first come first serve" for early access, otherwise I'm sure more people [including myself] would of pre-ordered on day one.

So that argument is moot, unless you've order in Sept onwards.

Actually, BW informed us all since July how the pre-order system would work. It was always going to be a first come first serve based on WHEN you registered your pre-order code.

Personally I don't know what people are ************ about when it comes to EGA... We people who are already in aren't exactly haven't much fun anyway... At least on the server I chose... There was a whopping 70 in each starting world yesterday and a whole 20 people on the capital worlds... Not exactly prime time people to do flashpoints or anything special.. So unless you like soloing your brains out.. It ain't much fun...

Hell I stop on Taris on my JK cause I was the only person on the planet and rolled a Trooper just for one interaction with people

Or a poorly constructed argument on the part of the OP. :eek:

Yes thank you for taking the time to completely misunderstand because of obvious selective reading. Your first reply to my post argued against something that I did not even imply. It's about the validity of the statement in the topic title, not about the nature of the pre-orders or how the launch is conducted. Do you want me to send you a drawing? Are letters and words too confusing for you?

There were people who obviously understood as it seems. Posts like yours add to derailment. When you called my post an argument its painfully obvious that you have little to no comprehension of the subject.

Edited by Ishxan

1) I disagree completely. It seems to me that Bioware has successfully broken the mold on how MMOs are launched. And for this I am happy. It is a true game changer.

Don't call it "mission accomplished" just yet their tiger. We're no where near out of the woods yet.

We survived day one, that had a conservative amount of invites going out. Theirs still lots of time for something big to go wrong.

How do you serve that when everyone is at the front of the line? It would then be a random process that decided. Or they would simply have to let everyone in at the same time.

I honestly don't know why people feel obliged to defend against an argument that does not take sides...

Because first come first served doesn't have to mean everyone who ordered the same date are equal, it means the order the pre order keys were entered. It doesn't matter if the time difference between two codes being entered is 1 second or 1 week, The one that was entered first is served first.

OP, point number 3 is null and void. It talks about 'ifs'.

Look at the facts. People DID pre-order at different times. I don't know of a single occasion where EVERYBODY pre-ordered a game the very minute pre-orders were released. It's never happened to my knowledge unless you can show me any different. Therefore the argument of 'should have pre-ordered earlier' is valid.

You can't try to debunk a perfectly acceptable argument by using 'ifs'. I could just as well say 'if the sun exploded, none of us would be playing'. Does it add anything useful to the issue? The answer is no. Your point doesn't add anything useful either.

Edited by Mandrax

This launch is giving me many lulz. Don't really care about getting in that much since I have quite a bit of work to do, but I am enjoying all this QQ.

Surely the combined QQ will give birth to a twisted god which will devour the world.

July 21 Pre-Order Email:

Top Half

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/a9678

Bottom Half

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/aa74e

end of line

p.s. shh don't mention u know who again... watching you...

honestly not a good way to pre launch a game.i mean they are still selling pre orders so what sort of impression are they giving new buyers?

hope this is first of last blunders .

great game just needs to be careful how its managed ,many great mmo have fallen due to poor decisions.

check out eq2 the most under rated mmo out there ,all due to poor management.

Because first come first served doesn't have to mean everyone who ordered the same date are equal, it means the order the pre order keys were entered. It doesn't matter if the time difference between two codes being entered is 1 second or 1 week, The one that was entered first is served first.

Obviously, but that's not the point. This is about the validity of applying "pre-order earlier". Not about how first come first serve works. I hoped it was obvious that I was implying that everyone ordered at the exact same time.

This launch is giving me many lulz. Don't really care about getting in that much since I have quite a bit of work to do, but I am enjoying all this QQ.

There seems to be two sides on this forum. The apologists and the first world problem babies. Now both sides have presented stupid argument but I think the one shown in the title of this thread takes the cake. Its superfluous use as common sense is baffling. Let us assume that no matter what BW was going to do a staggering launch, and now let us assume that everyone was "responsible" and pre-ordered on the day of availability. Do you really think everyone would get in? No. You would have the exact same situation where a portion of the community gets more bang for their buck 30+7 days AND a massive advantage leading into the game.

These are the undeniable facts of the moment:

1. Poorly designed early access system. Probably seemed like a smarter idea on the drawing board.

2. People are pulling their hair out, shooting babies, sacrificing goats, quitting jobs, and plagiarizing homework just so they can play a game - a game.

3. People who got in would have been raging as much, if not more, if everyone had pre ordered same day and a random pick excluded them from day 1 early access. Acting like they would be civil in such a case is a joke. Of course they aren't mad, because the system favored them.

To all the other sensible people on the forum: prepare for an age of darkness. Surely the combined QQ will give birth to a twisted god which will devour the world.

IT IS NOT A POORLY DESIGNED EARLY ACCESS SYSTEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geez...

According to Origin when I purchased the game I had to pay for the early access feature, that's m only problem. There is no reason I should not be able to play. Why would they even charge for something like this knowing that people wouldn't be able to play. I pre-ordered in Dec. So I know that I wont be getting in until the 17-18, I would of saved my pre-order money and got it on launch day. EGA should be free.....

According to Origin when I purchased the game I had to pay for the early access feature, that's m only problem. There is no reason I should not be able to play. Why would they even charge for something like this knowing that people wouldn't be able to play. I pre-ordered in Dec. So I know that I wont be getting in until the 17-18, I would of saved my pre-order money and got it on launch day. EGA should be free.....

Funny, I ordered from Origin and I didn't have to pay to play early. I payed the same amount everyone else will. The $5/$20 they charged for the pre-order fee comes off the final price. So you are severly incorrect in thinking they charged you to play early.

You did call three facts undeniable, one of which is false.

Selective reading, or just a little upset on your part?

It is poorly designed. BW needed to be transparent about the nature of the early access when it comes to time frames, estimates, and volumes. Do you honestly think this is an adequate process? Do you honestly think it could have not gone better?

If a system is designed well and works to its specifications then everything runs smoothly. As I said the intention on the drawing board may seem good, but the implementation is horrible. The state of the forums, as funny as it is, is my evidence. Even though the consumer might be over reacting or just plain wrong does not really matter. Such an endeavor should have been better communicated. People are furious when they do not understand or feel cheated. If people react the way they do then it implies a failure on BioWare's part to properly implement their intention.

You have not given even the slightest bit of evidence for your claim, only that it's your opinion. As a matter of fact my opinion is that the staggered launch is a good thing and I understand the thought behind it. But individual opinion does not make a fact (as much as a fact can be a fact). The state of the forum indicates, despite your opinion, that it is not a good design. If it were then we would not be having this conversation.

Sibbwolf, the moment you assumed everyone should have your sense of what is a priority or not is the moment you failed.

Yes it's poorly designed. It's not about world first 50 it's simply about getting in. Would the servers have imploded? Probably but since your on the kick about priorities perhaps it should be a priority of the gaming company making the ridiculous amount of money it's making from us the players to create OMG I KNOW I'M ABOUT TO SPEAK COMMON SENSE HERE...but here it goes...create an environment that actually supports the player population expected...lord forbid someone hire a forecaster.

Lastly it's one thing to say first come first served. It's another to make a blanket statement rather than giving people a reasonable expectation based on their pre-order date as to when they can get into the game even if it isn't a spot on mark or it's a moving target. If they had done that, this would be a non issue.

Edited by mmaize

IT IS NOT A POORLY DESIGNED EARLY ACCESS SYSTEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geez...

Really? How many threads did you pass that explained how great of an early access system this is over how many threads that explained how crappy of an early access system this is?

...Done. Game over.

Obviously, but that's not the point. This is about the validity of applying "pre-order earlier". Not about how first come first serve works. I hoped it was obvious that I was implying that everyone ordered at the exact same time.

A scenario where everyone preorders at the exact same time down to the second is impossible and as such is a moot point. I think the order "you should've pre-ordered sooner" is pointed towards individuals or a group of individuals who are complaining. If they preordered sooner then the people who are already in, then they would be the ones that have day 1 early access. The early access system was designed to sell pre-orders as quickly as possible after the announcement.