[HOWTO - RAMDRIVE] Increasing SWTOR System Performance

Lemon_King

It's fine to test raw performance numbers, but the main thing is how does it actually affect overall SWTOR performance?

I'd suggest that the difference between a good SSD and a RAMDRIVE would not be enough to justify the hassle of setting up the RAM.

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's fine to test raw performance numbers, but the main thing is how does it actually affect overall SWTOR performance?

I'd suggest that the difference between a good SSD and a RAMDRIVE would not be enough to justify the hassle of setting up the RAM.

Except that once you have the RAM drive set up, it costs nothing except a few moments to "launch" each time, whereas the SSD costs actual money *plus* some hassle to install it.

That said, I'm inclined to agree that the original concept of this thread *is* running out of validity, if it didn't run out a few years ago.

Except that once you have the RAM drive set up, it costs nothing except a few moments to "launch" each time, whereas the SSD costs actual money *plus* some hassle to install it.

That said, I'm inclined to agree that the original concept of this thread *is* running out of validity, if it didn't run out a few years ago.

Not to mention that you're ignoring the cost or value, of the RAM, especially if you have to buy extra to make the RAMDRIVE. 🤔