Hit the spacebar!!

TonyACT

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Star Wars was not built for the "instant gratification" crowd.

Next time you run into people like that, tell them to shove it.

I realize it's an old post so: This may have been the case back then but the Czerka Flashpoints and the CZ-198 dailies say it's not the case anymore. Both CZ-198 and the FPs are very light on story and have no dialog interactions. The FPs are fairly linear and streamlined. They're both very WoW-like, facilitating players to blow through them as fast as possible.

Even Oricon is light on story compared to the rest of the game. Once you're past the introductory chain, which isn't very long itself since it merely sets up the dailies and the lead up to the Op, it's just a typical, static daily hub.

Edited by Captiosus

I guess that if you want to watch cinematics, you can just join a guild and do FP with your friends... Can't you?

If you want to run a flashpoint the way you want then you should do it with a guild. The only fp where this is really an issue that ive run into is bt or esseles though since there are tons of dialogue in it. If its story mode than i expect someone wants to watch it, if its hm then i dont.

I think eventually we're going to see region posts like, "LFM Esseles, no cutscenes." Not being sarcastic but a lot of people are impatient after they've grinded an instance out a few times.

I personally like watching Esseles, especially when someone chooses the dark side option in the one scene. :cool:

It actually was like this for a time closer to when the game first came out. I would see people posting for "Skipping cut scenes" all over the place.

OP, your best bet is to ignore them. For the most part it gets better. Not to mention once you've seen the cut scenes any number of times you'll be skipping them anyway. Ha ha.

Managed to get in my 2nd group last night, I think it was Esselles? Lo and behold every time we got to a conversation 2 of my group kept spamming 'hit the spacebar dude'. One of them at least was ok with me reading the text, the other even more impatient. Silly me, I wanted the immersion to continue and had in mind listening to the conversations.

Of course, at the end the group dispersed while I was in the middle of typing 'see you later and thanks for the group'.

2 points of gameplay from my perspective out of this experience:

1) Get a grip. This is meant to be a new story-based approach to MMORPGs - if you don't like it, sorry, but I do, and I will continue to listen to the story until it bores me, then I will hit the bar, but I won't try and pressure others into it

2) I think we should get social points for kills, heals and chatting to others

Turn off chat. They can't pester you if you're can't see what they're saying.