Combat Rotation

JBRocky

I have tried most of the different class to lvl 10 and I want play a Jedi Sentinel but with all the abilities I would like a good idea for a rotaion or a priotiy. I am looking to go Combat as I just think Ataru stance sounds fun. Any help would be appreciated.

I'd almost advise against going sentinal. I think the ranged classes have us out classed. Normally in games where you have melee dps, or maybe not anymore, but the idea was that melee did more DPS than the other classes. In this game though, we do the same if not less, then you have to figure that bosses will do AOE's that you have to run from, but the range don't. So we end up doing less overall.

But if you do. I am combat as well. I go something like this...

Leap, Zealous Strike, Precision Slash, Master Strike, Then beat them up with blade rush till zealous strike or precision come back.

I see people using blade storm, but i dont think they have our build, with blade rush we get that damage plus an extra hit automically, and that extra hit puts us over the damage a blade storm does, so if you are combat you dont need it if you are in melee range.

Combat is far too complex for any kind of rotation. You can come up with a very convoluted priority system.

You have to track two different six second buffs- one which is refreshable, one that is not. Combat Trance creates an auto-crit and generates a Focus when it ends. You really need to be totally aware of where this ability is in its duration. It will strongly affect your ability usage order. You have to pay tremendous attention to your Focus because BR, BR, BS does not equal BS, BR, BR in terms of Focus requirements. You need to be tracking a 15 second, 12 second, and 9 second CD simultaneously. Where they are in their CD will affect what your current ability usage and the order in which you will use them when they are off CD. All which will be affected by the two six second buffs you are tracking.

It's extremely complicated.

There is an excellent guide by Kibaken on the Marauder forum which has combat's DPS priority system

To help you with the marauder -> sentinel ability translation: Gore = Precision Slash; Massacre = Blade Rush; Battering Assault = Zealous Strike; Scream = Blade Storm; Ravage = Master Strike;

Mind you this is just for PvE boss fights. ;)

I did combat till 35, then respecced into watchman and am at 46. Both are good, though I feel watchman is better overall. Combat is good for kill stuff fast and cutting down trash mobs but suffers compared to watchman in survivablilty vs elite and up mobs. The watchman tree gets some nice skills that allow for self-heals for you and your companion/party while still doing a lot of damage over time to your target. This can be a clinch in battles vs any mob, but more so vs the high end bosses and whatnot.

Don't know a lot about focus, I've heard its really powerful in PVP situations due to the large amount of AOE damage.