Keep dying.

goodnamebro

You're underleveled for that fight. You should be level 9 by then.

he might be but on the khem val mission the trick is if your lvl 8 which i think i was if not even 7 :p to use knockback to your advantage, i knockbacked the hard ones of the ledge and only had to deal with the normals, khem wal was really hard then but with buffs and stims and probably a few lucky crits i managed it with 5% health or something left XD

Having played every class to level 12 let me tell you.

Sith Inquisitor is the hardest to do the final quest with, the problem is the area is designed for one player and one companion (especially the droids toward the back end). This isn't a problem with Sith Warrior as they get Vette before they go into the area. But Inquisitor has to get themselves through this area on their own as the get Khem on their way out.

You need to be level 9 pushing 10 before you go in or you get slaughtered. When you finally get your way into the story area, use your shock-wave to knock the first 3 droids encountered off the platforms to their easy deaths.

Then you have to work you way through the rest normally, make sure to use whirlwind on one of the droids every fight to disable it at the start of the fight to make it easier for yourself.

So course after that everything become much easier, especially if you become a Sorcerer, I play Sorcerer half a sleep during very hours most of the time with no problems. Sorcerer is way overpowered. Bubble, Heals, massive amounts of CC, easy mana pool management and very long range attacks.

--- And the Mark V training Droid is also designed for one player and one companion, though you can solo it, with allot of luck and little skill.

Edited by AngelousWang

Stim and medpacks are your friends.

Electrocute or other stuns are your friend.

If those two fail and you still cannot beat Khem, I am betting your latency /fps is SLOW and LOW. (I have trouble fighting Khem on crappy laptop then I got an over clocked machine did it again (on a re-roll) and Khem was super easy.

You could try increasing your ability queue length in options, if you got bad latency try upping the queue length.

Inquisitor is probably the best class at early level. Thrash, Shock, and force lightning are all very powerful early on. I suggest you bring medpacs and make sure your weapon is up to date. Edited by Rylorn

• 3 weeks later...
Every class ive played, around lvl 7-9 before you pickup your companion, it gets stupidly difficult to solo through, and no im not talking about 2+ hero quests.

..... snip ....

yes i buy skills,

yes i know how to play,

no im not a dummy,

You didn't leave much room for getting advice if you say you know how to play the game ...

So all I can say is that I've played smuggler, JK, Sith inquisitor and BH to at least teens and have not had the problems you've had. Even the SI companion quest you're talking about caused no problems. I rarely use medpacks, and if I do die on a harder quest then I will stim up and try again. On none of those classes did I ever reach a stumbling block of repeatedly dying at such a low level. Everything up to 10 is pretty much a walk in the park, with only the last stage before you leave the planet really having any bite.

Sooooo, either you don't know how to play as well as you think you do and you're doing something wrong or ... well, can't think of another option really. So yeah, it must be you. Sorry.

Every class ive played, around lvl 7-9 before you pickup your companion, it gets stupidly difficult to solo through, and no im not talking about 2+ hero quests.

then when you do get your companion, like on bounty hunter for example it feels like its outgunning you on dmg. why?

yes i buy skills,

yes i know how to play,

no im not a dummy,

those lvls over and over on every class i play, same story, atm dying over and over @lvl8 inquisitor on the mission where you free & fight Khem Val,

taking a break from raging to write this,

not impressed on otherwise great game.

yes im mad.

Sith inquisitor was the first character I played (around 12/22 i think) , and I thought it was pretty hard. I should also note that it was the first time I had ever played an MMO. Rolled a new inquisitor about 3 days ago and had no problem soloing the heroics, and haven't died a single time. I assumed that because I'm a good video game player in general I would be good at this style of play as well, but I was dead (pun anybody?) wrong. It just takes practice, and you'll get it.

That Khem Val fight can be difficult if you try to do it at level 8, especially for those of us who are casual players. The several times that I have done it, I've been at least level 10. There are some things you can try to make it a bit easier:

-Make sure you have the best equipment possible. Get that 400 credit weapon if you havent found anything better. If you have enough Korriban commendations, spend them on the armor piece.

-Buy the best medpacks you can...a couple or 3, and buy the willpower stimm...a couple or three of those, both in case you wipe.

-Raise your level a bit. If you are only level 8, you may have missed quests, and you can always grind mobs around the Tulek Horde area. Those bat things that hang around the tablets are easy to kill for Inqs, and give good EXP. I'm not particularly interested in combat, so I tend to make sure I'm a couple levels above content as a matter of course. A couple levels really make a big difference.

If you ask Zesh if there is anything more she can tell you, she mentions that Khem Val is force resistant. Plan accordingly (Have a good weapon?)

Good luck.

That Khem Val fight can be difficult if you try to do it at level 8, especially for those of us who are casual players. The several times that I have done it, I've been at least level 10. There are some things you can try to make it a bit easier:

-Make sure you have the best equipment possible. Get that 400 credit weapon if you havent found anything better. If you have enough Korriban commendations, spend them on the armor piece.

-Buy the best medpacks you can...a couple or 3, and buy the willpower stimm...a couple or three of those, both in case you wipe.

-Raise your level a bit. If you are only level 8, you may have missed quests, and you can always grind mobs around the Tulek Horde area. Those bat things that hang around the tablets are easy to kill for Inqs, and give good EXP. I'm not particularly interested in combat, so I tend to make sure I'm a couple levels above content as a matter of course. A couple levels really make a big difference.

If you ask Zesh if there is anything more she can tell you, she mentions that Khem Val is force resistant. Plan accordingly (Have a good weapon?)

Good luck.

Excellent points. there are some rough spots in the game OP. this is one of them. I've done the inquisitor starting story twice, first time mugging through with resting inbetween fights, using medpacs at critical times, etc. the second time I learned the knockoff trick purely by accident...made it easy mode after that.

Another tip to get past that part...you can actually still take the shuttle over to Dromund Kaas before you finish (yeah, I know, throws the storyline off, but Figured Id throw it out there). go to the weapons vendor and pick up the green vibrosword (you should have plenty of creds for it if you haven't been spending). it's damage is only a few points under the starting lightsaber, and plenty of oomph to help you get past. grab a few lvl 8 medpacs while your at it...and a lvl 8 willpower stim or two.

Or just EZ mode it. they need to reduce the power of those mobs by just a tad...it's doable, but drastically disproportionate to the rest of the leveling curve up to that point.