Why are operatives doing more damage then marauders in pvp?

Fox_McCloud

Operatives can heal and have all kinds of other great utility including full on stealth at any time.

They have a mix of pretty much everything and yet their damage seems far more dangerous then that of a marauder.

As a Jedi Sage, I can die within an stealth opener stun from an operative, before I can even push a button. However a Marauder I at least get to do a few things.

Shouldn't the Operative damage be brought down below that of the Marauder?

Operatives can heal and have all kinds of other great utility including full on stealth at any time.

They have a mix of pretty much everything and yet their damage seems far more dangerous then that of a marauder.

As a Jedi Sage, I can die within an stealth opener stun from an operative, before I can even push a button. However a Marauder I at least get to do a few things.

Shouldn't the Operative damage be brought down below that of the Marauder?

as far as i can tell are some classes are doing to much damage atm, i'm not convinced that maurder is doing low damage as much as certain classes may have way to much burst and not just 1 class are a few are doing it. Is only compounded by the fact that biochem makes you capable of INSANE burst rather quickly.

I don't know... as a sorc i know of 2 guys 1 smugg and 1 sent both have most there Battle master gear and both are over valor rank 60.

im in half my champ gear some cent 425+ exp my gear is fair id say. and zeel, (the sent) seems to blow me up faster than envii (the smugg).

maybe like most every mmo Marauders are like warrior that have a critt mass they hit and explode once they hit the gear lvl. it happens in every mmo. stealthy start of really strong and tapper off as gear develops,

not that stealth will ever be gimp but they will lose some of the sting they bring at this stage of a new mmo.

You would pick A because that is the class you prefer, you like the playstyle, you aren't interested in healing, you like the story, you like the aesthetics, etc. Marauders are getting buffed I'm sure of it but Operatives shouldn't have to be two halves of classes.

Right.. so the choice then is:

A) pick DPS class that can do X amount of dmg

B) pick Healing/Damage/Utility class that can also do X amount of dmg.

Why would you ever pick A?

This is called balance?

Well, this doesn't answer all of your question, but a hybrid who is not specced into healing (i.e., a hybrid who is specced full DPS) will not be able to heal themselves in combat while a dps is beating on them. The heals, at most, will just be something that they can run behind a wall and cast on themselves while hiding from others. They can't just sit in combat and chain heal themselves and never die - the heals won't be nearly strong enough.

Of course there may be excpetions to the rule for imbalanced gear showdowns.

I don't know... as a sorc i know of 2 guys 1 smugg and 1 sent both have most there Battle master gear and both are over valor rank 60.

im in half my champ gear some cent 425+ exp my gear is fair id say. and zeel, (the sent) seems to blow me up faster than envii (the smugg).

maybe like most every mmo Marauders are like warrior that have a critt mass they hit and explode once they hit the gear lvl. it happens in every mmo. stealthy start of really strong and tapper off as gear develops,

not that stealth will ever be gimp but they will lose some of the sting they bring at this stage of a new mmo.

A sent/marauder that knows how to spec and sequence there attacks has burst that is just a shade less than a smuggler/op with much better sustained damage. It's rare that a sub 50 op/smuggler out damages my 46 sentinel. A sent with full battlemaster will hit ridiculous hard against anyone without a good deal of expertise.

Oh, and if sents/maurauders get buffed, a few of us will be causing major forum QQ in a month or so.

Edited by Vodrin

You would pick A because that is the class you prefer, you like the playstyle, you aren't interested in healing, you like the story, you like the aesthetics, etc. Marauders are getting buffed I'm sure of it but Operatives shouldn't have to be two halves of classes.

No of course not, they should be 100% of two classes, that makes perfect sense.

You're not an operative by any chance are you? =P

Edited by Fox_McCloud

If you pick the dmg spec as a scounrel/op (which I am) I can confirm to you while I do crit people for 5k (not as often as everyone is yelling about) I have one heal, which heals 1.5k on a 2.5 second cast and gets me out of energy incredibly quickly, I may as well not have it at all.

There is no hybrid tax in this game.

Naturally as they are "SUPPOSED" to be a squishy rogue type class, they should do more ON DEMAND "BURST" damage than a WARRIOR type class, however this would only apply if there was a hybrid tax, and their damage is 100x overpowered even if there was a hybrid tax which also makes the other stealth based classes which are actually underpowered in the sense of the first 2 sentences, hopefully those other 2 won't get the shaft because of ops/scound. Also take into account excluding ops/scounds, ranged classes and their on demand burst damage is WAY too high in this game compared to melee classes that actually have to get to their target and stay with it

A sent/marauder that knows how to spec and sequence there attacks has burst that is just a shade less than a smuggler/op with much better sustained damage. It's rare that a sub 50 op/smuggler out damages my 46 sentinel. A sent with full battlemaster will hit ridiculous hard against anyone without a good deal of expertise.

Oh, and if sents/maurauders get buffed, a few of us will be causing major forum QQ in a month or so.

Not even close to the burst, sorry. I play a Mara and top damage in most WZs with annihilation spec, but I would never call it burst, and even with Rage spec you're still limited by having just 1 9 second burst attack.

There's some, but nowhere near as much an Operative.

Right.. so the choice then is:

A) pick DPS class that can do X amount of dmg

B) pick Healing/Damage/Utility class that can also do X amount of dmg.

Why would you ever pick A?

This is called balance?

This is exactly where I am as a Sith Assasin or Jedi Shadow - Operative/scoundrel does more damage, has better armour and can heal.

What point is ther ein my class/tree played as stealth?

This is exactly where I am as a Sith Assasin or Jedi Shadow - Operative/scoundrel does more damage, has better armour and can heal.

What point is ther ein my class/tree played as stealth?

Very little at best, none at worst.

Bioware needs to wake up and fix the imbalances. There are many, but Operatives/Scoundrels seem to be at the heart of most of it.