The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

I feel silly for using advanced prototype

Jergo

I'm at 48 right now and have only recently started doing hardcore research on a more permanent build. The 21/2/18 hybrid, or for that matter, the saturation of pure pyro builds or pure shield tech builds blows me away. I just didn't realize there was so much of a difference (according to everyones' posts) between the DPS a heavy pyro build gives over an advanced prototype build.

I have noticed that in PvP that I'm at best, above average. I do think I'm playing it fairly well, but regardless, I've always felt that I could be doing a lot better damage.

Does a heavy pyro build really put out that much more damage than an adv. prototype build?

Edited by Jergo

We have 3 high lvl pt's in guild. 2 of which are pyro one went from ap to pyro. the other is ST. We think that pyro dishes out more burst dps. It has the ability to face melt things very quickly while AP can dish out just as good dps but does not have the initial burst/*** pwn DPS that a pyro build has. Hope this makes sense... This is all from a pvP perspective of course.

AP is fun since you don't really have to manage heat. I think a 8/31/2 or 7/32/2 AP build will shine only when you have some serious expertise PvP gear. It shows you it's weaker for PvP because of this statement but I think it's actually fun firing off missile blast and not have to worry about heat management when doing it haha!