The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Healers get less valor and marks?

Abnn

Not half, that's my point. They are getting less, and that needs to be addressed, but its not as bad as half. Exaggerations do not help the case.

It is not an exaggeration, if your getting 100 to 110 and most healers are get 40 to 70 that is damn near half.

I have yet to see a healer ever get a gold medal.

Can hit 400k healing and the next closest gets 160k and still not get a MVP vote. Since, I cant vote for myself I give it to the next healer if they at least with in 200k healing of me. Plenty of thanks but hardly any votes.

I'm not about to ask for MVP votes because than you like a whiner, and saying hey I healed 460k is not going to get you any fans either.

Bioware needs to adjust this.

They don't expect 'healers' to be in this game. You're a dps that heals- and it's expected that you'll go for both sets of medals- which frankly yes, does make getting healing medals very difficult, compared to say a tank who can very easily go for dps and tanking medals at the same time.

As a healer, I still find it relatively easy to get more medals than pure dps do... but I know tanks will always outdo me since they can also get some of the healing medals using their medpacks.

what is in fact a joke... a dps that heals? -useless in premades... (like I explained somewhere else) also it is not that easy, doing dmg, getting rid of the ppl chaseing you and healing your team, well if i focus on the dmg it is, but sorry it's plain stupid if I let teammates on purpose die, because I know I wouldn't get a kil for the guy im about in front of me otherwise (coz he'd die in the time I'd need to save my mate)....

So I tend now to just heal when I have time and don't really care about my job, my team cries more, but what do I care?

THIS!!

As a healer, nothing is more rewarding that being recognized for it.

I frequently only get 2-4 medals a match when I focus on healing a lot.

But if I get MVP votes, it makes all the difference.

The problem is most people are so impressed with kills and damage that they never see that my healing was necessary for everyone to get there.

So Please, Tip Your Healer.

Well wanna hear smth funny? I got the most MVP votes when I had most Medals in my team, focusing on dmg and letting ppl arround me die like flies (some even on purpose just to get more kills counted).... I had only 76k heal and I got 3 MVP votes

As I only healed (in my team had none more than 1 death), and had arround 350k heal, I ended up with: 4 medals and 0 MVP votes.... (was the bombing map, i only got 1 big heal, 75k and 300k and 10 kills medal)

... my teammates had all more than 30 kills -_-"

I mean I see there no reason to play as a pure healer and helping the whole team if I don't get benefit from it!!!!!!

Edited by Kengaro

It is not an exaggeration, if your getting 100 to 110 and most healers are get 40 to 70 that is damn near half.

I have yet to see a healer ever get a gold medal.

I have also had plenty when I've gotten 4-5 medals instead of the usual 9-10 (like when I run the ball in hutball). I know how many commendations 4-5 medals gets you and its not 40-70. At least not for a win, which is what I was talking about in the 100-110. My healer will usually get ~20 less commendations than I do. Like I said, it is less, and it needs to be addressed, but it is not half.

Edited by Svest

I disagree fundamentally that dps has some sort of advantage over healing.

The REAL medal hogs are those with hybrid specs. So they can get defender points via guard and/or healing AND dps.

Pure dps is no better off than pure healing.

Look at people getting high medal counts and hover over the types of medals they have, it's NEVER just pure dps.

Oh, so I guess I'm imagining things when I hit 7-8 medals when Concealment (without healing myself, mind you) and only 3-4 (unless on alderaan) when I heal? Yeah. Dps is no far better off than healing. /rolleyes.

Healing is so incredibly important to PvP success that I've just stopped doing it entirely for the lack of returns.

I realize the Warhammer team has some stupid ideas about PvP, but let's be serious BioWare: fire them and hire a team that isn't dumb.

Keep in mind this is the team that managed to run PvP into the ground in a game designed to be focused around continuous open world PvP.

I think that really says everything that needs to be said.

Edited by Talkative

I am gonna start ROFL when I start seeing post that no one is healing anymore.

Seriously. I have dps alts to dps with. I want to heal on my healer and not only put out equal numbers to the dps (get rid of healing debuff), but I want to be able to achieve as many medals as them, I want to be damn hard to kill (because if my primary function is to keep people alive, I better be damn good at it all by myself, with no tank. Tanks soak up damage, I keep people alive via healing. I should be good at the latter all by myself). I could go on.

From what I've seen though, this game's players and it's devs are going to need every healer to go on strike before we see any changes.

Edited by Leiloni

What really bothers me is that a 6 - 0 win in 2.5 minutes gives you way less reward than a slow 5 - 0 win where everyone is farming medals. (Yes I do equate that a 2.5 minute win also takes less time than a 15 minutes one.)

A primary healer can, and darn well should, fire attacks at anyone capping objectives in Alderaan or Voidstar. With free respawns, losing the tank doesn't = wipe. Losing enough objectives does.

A primary healer can, and should, spot that player down to 3% health kiting your melee heal target. What is more effective? An instant cast ranged attack to bring the enemy down, or healing the melee?

A primary healer can, and should, stand near objectives. That gets them a medal (or two if they do it long enough) even without firing a single attack.

A primary healer can, and should, use any AOEs when the enemy clumps up. Feel free to interrupt them if emergency healing is necessary ... but don't just refuse to use them at all.

A primary healer can, and darn well should, fire attacks at anyone capping objectives in Alderaan or Voidstar. With free respawns, losing the tank doesn't = wipe. Losing enough objectives does.

A primary healer can, and should, spot that player down to 3% health kiting your melee heal target. What is more effective? An instant cast ranged attack to bring the enemy down, or healing the melee?

A primary healer can, and should, stand near objectives. That gets them a medal (or two if they do it long enough) even without firing a single attack.

A primary healer can, and should, use any AOEs when the enemy clumps up. Feel free to interrupt them if emergency healing is necessary ... but don't just refuse to use them at all.

I think you entirely missed the point. Most people already do that. The issue is we're primarily healers and don't get rewarded properly for actually healing. We shouldn't have to farm medals by dpsing people. We dps/cc when necessary like any good player would, but most of the time we're going to be healing if we specced to heal. We should be properly rewarded for doing a good job at it.

Edited by Leiloni

Mainly, I wish Voidstar and Huttball had objective medals. Something for healing done for ball carrier, damage done to ball carrier, and damage absorbed or something. For Voidstar, they could do something like Alderaan or give something for capping objects, or interrupting--if they track that.

Yes this points are the reason why i only have 10-25 kills less than my team instead of 0 kills...:rolleyes:

I decided to respec and just top charts in kills and damage and get MVP votes every game. So what if we lose.

Yea, I'll do the same I guess....

Edited by Kengaro

Pepole posting telling healers to DPS, I have a question?

Where the heck am I going to put all those extra DPS buttons since we have no marcos what so ever.

All my healing buttons are already bound to the hot keys that they can be assigned to. At most I can bind maybe a couple of DPS buttons that will do squat because they cannot be in a DPS rotation due to the fact that my Heal buttons are all assigned to give me optimal healing rotation.

There is no focus healing while I DPS also. So I having to switch out targets to DPS and then switch back to heal just ends up killing my teammates. If you are DPSing while your healing you are gimping your team period. If I want to DPS I will just go DPS. I would rather heal and still get as many medals as other non healers.

If I heal a DPSer killing someone I do not get credit for the kill. However if you just walk up an pop the guy you get the credit for nothing that you did at all. That is complete BS and you know it.

Pepole posting telling healers to DPS, I have a question?

Where the heck am I going to put all those extra DPS buttons since we have no marcos what so ever.

All my healing buttons are already bound to the hot keys that they can be assigned to. At most I can bind maybe a couple of DPS buttons that will do squat because they cannot be in a DPS rotation due to the fact that my Heal buttons are all assigned to give me optimal healing rotation.

I use bar switching for that. Extra 12 buttons I can put just dps spells on.