Healers get less valor and marks?

Abnn

just me or is healer not getting what they sould have?. i see dps get 6-10 medels but as a healer that dose 300k each warsone and wins the game nearly get 2-4 medels and get way less valor and Credits / Xp / Marks ?

why this unbalance compare to DPS/tanks.

a dps that dose 300k dps gets about 8-10 Medels sould get about 150 marks or more,

a healer that dose 300k healing gets 2-4 Medels and get's about 40-80. maybe 100 if you getting votes.

i just don't get this and ofc i hope they fix this soon or Next week, cuz im not gonna Heal in warsones if i need to farm 75% more warsones to get my gear.

Edited by Abnn

It is a bit harder to get as many commendations as DPS, yes - this is due to it being harder to get as many medals.

One thing that helps is to try and get a killing blow (one medal) on someone. Also, while it's a stretch, you can also try to lure someone off and kill them 1v1 for another medal.

We shouldn't have to DPS to get as many medals as a DPS does just by DPS'ing, but for now it's just the nature of the beast until (if) they add more medals for healers.

See my thread (below) for some suggestions I gave for Devs to add healer medals. I came up with some specific ideas of things they could add. The more traffic/posts the thread gets the more likely a dev may see it. They already state that they read the forums, so any responses that keep the thread alive could help us healers get more medals :)

My thread link: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1382271#post1382271

And DPS can't compete with tanks for medals.

The difference is this:

ALL classes (tanks/dps/heals) get the basic medals for: heal xx amount of health (healer), deal xx amount of damage (dps), absorb xx amount of damage (tank).

On top of those, though, there are medals for:

1. Get a killing blow

2. Kill an enemy 1v1

3. killing 10 then 25 players

Basically, there aren't a TON but there are a few medals that seem very exclusive to DPS, whereas the other medals are pretty general and can be spread across archetypes.

On top of that, many DPS/Tanks achieve the 2.5k/5k healing medals by popping health pack consumables.

well maybe but that means i need to stop doing what my class is normal do, and Do someting that maybe get os to lossing.

hope BW really see this / yours.

One thing to ruin your hopes though -- the PvP team is lead by the Warhammer team, which stated repeatedly during Warhammer development that they hated healers and they can't stand those who stand in the back "... and I heal ...and I heal ...and I heal". Don't get your hopes up.

For the assassin one, I can usually get it by killing a runner. If someone escapes the crowd with low health and you kill him, you can sometimes get it. I think you just have to be the only one damaging them within a certain time. But, yeah. Also, a tank with a healer can get even *more* medals by doing certain things without dying for x damage or whatever. Meanwhile, the healer gets nothing.

I think I'm seeing not just more healers of other players, but just about all lvl 50's are spamming their own heals. Not only is there armor hard to penetrate, but they can often out heal the incoming damage, which I think is kind of neat. I still want brackets though. Oh, I am dead set against the nerfing of any class.

And, yes healers probably need to be looked at in terms of receiving more experience, valor, and medals.

The logic behind healers not getting medals vs. dps is simple. A dps class can run up to anyone on the opposite team and start running his numbers up but a healer can only heal when health bars are low. It requires healers to run into where ever the action is instead of just blasting heals off at the closest target.

The logic behind healers not getting medals vs. dps is simple. A dps class can run up to anyone on the opposite team and start running his numbers up but a healer can only heal when health bars are low. It requires healers to run into where ever the action is instead of just blasting heals off at the closest target.

Um... yes? Heal people whose health bar is missing health? I think we can all agree that to get medals you have to be where the action is.

Um... yes? Heal people whose health bar is missing health? I think we can all agree that to get medals you have to be where the action is.

And it is so annoying when you are trying to heal people who decide to go out of los.

Getting the 1 on 1 is more of an opportunity kill. It's not like you just randomly find a guy standing along in the middle of nowhere with 10% health to kill even if you're a DPS, and if you found such a guy a healer has no problem killing him solo too. If you're both at 100% that 1 on 1 probably won't stay that way for very long.

The 10/25 kills just require you to be in the general vincinity when it happened. Maybe you need to do something that'd put yourself in combat but it's hard to imagine not putting yourself in combat if you're doing anything at all.

A healer probably won't get 300K damage done but a DPS sure isn't going to get 300K healed, or even 75K healed most likely. Now there's a problem in that a lot of DPS also can tank so they get the guard medals, and that biochem lets anyone with a Rakata med pack pick up 2 heal medals, but those do not reduce your gain as a healer.

I disagree fundamentally that dps has some sort of advantage over healing.

The REAL medal hogs are those with hybrid specs. So they can get defender points via guard and/or healing AND dps.

Pure dps is no better off than pure healing.

Look at people getting high medal counts and hover over the types of medals they have, it's NEVER just pure dps.

If you're healing 100% of each WZ match then yes, you're going to have a hard time getting medals. But you shouldn't be doing that anyway, you're not only hurting yourself but also your team. You'd be surprised how much more helpful you are to your team by using telekenetic throw on runners, weaken mind on people trying to cap objectives, forcequake on voidstar doors, casting project on low health enemies, stunning/doting opposing healers, etc. Doing an extra 1k damage to take down an opposing 50 is going to do more to help your team than keeping that level 19 alive for another 3 seconds. And it gets you more badges. Edited by Cruxe

just me or is healer not getting what they sould have?. i see dps get 6-10 medels but as a healer that dose 300k each warsone and wins the game nearly get 2-4 medels and get way less valor and Credits / Xp / Marks ?

a dps that dose 300k dps gets about 8-10 Medels sould get about 150 marks or more,

a healer that dose 300k healing gets 2-4 Medels and get's about 40-80. maybe 100 if you getting votes.

i just don't get this and ofc i hope they fix this soon or Next week, cuz im not gonna Heal in warsones if i need to farm 75% more warsones to get my gear.

First, I agree that healers should be better rewarded for healing. That said, your claim that the DPS get 150 commendations or more is a bit of an exaggeration. While 8-10 medals and 300k damage is pretty normal for me I have never come close to 150 commendations. Its usually 100-110.

Though I do always vote for the healer for MVP because he always gets less.

As a pure healer.. I typically end a match with 5-7 medals.

300k+ healed, 75k+ damage. You should have no issues using your snare/dot/project in between your healing.

Although I won't say no to more medals!

Whadduputcha - 50 Sage - Darth Malak

First, I agree that healers should be better rewarded for healing. That said, your claim that the DPS get 150 commendations or more is a bit of an exaggeration. While 8-10 medals and 300k damage is pretty normal for me I have never come close to 150 commendations. Its usually 100-110.

Though I do always vote for the healer for MVP because he always gets less.

A healer is still getting half of what your getting in commendations.

One thing to ruin your hopes though -- the PvP team is lead by the Warhammer team, which stated repeatedly during Warhammer development that they hated healers and they can't stand those who stand in the back "... and I heal ...and I heal ...and I heal". Don't get your hopes up.

What reminds me why i hated healing in war....., you dun survie **** and get no promotions for nothing^^

just focus on giveing ppl dots and heal a bit, as well as focus on dmg as long as most of your ppl are over 60%, you ll still hit the 75k heal medal and the single heal medal but you ll be way less useful to your team.

H/E you get at least 6 medals that way, your team might losse, your mates might go down, but ey you get at least a few good medals:D

A tip about the 1v1-medal: When you see a group of opponents with one with 20% - just shield yourself barge in and kill him, even as healer you can put out 3k dmg ;)

Since the one who did 80% of the work died you get the 1v1-medal :D

I get 0 kills when i heal you while you slaughter 500 players, maybe you get now the point^^

I disagree fundamentally that dps has some sort of advantage over healing.

The REAL medal hogs are those with hybrid specs. So they can get defender points via guard and/or healing AND dps.

Pure dps is no better off than pure healing.

Look at people getting high medal counts and hover over the types of medals they have, it's NEVER just pure dps.

^^ that's pure bs.

As dd you can get ease 6+ medals you know where the main difference is? when you attack smb you get a kill when he bites the dust, means you have also access to the 10 and 25 kills -Medals, well a healer doesnt.

You can get as DD also 1-2 heal medals for big heal with a medpac... (2.5 and 5k single heal)

A healer can't get the single damage medals of 2.5 and 5k dmg (well maybe the 2.5k but i serioussly doubt that)

And for healling 10 players there is no reward. (unlike for killing 10)

And as I explained above you have to actually hit a player so that he counts as a kill, so you have overall 4 medals you can get as dd way easier than a healer

If you're healing 100% of each WZ match then yes, you're going to have a hard time getting medals. But you shouldn't be doing that anyway, you're not only hurting yourself but also your team. You'd be surprised how much more helpful you are to your team by using telekenetic throw on runners, weaken mind on people trying to cap objectives, forcequake on voidstar doors, casting project on low health enemies, stunning/doting opposing healers, etc. Doing an extra 1k damage to take down an opposing 50 is going to do more to help your team than keeping that level 19 alive for another 3 seconds. And it gets you more badges.

I used to do that, and it's pretty normal to do that even as pure healer. Well fact is, it's way easier to just heal when you have time, and focus on the dmg....

You can still reach the big heal as well as the 75k medal with ease, and you have access to the dps medals.....

Edited by Kengaro

A healer is still getting half of what your getting in commendations.

Not half, that's my point. They are getting less, and that needs to be addressed, but its not as bad as half. Exaggerations do not help the case.

They don't expect 'healers' to be in this game. You're a dps that heals- and it's expected that you'll go for both sets of medals- which frankly yes, does make getting healing medals very difficult, compared to say a tank who can very easily go for dps and tanking medals at the same time.

As a healer, I still find it relatively easy to get more medals than pure dps do... but I know tanks will always outdo me since they can also get some of the healing medals using their medpacks.

Want more medals for healing? Convince people you deserve it and get MVP votes. Every match I'm in on my juggernaut, top healer gets my vote.

THIS!!

As a healer, nothing is more rewarding that being recognized for it.

I frequently only get 2-4 medals a match when I focus on healing a lot.

But if I get MVP votes, it makes all the difference.

The problem is most people are so impressed with kills and damage that they never see that my healing was necessary for everyone to get there.

So Please, Tip Your Healer.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.