Where is Commando interrupt?

Robocaspar

Commando's don't get an interrupt.

Scoundrels don't get a knockback.

Gunslingers don't get a long duration CC against fleshies (they get slice droid).

Vanguards don't get a knockback.

Gunslingers, sentinels and vanguards don't get a self-heal.

Sentinels don't get a normal stun (theirs is channeled).

Every class is missing something except for sages which get everything other than taunt.

BH you don't need the interrupt for leveling or anything like that, you can just use your knockback as an interrupt and use your CC to keep one silver held until after the fight is over.

Edited by dcgregorya

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

False emperor, Malgus in front of you. He start casting unlimited power, YOU HAVE TO STOP HIM NOW ! (works fine in the end of battle of Ilum to).

Situation A : a smuggler/IA. He don't have a KB, but he use an interrupt. The group survive.

Situation B : a JK/warrior. He don't have a stun, but he use an interrupt. The group survive.

Situation C : a commando/merc. He don't have an interrupt, but he use a KB/stun. The group wipe.

But that's OK, I can save my team when we kill trash, the most entertaining, difficult and rewarding part of the dungeon. Oh wait....

I trade my stun anytime for an interrupt.

You may argue you need a KB to kill Malgus in the end, and a scoundrel/operative can't. But there is a special grenade next to the door before the fight. You may also argue you have probably another DPS with you, but that's obviously not the discussion.

You are a healer. It's obviously not your role to take care of the interrupt. That's the DPS job. But next time you have a balance issue on healing, can I stop by and say I don't care at all on my DPS commando ?

We've kill malgus so many many times with commandos in the group. Before we start we just say "When he casts Unlimited Power he *MUST* be interrupted" and someone interrupts him. Unless you're trying to run it with 4x commando what's the problem?

A lot of fights we only have 2 interrupts for but if you have a vanguard interrupt and a sentinel interrupt why do you also need a commando interrupt? Just have them take turns. I interrupt then you interrupt then I interrupt then you interrupt, etc. That's normally how we run it.

yeah, that's what i am trying to figure out too...

I mean, last time I checked, hard fights were done by teams. I have never seen a commando healer passed over for a team because they don't have An interrupt, and gunnery/assault commandos are like the 'definition' of DPS/aoe dps, and are not passed over for not having an interrupt either.

In PvE, is there a single 'boss' in the solo trooper storyline or even the standard side quests that REQUIRES a designated interrupt other than cryo grenade?

I know that the jedi has... a couple, but they have the interrupts to deal with them.

This whole thread feels like another thinly-veiled PvP whine.

Commando's don't get an interrupt.

Scoundrels don't get a knockback.

Gunslingers don't get a long duration CC against fleshies (they get slice droid).

Vanguards don't get a knockback.

Gunslingers, sentinels and vanguards don't get a self-heal.

Sentinels don't get a normal stun (theirs is channeled).

Every class is missing something except for sages which get everything other than taunt.

BH you don't need the interrupt for leveling or anything like that, you can just use your knockback as an interrupt and use your CC to keep one silver held until after the fight is over.

Scoundrels are a melee class

Gunslingers... Yeah, they kind of do need a cc of some sort.

Vanguards are a melee class as well

Sentinels would be the new faceroll class if they got a 4s stun. The 3s channel is on a relatively short cooldown compared to other stuns.

Scoundrels are a melee class

Gunslingers... Yeah, they kind of do need a cc of some sort.

Vanguards are a melee class as well

Sentinels would be the new faceroll class if they got a 4s stun. The 3s channel is on a relatively short cooldown compared to other stuns.

Sentinel's Stun:

Force Stasis: Subdues the target, stunning it while the ability is channeled and dealing 787 kinetic damage every second. Builds 1 focus per second.

A 3 second channeled stun that builds 3 focus. Focus is simply a bonus to make the ability not god-awful bad.

Trooper Stun:

Cryo Grenade : Hurls a cryo grenade that freezes the target, stunning it for 4 seconds

As you can see, their crappy channeled melee 3 sec stun is the same Cd as our 30 yd 4 second stun

I think Commando's not having an interupt is a major deal, PVE wise that is. And I like to know BW's reason for not giving us one. If Flashpoint fight mechanics require multiple interupts and there is one class that cant interupt, I personaly wouldnt want to bring that class because they are a liability to the groups success. If I would have known that Commando's didnt have an interupt, which I didnt bother to look up. I would have chosen to go Vanguard.

wrong, as a gunslinger i only use my interrupt in pvp. flashpoints with 3 other people have more then enough interrupts. If you were doing a 2 man heroic then yeah we might need interrupts. I don't complain much because I my commando is a heavy armor.

Commando needs an interrupt. That is all. It is not a debatable topic, it just is what it is, so stop debating

When, then, should you post? When you have a level 50 Commando who has experienced endgame content including HM FPs and Ops.

Why should you wait until this time? Because that is what everyone else is referring to and your useless post is otherwise, well, useless and counterproductive.

Logical Fallacy

You are assuming no one else in this thread knows anything about interrupts if they don't have a 50 Commando who does all the endgame content. When the people here have been playing the game as long as you or longer. They have other toons with interrupts and know how often they use it in pvp and pve. They have played group content with other Commandoes and have seen them in combat.

The truth is we all likely have 50's and can tell you ways to get around not having a interrupt which is what people are doing. Your argument against the strageties people have presented you in this thread is.... counterproductive.

Multiple pages of Commandoes and non-Commandoes explaining to you that they can interrupt without a interrupt power and how they are fine in FP, OPs and pvp without a interrupt. WHere is Commando interrupt? You don't have it because you don't NEED it maybe. I learned that from reading other people's posts and playing this game myself.

I think its utility

on the powertech , i see a boss using a heal or high damage ability i automatically hit him in the face with the pistol butt to stop it...

but when playing a commando I see it and have to just wince..sure i've found ways to deal with it in solo play but grouping and not being able to stop those abilities makes me feel somewhat useless...

adding insult to injury I encounter so many players that have an interupt and dont bother using it ....

now thats annoying...

a no damage interupt is not much to ask , purely for a pve perspective..sure we're not expected to do it all but its something every class should get so the chance is there...

just like i feel every ranged class should have some form of knockback and every melee some form of stun. it just makes sense...

Just wading in even though I don't meet any of the criteria for posting. My highest toon is a lv 39 commando healer with no PVP experience. :D

I think the OP's original concept has some merit.

I played a WoW ret pally from day one Pre BC. And it was a major let down to hear "LFG no pallies plz." or "LFG need DPS no Ret pallies plz." It was a pain because even though I didn't top out the DPS or Heal charts I brought a lot to the table. Problem was it was hard to make non pallies understand this.

BW has said they see the commando as kind of like a pally with a healer being played almost like a holy pally. From what I've read all the OP want's is some sort of interrupt that works on HM FP Bosses. It doesn't even need to be world shattering, or usable in PVP, or while leveling. It just has to prevent commando DPS from being passed over when it comes to those seldom encountered fights.

Is that such a massive request? I don't think so.

What I find a bit funny is all the peeps jumping up and down saying no for a lot of reasons. With none of them really being about the same situation the OP posted about.

It's about a very limited use interrupt so DPS commandos don't get benched for some HM FPs nothing more.

Take knockback and give me interrupt.

In HM I have been told I could not be in a group because they already had a commando healer. In other words they didn't want two commandos

I honestly don't understand those that fail to realize this is an issue.

Take knockback and give me interrupt.

In HM I have been told I could not be in a group because they already had a commando healer. In other words they didn't want two commandos

I honestly don't understand those that fail to realize this is an issue.

Was that because of interrupt...or because they didn't want to split loot?

Tank + other DPS interrupt is enough for any hard mode.

• 4 months later...
It's time Bioware, it's time for a Commando ranged interrupt. The excuse that Commandos have too many tools already is old, dated and flat out wrong. We need an interrupt for both PVE and PVP purposes. Explosive Round is an ideal candidate imo. It has very little utility at higher levels, its ammo cost is too high for the damage it does, so why not add an interrupt effect to it? Edited by DarkSideTOR

I am still ok with not having an interrupt. Yes it does make a lot of fights easier for PVE however we can still prevail. What we need is defense against interrupts (for PVP) and not much more than that. We need more defensive utility because our offense is better than most would admit (yes it does take more skill and effort to be good with a commando but frankly it makes me happier to be good at it) and an interrupt does little for us seeing as how our biggest problem tends to be melee players and they are not heavy on cast times.

As for the argument of bosses who demand interrupts, BW really just needs to start designing bosses that do not demand constant interrupts.

Edited by Luceon