Preordered, Dont have product key

Antissa

I preordered at Gamestop. Paid the money and didnt recieve anything from the shop. Only the code to enter that I have preordered. You my account isnt authenticated.

From the top of the page you are looking at, relevant part bolded.

If you are a pre-order customer, the following steps are NOT required for Early Game Access. However, in order to play Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ at the official launch of the game on December 20, 2011, 12:01AM EST (Pacific: December 19th, 9:01PM; European: December 20th, 05:01AM GMT, 06:01 CET), you must first answer a series of security questions and provide your contact information. Then you must redeem a Product Registration Code that came with the game, and either subscribe to the game or redeem a Game Time Code. Follow the steps outlined below!

Tricky first sentence on the page. The code there is for the actual game, for playing after the 20th.

Edited by Battyone

From the top of the page you are looking at, relevant part bolded.

Tricky first sentence on the page. The code there is for the actual game, for playing after the 20th.

What bolded?

So you are saying that I even though I preordered the game 21 of July I cant play untill the 20th?

I preordered at Gamestop. Paid the money and didnt recieve anything from the shop. Only the code to enter that I have preordered. You my account isnt authenticated.

If it says your account is not authenticated it means Bioware didn't enable you yet to play Early Access. They allow people in in order they have registered their pre-order keys on the website. If you only registered today, well you have much less chance to get in early than those who registered their codes on July 21st for example.

I'm sorry to inform you but GameStop messed up. They were supposed to give out "pamphlets" with pre-order codes to anyone that pre ordered. Either they ran out, or the cashier you paid to, never gave you one. Sorry no early access =/ ........almost happened to me. Talk to the Gamestop you went to.

If it says your account is not authenticated it means Bioware didn't enable you yet to play Early Access. They allow people in in order they have registered their pre-order keys on the website. If you only registered today, well you have much less chance to get in early than those who registered their codes on July 21st for example.

The only code I got when I bought preorder I registered the 21th of July. I try typing it again in the Code Redemption Center and it says that the code is allready used.

I am seeing alot of people that preordered a long time ago in July as myself getting in. I have to enter a product key. Where do I get this?

Thanks

read the first line of that page: "If you are a pre-order customer, the following steps are NOT required for Early Game Access."

when exactly did you put the pre order code in... only people who entered the code the first day or 2 are getting in. If it says that there is no active subscription when you log in, then you dont have access yet.

21 of July. No email and my launcher says "There is currently no active subscribtions on this account"

I tried to enter my pre order code again, and it says that its allready used, thats the only code I have.

I think the confusion lies in the language of the TWO codes ... right?

I purchased the Boxed Collectors edition from GameStop on the 1st day and entered the pre-order REDEMPTION CODE I received about an hour after I ordered.

I'm expecting to receive and email today or tomorrow with my PRODUCT REGISTRATION CODE.

In closing ...

1) REDEMPTION CODE - used to register your pre-order

2) PRODUCT REGISTRATION CODE - used to get into early access and register your game.

Is this the case? I really hope so. :)

I think the confusion lies in the language of the TWO codes ... right?

I purchased the Boxed Collectors edition from GameStop on the 1st day and entered the pre-order REDEMPTION CODE I received about an hour after I ordered.

I'm expecting to receive and email today or tomorrow with my PRODUCT REGISTRATION CODE.

In closing ...

1) REDEMPTION CODE - used to register your pre-order

2) PRODUCT REGISTRATION CODE - used to get into early access and register your game.

Is this the case? I really hope so. :)

The code you should have received when you pre-ordered determines when you *may* get early access depending on when you redeemed it. The product key (from the box or digital edition) is what you have to enter to your account when early access ends.

Edited by Vectorkov

Thanks Vectorkov,

What's confusing is that my account page visually implies that I have to Redeem a Product Registration code, although I've done so on July 21st. When I try and enter my GameStop code it says it's in use. My "Download Game Client" is inactive ... I'm trying to download the client on a new PC build I finished putting together last night.

"Starting December 13, 2011, 7:00AM EST (Pacific: December 13th, 4:00AM PST; European: December 13th, 12:00PM GMT, 1:00PM CET), The Old Republic will begin emailing invitations to start your Early Game Access. Invitations will be sent throughout the Early Game Access period offering rolling access to the game in the order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code, so be sure to check your email inbox!"

So we all should most likely receive our codes when the automated system finishes processing the que.