December Procrastinators Preorders In Here!

McVade

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did ye forget that the game doesn't even launch till the 20'th? If the launch day was 2 days ago I would be as mad as you are but it isn't. This is all just a bonus from the devs and a clever way to slowly load the servers. I used to do server setups for schools and trust me, they are not straight forward at all and I have seen a server that handles 500 clients crash when a sudden 50% load hit them. Just as many people would be mad if the whole thing crashed on launch day so no matter what BW does they will get some flaming......Man that was a lot of work.........

I'm sorry, you have exceeded the two lines of text Decemberist limit.

I gotcha all topped. On top of not gettin' my pre-order in until mid December I got somebody else to do it all for me! All that...ordering and...paying...

Bah you sound like my dad, i set up his account and even his email and his subscription + game ordering and receiving.

Get some motivation damn you!

sigh! I've got to somehow summon the strength to go into town and pick up my CE...it's a long way away though...might just leave it 'til tomorrow and just keep looking at the screen here...it's....peaceful.

Get someone to go for you.

owww.. my game just arrived in the post,i may open it one day.

My family keeps shoving crap into my garage so i have to keep moving stuff around, i used to have much more room then i do now lol.

Haha yea, ours is filled the brim too. One of these days, I'm gonna have to venture in there and start going through it, but I wanted to play TOR a few months first just in case our garage has a sarlac pit in it that I'm not aware of.

...it could happen!

Did ye forget that the game doesn't even launch till the 20'th? If the launch day was 2 days ago I would be as mad as you are but it isn't. This is all just a bonus from the devs and a clever way to slowly load the servers. I used to do server setups for schools and trust me, they are not straight forward at all and I have seen a server that handles 500 clients crash when a sudden 50% load hit them. Just as many people would be mad if the whole thing crashed on launch day so no matter what BW does they will get some flaming......Man that was a lot of work.........

The devs considered tuesday to be launch day due to the fact that is when the servers went online. Yes retail release is next week but it doesnt change the fact that the game is launched.

On the other note. Yes i know how servers work, my brother works maintaining them and we talk alot about it. I understand that random crashes can happen but this is the best time for them to over load their systems because it is still early access. If anything bad is going to happen, it will be next tuesday when retail people buy it and EVERYONE logs on at once, so this week of annoyance for people wouldve been pointless.

Because im a gamer and i know this already. Crashes happen, lag happens, its part of the game and you get over it. Its disheartening to sit waiting to play a game like this. Its like going to a party where theres cake and being the last one there, still before the party is supposed to start but the last one there. Then having to sit through watching everyone else eat before your allowed to have a piece. Its not fun.

I hear you, and I agree. I'd take chaos and crashes over this any day. It just leaves a bitter taste in your mouth.

I agree public quests were a solid mechanic, and i like how rift did

something very similar with an almost random twist. The lack of general chat was so sad. How were you supposed to get people to the public quest area without it? No one just sat around waiting.

Public Quests were awesome, but I don't see how they somehow invalidated the need for proper chats and so on. If I work with someone in a Public Quest, I tend to have even less of a reason to talk to them, because we're automatically doing the same quest anyway.

They kept saying that they had all these great things coming for Guilds, but what does that matter if there's nothing to help people get into a community and into guilds with people they like? Nobody wants to join a guild at random and hope for the best.

I fear that SWTOR also depends a lot on the "things to come" aspect, with no understanding for the fact that communities build MMOs, not the other way around. There's all these small nagging annoyances. This launch is just another aspect of that.

Dammit people, you're getting me riled up! Stop it! :p

The devs considered tuesday to be launch day due to the fact that is when the servers went online. Yes retail release is next week but it doesnt change the fact that the game is launched.

On the other note. Yes i know how servers work, my brother works maintaining them and we talk alot about it. I understand that random crashes can happen but this is the best time for them to over load their systems because it is still early access. If anything bad is going to happen, it will be next tuesday when retail people buy it and EVERYONE logs on at once, so this week of annoyance for people wouldve been pointless.

Now, see...you've greatly gone past the limit with that one...

Get someone to go for you.

owww.. my game just arrived in the post,i may open it one day.

but then i'd have to go look for someone and then explain the situation, decemberist orthodoxy and philosophy and then tell them where to go etc...lotta work that.

I think you are on the wrong thread friend

This is all true. I guess it is all about how you look at it. To me at least the game launches on the 20'th and anything before that is a bonus. But that is just me!!! I do expect there to be some issues anyway at launch but hopefully the hole thing doesn't downright crash......

December 7th, hope to get in on friday. :) Don't mind missing the first few days, got enough other things to do during the week, but when it's weekend I would like to play :D ( instead of getting piss drunk as usual :D )

And looks like friday might be my lucky day