Dark/light side points and DPS

JayEmmKay

Hi! I have some questions about dark/light side points and DPS(damage per second).

What do you gain by having those dark/light side points? I know you get gear, but anything else? And is it all or nothing, or can i have some light side and some dark side points and still get not lose anything?

What class does have most DPS, Sith maruder, or assassin? Im 50/50 between them, but i want to be a DPS character. Also, which are better for PvP?

The gear you get for Light/Dark is just a cosmetic difference. As for dps, there is nothing that you can get as one alignment that you won't find somewhere as either the opposite alignment or no alignment.

To class, I play Assassin and love it, never played maurader.

It is a cosmetic difference, but keep one thing in mind: for some gear pieces like relics, the easiest to obtain do require light or dar side points, so it is best to go either (mostly) full light or full dark.

But it is not all or nothing. You can choose most of the time options of one side and pick the other one from time to time. One rests from the other, i.e. if you have 2000 light side points and 300 dark side points, your total standing is 1700 light side.

Edited by redfurry

It is a cosmetic difference, but keep one thing in mind: for some gear pieces like relics, there are no neutral alternatives, so you need to go either (mostly) full light or full dark.

But it is not all or nothing. You can choose most of the time options of one side and pick the other one from time to time. One rests from the other, i.e. if you have 2000 light side points and 300 dark side points, your total standing is 1700 light side.

No entirely accurate. The easiest-to-get relics are vendor bought and require alignment, but there are relics you can get with a good bit of work (Matrix Cubes) that are neutral and are outstanding at their level (ranging from 15 to 50). Plus, there are dropped relics that are neutral as well.

no. Once you hit cap (10K point) any further dark points will de deducted from your light side points so you only ever have 10K points. The light side points might hang around for a bit but they will go away eventually. Also you cna get alignment points from your crew mission skill. Edited by Monkeyfinger

Answering questions here and there the opposite of your "main" alignment doesn't appear to have any real consequence other than shifting you a bit closer to neutral for the time being. There are repeatable quests with alignment questions, so theoretically you could completely reverse alignment, althogh this would take quite some time I imagine.

Assassin is mainly a tank class not dps from what I have seen. Maurauder is more dps centered but still an off tank. Pure dps is sniper from what I have seen. If you want melee dps, id go maurauder, but again it is not a "pure" dps class

Assassin is mainly a tank class not dps from what I have seen. Maurauder is more dps centered but still an off tank. Pure dps is sniper from what I have seen. If you want melee dps, id go maurauder, but again it is not a "pure" dps class

This is completely wrong.

Assassins have two DPS trees and one Tank tree; they can do either. Marauders have THREE DPS trees. They can only dps, they are not off-tanks at all. They wear medium armor and have almost nothing in the way of mitigation cooldowns to use while tanking. They are DPS pure and simple.

At this point, we have no combat logs so really it's hard to say if one is superior to the other. They are different and play differently. Try both out to around 20 or 30 and see what you prefer.