November preorders get IN here!!

Nightborder

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would make sense to try to get all orders into the game by Friday or Saturday this weekend, but then making sense is not the primary goal here, is it?

Lol, well actually it seems they are concerned somewhat with stability but primarily with ensuring servers get populated in an even manner and adding new ones as-needed.... having lots of extra low pop servers can doom a game early on. Smart business move on their part.

They arent off to a good start in my opinion, nobody knew they were doing staggered invites until last minute. Everywhere you look it says 5 days early access, when in reality its going to be 3 maybe 4 if your lucky for those that ordered in Nov like myself. they out and out lied and false advertised, they should have either stated the early access process or prepared better. Dont forget they also partnered with Lucas Games and they have killed more star wars games than Emperor Palpatine. I hope I am wrong, but this early access fiasco is a perfect example of why people need to follow the 6 Ps of life:

PROPER PREPARATION PREVENTS PISS POOR PERFORMANCE.

They obviously didnt do that here did they?

Edited by sixty

Those were new servers being put up lol. Not servers going offline. With that being said...

TOMORROW MY BRETHREN.

Lawl.

Until tomorrow though....

Tonight we dine in hell? Hell being anticipation and desire for tomorrow to come like little children waiting for Christmas morning O: lmao.

having lots of extra low pop servers can doom a game early on. Smart business move on their part.

I predict that on Dec 20th, the servers will roll out much in the same fashion. The people getting in first is likely whoever logs in their physical game key + subscription before anyone else does. (advantage for the Europeans as their game shipped already and a lot already have them) This explains why they did away with the "grace" period.

The people getting in first is likely whoever logs in their physical game key + subscription before anyone else does. (advantage for the Europeans as their game shipped already and a lot already have them) This explains why they did away with the "grace" period.

People still buy physical copies? ;)

We could have hooped that somebody at BW or EA had been thinking ahead and given some people double shifts when they saw the humongus loads of preorders that had been sold. But since both proberbly have US staff i doubt they have thought so far ahead hehe.

;) But hope still is there lol

Around 150 servers now in Us + Europe,

They added around 50 recently, those offline servers.

Great launch imho, one of the best ever. Considered the size of the launch probably even the best ever.

WoW start is the only rival there imho. But they had some hickups i think.

man i could just imagine myself sitting here tomorrow with pop-corn and arrow in the knee just waiting for my inv tomorrow night, then see´ing the last ppl invited was 29/11 pre-orders, i pre-ordered mine 29/11, some how i think the arrow will be planted somewhat to the north of the knee in that case ;P

likely whoever is at the official launch events. It's kind of hard to get digital copies of the game signed.

*Creates PDF of game manual with digital signature blocks for use with CAC cards to ensure authenticity*

Lol, would be pretty lame, but do-able!

Around 150 servers now in Us + Europe,

They added around 50 recently, those offline servers.

Great launch imho, one of the best ever. Considered the size of the launch probably even the best ever.

WoW start is the only rival there imho. But they had some hickups i think.

They're still going to have to merge some servers more then likely, even if they add all of us tomorrow, not all of them will be Standard. Though if they are, well then they did well. It is a good launch, people are just disliking the numbers they are putting out. Though I will just make sure to start on the freshest server so I can get my names with ease.