Yes. I want WOW with Wookies and Lightsabers.

Chosenxeno

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I sure can't wait for all the WoW kids to go back to the game they belong in - a dying game.

Cataclysm is by far the worst addition to World of Warcraft thus far, and with the Panda addition comming, I wish all of you guys going back best of luck fighting with Teddy Bears.

There's a bunch of us that actually are mature, that want to experience a rich story & just have fun while playing. I'm sick of the hyperactive wow players that wants easy access to everything, instead of progression & a server community. None of you people played the good old games like DAoC (the game WoW pretty much is based upon).

Good riddance to you all, and please don't come back. :)

I sure can't wait for all the WoW kids to go back to the game they belong in - a dying game.

Cataclysm is by far the worst addition to World of Warcraft thus far, and with the Panda addition comming, I wish all of you guys going back best of luck fighting with Teddy Bears.

There's a bunch of us that actually are mature, that want to experience a rich story & just have fun while playing. I'm sick of the hyperactive wow players that wants easy access to everything, instead of progression & a server community. None of you people played the good old games like DAoC (the game WoW pretty much is based upon).

If that happens then you would be playing by yourself.. complete dramatization of course, but you get the picture.. Majority rules buddy.

Good riddance to you all, and please don't come back.

Funny in my book calling people kids because they have a different opinion is pretty immature.

Edited by TheHauntingBard

you are not a "true MMO player" you are locust, devouring anything in your pass, leaving shambles and ruins behind you.

Ans so we will devour this game too. We'll decide for you how the game will be played, like it or not..

There's no escape, it already began

I cannot decide if this post is serious or full of sarcasm.

in case its serious, I do hope that you will not succeed, becasue your success will mean ruination of the game. WoW is like 3d technology. it was pretty fun at first, but now its getting ridiculous and instead of encouraging creativity and diversity its all same old, with 3d glasses.

you are not a "true MMO player" you are locust, devouring anything in your pass, leaving shambles and ruins behind you.

in case it's serious, I hope you learn to think before posting. WoW encourages creativity and diversity through it's macros and addons, which is already way more creativity and diversity than swtor. WoW later began to develop more quests then just kill this, loot this, activate this. And that's all the quests are in swtor right now.

you are not a "true MMO player" you are an ignorant troll who has no idea what they are talking about.

Edited by Bantic

in cause it's serious, I hope you learn to think before posting. WoW encourages creativity and diversity through it's macros and addons, which is already way more creativity and diversity than swtor. WoW later began to develop more quests then just kill this, loot this, activate this. And that's all the quests are in swtor right now.

you are not a "true MMO player" you are an ignorant troll who has no idea what they are talking about.

This man speaks many truths! Agree +9000

If that happens then you would be playing by yourself.. complete dramatization of course, but you get the picture.. Majority rules buddy.

They were obviously not able to run any online games before that other title was made. :rolleyes:

---

I really didnt want WoW with lightsabers, but that is what they gave us, only they gave us out of date a few years ago almost launch WoW with lightsabers and ability delay (so worse in that respect).

Given the choice of launch WoW with lightsabers and 2012 WoW with Lightsabers I would have taken the latter, but given the choice of a non WoW clone, and instead something new and original, I would have taken that.

Edited by Bigbazz

Your missing his point. And its a good one. of the millions of MMO players out there a huge majority play wow and know wow. Blizzard have had 7 years to improve things to a point where whilst there were still issues (all the people all the time etc etc) they had a good balance. SWTOR has gone live with some really basic stuff just plain missing. This is due to a need to get the game out there.

I would actually go further and say that the lack of macros\addons will not kill the game, the input lag, the really invasive bugs and the dawning realisation in the community that this is not a proper MMO could be the nails in its coffin.

You are correct. LFD and Addon usage should not be in yet imo but, they should be on the list. To boot Rift implemented LFD in their 1st MAJOR patch and Bioware has no intention of doing that. That says to me that they don't realize who is in their game and who is making up their population atm.

Macros and Basic UI customization should have been in the game. The other thing i'm sick of is Fading bars. I want timers on my hots and Dots. I hate the fading bar crap. I will not consider an MMORPG "Modern" in the future if they can't put numbers that go backwards in a damn UI. Seriously don't tell me something ticks for 6 seconds and then not give me the ability to see seconds. Rift still has no way of seeing hot timers.

I wanted something new and innovative, I wasn't waiting for WOW with lightsabers.

But Bioware went for making WOW with lightsabers, it's their decision so they might as well get it right and go all the way.

I first though OP's post was well a bit silly, but sadly he makes a good point.

People just don't like to accept this.

So yes I want

Add ons

Macro's

Recount

Customizable UI

LFG tool (not xrealm)

Guild perks

Spot on.

Does this sequence sound familiar to anyone?

1. Explore the cave.

2. Kill 20 (Insert name here) mobs

3. Destroy 10 barrels while most likely killing 20 more mobs.

4. Kill 10 (Insert name here) mobs

5. Summon, defeat, and loot this Elite mob 4 levels higher than you. (We also aren't going to tell you that we recommend you do this with a friend).

6. + 3 tokens YAY!

in cause it's serious, I hope you learn to think before posting. WoW encourages creativity and diversity through it's macros and addons, which is already way more creativity and diversity than swtor. WoW later began to develop more quests then just kill this, loot this, activate this. And that's all the quests are in swtor right now.

Agree on all accounts, bumping for good measure.

Including add ons does not make this game WOW, they are simply a needed part of mmos.

some form of LFG tool (whether it is server only or cross server) is not going to run the game into WOW and is somewhat needed. Even as a healer getting groups is a PITA and this is the stage of the game where everyone is running everything. It's hould not be hard right now to find groups. At minimum a server wide LFG chat channel would work. No the LFG tab is not enough and it sucks.

Edited by Dystopic

WoW owes a lot to the fact that they see good ideas tweak them a bit then put them in the game.

Sometimes it's from another MMO or CRPG, sometimes it's a mod that gets incorporated into the interface......I can see nothing but good if Bioware were to have a similar magpie approach.

For me it's been bar none the most impressive start for an MMO that I've been around for, but that doesn't mean there is not still a lot of work to be done over the next year or so.

They were obviously not able to run any online games before that other title was made. :rolleyes:

---

And this game would obviously exist if *the other game* didnt exist, but i see you are part of the old eq guard and you cant face it that noone wants eq´s little customerbase anymore

I rather be lazy and have fun in the instance while chatting and killing stuff than be the hard working guy that spends 30 min on forming a group.

Especially since even if I form it with pugs it might still be bad.

Well said. Particularly a problem on the less-populated servers.

Including add ons does not make this game WOW, they are simply a needed part of mmos.

some form of LFG tool (whether it is server only or cross server) is not going to run the game into WOW and is somewhat needed. Even as a healer getting groups is a PITA and this is the stage of the game where everyone is running everything. It's hould not be hard right now to find groups. At minimum a server wide LFG chat channel would work. No the LFG tab is not enough and it sucks.

Agreeing on every possible level! Seems like the people with true mmo-knowledge come out in the middle of the night/early morning.

... he wont playing by himself, Star wars fans > WOW fans. eat that.

I noticed more of WoW players and more kids arround the game, because the level of coversation in general chat mostly in starting areas like korriban and dromund kass decreased alot. Im like him i just wish you all gone and back to WOW and Pandas and 3d dragons that hurt the eyes.

You be sure to keep that friendsliist light. Because when they do, it will be filled with "Offline" tags. ;)

You know what? If you love WoW so much - then go and play WoW... And stop complaining about SWtor - its another game, it has its own (wow similar) mechanisms, but its not WoW... so learn to play without macros, etc.. or start playing wow again... I hate when ppl in game start to compare with WoW...

Its like driving BMW and start saying "oh my... I should have bought Mercedes-Benz, its more spacious..." ... your choice

Enhanced lfg tool -- sure thing Game wide lfg channel please now)

Add-ons, like meters and such -- sure thing

Customizable UI -- most certainly

macros -- hell no, never ever please

Macros doesn't show you that the people you are with can play the game, it shows you they can program well, or download someone else's program and run it. It puts the game on auto-pilot, why bother "playing" if you aren't going to actually play? Besides, they have been the absolute death of many games. (Shadowbane was ruined by them.. well, and the rampant exploit bugs.)

All the other stuff, I have little issue with, it makes the game more customizable and enjoyable. But I certainly don't want them before major bugs/exploits get fixed. That stuff will drive people away far quicker, imo.

Hell, I'd like them to fix inventory on the various vendors (commendation, LS/DS guys) first. And if you don't know what I mean by that, try to buy gear for a mara off the DS vendor, or Mights of the same level as the Guardians on that same vendor. (You can't.) Hell, some planets don't even have who classes of them, explain the logic of that!