The new planet Denova - doesnt appear on Star Wars Wiki

sithlordcip

So basically what you're saying is that you don't like black or white color-crystals because they're not pretty? Well...I can't argue with that. I don't necessarily agree - but I can't argue with it :)

That aside.....why would the cat have to be beaten in the first place? And with a rake, even? Isn't that sort of cruel?

You really are terrible. As I've stated multiple times. The lore of the original movies.

Edited by IkeBohm

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I made it about black holes, because we're talking about what is and is not considered "canon", and crystals are part of lightsaber lore. Lightsaber crystals are quite special, as is the process by which the blade is created and *limited* in its properties, lest it be one infinitely long and increasingly diffuse beam. Lightsabers were considered super-high technology... going from having to wear backpack power sources to more compact ones. Instantly we're talking about highly exotic materials and processes... such that creating a beam that absorbs all visible spectrum ranges of light is not too terribly far fetched. This is STAR WARS... let your imagination expand somewhat... it's soft science fiction, not hard science fiction.

I realized that. But my argument is being run off the rails here. I am proud that people know about science. I am more interested in keeping classic Star Wars alive.

OP has it backwards, the wiki follows the lore, the lore doesn't follow the wiki. How boring would it be if all the planets we have are ones we already heard of from the movies. They're already pushing it by adding planets in the game like Hoth and Tatooine that are supposed to be backwaters that no one has heard of or cares about, just because we saw them in the movies.

Many of the planets in Kotor were also made up for that game, remember.

I realized that. But my argument is being run off the rails here. I am proud that people know about science. I am more interested in keeping classic Star Wars alive.

Classic Star Wars, not in the context of the comics, is the story of the fall of Anakin Skywalker, and his redemption through his son, told against a very broad stroke brushed backdrop of a galaxy-wide civil war. Nothing more. It's book-ended, and nothing comes before, and nothing happens afterward. That's all there is. Nothing else, according to George Lucas. That's the canon universe he kept himself boxed into. Any other detail that's occurred, including many of the backgrounds of characters and places and events that were shown in the movies, is still considered primarily expanded universe, with certain special exceptions given to some of the West End Games STAR WARS The Roleplaying Game sourcebooks that were given to early EU authors as "reasonably CANON" reference materials. Some of the early novels attempted, with assistance from actual Lucasfilm staff, to stay within realms of reason...

Classic Star Wars, not in the context of the comics, is the story of the fall of Anakin Skywalker, and his redemption through his son, told against a very broad stroke brushed backdrop of a galaxy-wide civil war. Nothing more. It's book-ended, and nothing comes before, and nothing happens afterward. That's all there is. Nothing else, according to George Lucas. That's the canon universe he kept himself boxed into. Any other detail that's occurred, including many of the backgrounds of characters and places and events that were shown in the movies, is still considered primarily expanded universe, with certain special exceptions given to some of the West End Games STAR WARS The Roleplaying Game sourcebooks that were given to early EU authors as "reasonably CANON" reference materials. Some of the early novels attempted, with assistance from actual Lucasfilm staff, to stay within realms of reason...

Everything in this game is fine by me. Except the purple lightning. And the Black and White color crystals.

The main reason why I am so mad about this. Is I have recently come across this information that the top tier PvP battlemaster weapons are black crystaled.

Everything in this game is fine by me. Except the purple lightning. And the Black and White color crystals.

The main reason why I am so mad about this. Is I have recently come across this information that the top tier PvP battlemaster weapons are black crystaled.

Somebody, somewhere, vetted it. If LucasArts/Lucasfilm doesn't like it, they could have cited creative authority contract clauses and squashed it. They may not have looked at the details that closely, though one person looking at something for approval might result in a different decision by another individual in charge. I certainly know that some were more strict than others... with reason. Some topics were absolutely forbidden. Lightsaber colors were quasi-off limits. You can blame Samual L. Jackson for opening up the possibilities a bit more from red, blue, green, and yellow... and it being canon.

Somebody, somewhere, vetted it. If LucasArts/Lucasfilm doesn't like it, they could have cited creative authority contract clauses and squashed it. They may not have looked at the details that closely, though one person looking at something for approval might result in a different decision by another individual in charge. I certainly know that some were more strict than others... with reason. Some topics were absolutely forbidden. Lightsaber colors were quasi-off limits. You can blame Samual L. Jackson for opening up the possibilities a bit more from red, blue, green, and yellow... and it being canon.

Purple lightsabers (and other colours) have been part of the lore since the 90's. Long before Episode II

We also can see that lightsabers can have multiple colours emanate from them. An inner colour, with an outer glow. What's wrong with Black inner glow? As far as you know, it IS ultra-violet light, and you just can't see it because your eyes can't see that part of the spectrum. Maybe a different alien would see it as completely different.

You guys can hate the EU as much as you want, but be aware that TOR is part of that Expanded Universe. You went to alderaan and killed Killiks? Guess what, Killiks were never part of the movies, or officially any lore up until 5 years ago.

As far as Denova goes (I hadn't heard anything about this yet). Voss and Quesh were also created for TOR. There are millions of worlds in the SW galaxy, and no need for every single event in the canon to take place on Tattooine and Coruscant

Purple lightsabers (and other colours) have been part of the lore since the 90's. Long before Episode II

They were not Movie Canon, though. Red, blue, and green were Movie Canon... and to a lesser extent Yellow, due to action figure releases. No other colors were considered canon. The only game that's absolutely considered canon is The Force Unleashed I, as George Lucas had a direct hand in multiple facets of story and character creation. I'm not sure how that's translated into TFU II.

• 3 weeks later...

You have previously stated that you prefer a certain colour. Why don't you just"ignore" the colours you don't like as is your right to and stop forcing your opinion on others. If they disagree fine. I feel that arguments made about black crystals are good and stand up, but if Bioware don't remove them that's their decision.

As stated in this thread LucasArts/Film could have exercised the right of Creative control and stopped it. It has however been allowed and if the entire game doesn't like it it will be removed. Some like some don't. Just please don't force your opinion on others.

• 2 weeks later...
You have previously stated that you prefer a certain colour. Why don't you just"ignore" the colours you don't like as is your right to and stop forcing your opinion on others. If they disagree fine. I feel that arguments made about black crystals are good and stand up, but if Bioware don't remove them that's their decision.

As stated in this thread LucasArts/Film could have exercised the right of Creative control and stopped it. It has however been allowed and if the entire game doesn't like it it will be removed. Some like some don't. Just please don't force your opinion on others.

Its hard to ignore them when most people use them. A lot of this problem will go away when they let us modify purple items. My guess is most people will not use these #$@#$ color crystals. Some will, and that's totally fine but they should not be the only way to go at end game.

I don't think they will be removed, but they should certainly not be the only end game color crystals. The modeling/design department when it comes to gear/weapons is one big epic fail IMO. None of it is really inspiring, and the end game gear is just horrible. I am just waiting for the patch that lets us remove the mods from purple gear.

As far as the planet who cares? I dont see what the big deal is. BW made up Revan/Malik Bastila and that turned out fine. The universe is a big place nothing wrong with adding new planets.

I would have rather seen Manan, Dathimor, Onderon, Yavin IV, or Dantooine myself but whatever.

Edited by pixelelement

Are Bioware making stuff up? Every planet that is in the game now is on the Wookieepedia (star wars wikia) but this new planet Denova isnt.

Bioware please dont make up planets out of thin air.

Keep with the lore and universe please

There is nothing wrong with Bioware creating a new planet. Most of the fiction in this game is based on stuff that they created in KoToR classic, and a good number of the planets playable or mentioned in that game had never been seen before, namely Taris, Manaan, (playable) and Malachor V (mentioned). They basically created the era the game is set in so more power to them if they want to expand the universe and add fiction.

In addition to the worlds they already created...maybe Denova 'doesn't exist' because one of those world-killer projects going on during the Cold War is actually used to kill the world long before the Saga era?

As for saber colors, black is an interesting visual. So what if it breaks the rules of science? Lightsabers, sound in a vacuum, and many other elements of Star Wars already do that. It's a cool visual, get over it, move on (same with the black saber in The Clone Wars; it was meant to be a vibroblade, which would've thrilled KOTOR fans no end, but Lucas himself nixed it! So the creators turned it into a very unique saber with a different sound, different shape, different glow, and different way of 'trailing' when swung, and it works as a fantastic visual & audio element)

White sabers are fine. LEGACY's Imperial Knights use white sabers (they're supposed to have silver blades, like Corran Horn's, but they never really appeared that way in the comics that I recall). KOTOR2 showed us tons of color crystals, subtle variations on all primary & secondary colors. Those should all be available, too; this is thousands of years before the Saga, thousands of years before Ruusan, and only 300 years after KOTOR1 & 2 where LOTS of colors were rather easy to get. I wish purple & orange were right there with yellow as rare crystals for Artificers to craft (easily trainable, but needs blue-level mats)