The new planet Denova - doesnt appear on Star Wars Wiki

sithlordcip

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interestingly enough, I haven't found anything either besides the name itself and the fact that it's to be released as the next planet.

So, what's crackalackin?

I suppose since it's licensed and all they're open to ideas... lol.

Edited by SodaOfYoda

Every planet that was in the lore was made up at one point. Also, the wiki is not all inclusive. Planets that were mentioned in short stories or in a comic one time, often do not appear in the wiki.

Bioware has every right to create a planet. Its a big galaxy. They created Taris, and no one complains about that.

Are Bioware making stuff up? Every planet that is in the game now is on the Wookieepedia (star wars wikia) but this new planet Denova isnt.

Bioware please dont make up planets out of thin air.

Keep with the lore and universe please

They can make up new planets like as long as Lucas Arts approve it. Like every other Star Wars fiction on the market. The characters, planets all have to be create at some point.

Are Bioware making stuff up? Every planet that is in the game now is on the Wookieepedia (star wars wikia) but this new planet Denova isnt.

What's the difference between Denova and Taris? Taris was created for KOTOR. Why can't they create a new planet for SWTOR?

This game has free license to create within the star wars universe. George lucas, and lucas arts are PARTNERS in this game, not just licensing the product.

The writers are not all employees of bioware. Many of them are writers who have approval from lucas arts to write fan fiction. The developers are not all bioware employees, Lucas Arts employees actually helped and continue to assist on this game.

If the only planets in the known galaxy are the ones listed on the wiki, it's a rather small galaxy, don't you think?

Lore isn't static info. It's simply storytelling. And new stories get created all the time. How else does a story progress if you don't make up new stuff?

Every planet that was in the lore was made up at one point. Also, the wiki is not all inclusive. Planets that were mentioned in short stories or in a comic one time, often do not appear in the wiki.

Bioware has every right to create a planet. Its a big galaxy. They created Taris, and no one complains about that.

Speaking from direct experience, Lucasfilm allows their authors certain levels of creativity within a specific set of boundaries that differs for various properties. While I have no direct knowledge of what BioWare's limitations specifically were, they were allowed to create planets to fit within their story before, it only made sense to allow them to create others to fit within the expanded story that SWTOR represents. Dromund Kaas is perhaps the most glaring example of a planet they created specific to the story within SWTOR. Some examples of creation are far simpler than you may think; not everything need be fleshed out. A simple mention of a location or name is all that is necessary for others, afterwards, to take the proverbial reins and continue the creation process. Lucasfilm has historically been very liberal with at least the initiation of that process.

Yes Bioware keep it in the Star Wars universe. That being said, take out black and white crystals. They are moronic.

The can create any planet they like, pending GLs approval. Lucas Arts has a special department for this, I think (also, that is not really a quality argument *prequels cough*)

At the guy with white/black crystals: Just saw a black one in the clone wars series. Physically speaking, yes black is quite curious. White is perfectly reasonable, though.

The can create any planet they like, pending GLs approval. Lucas Arts has a special department for this, I think (also, that is not really a quality argument *prequels cough*)

At the guy with white/black crystals: Just saw a black one in the clone wars series. Physically speaking, yes black is quite curious. White is perfectly reasonable, though.

Ok guy. "The Clone Wars Series" Really? Really? Come to me when you find something of value. I don't want you to come back saying, "It has Lucas' stamp of approval." Get out of town. That stamp means nothing at all anymore. Have you read some of the books they have been pumping out. Have you played The Force Unleashed 2. Be real. The only real Star Wars is the original movies. I can allow this games time zone and all that, but color crystals is something I will not budge on. Because Black and white crystals are stupid. They are stupid, end of story.

As Lucas owns the rights to the Starwars usinverse and everything associated with it, if they are willing to let an mmo add this to the game, who is to say its not in keeping with the lore?

After all what Lucas says goes, as the lore is from him not wookipedia :)

As Lucas owns the rights to the Starwars usinverse and everything associated with it, if they are willing to let an mmo add this to the game, who is to say its not in keeping with the lore?

After all what Lucas says goes, as the lore is from him not wookipedia :)

YOU DIDN'T PAY ATTENTION. The franchise is completely diluted. Lucas doesn't care what they put. They give them a license, then collect money.

Ok guy. "The Clone Wars Series" Really? Really? Come to me when you find something of value. I don't want you to come back saying, "It has Lucas' stamp of approval." Get out of town. That stamp means nothing at all anymore. Have you read some of the books they have been pumping out. Have you played The Force Unleashed 2. Be real. The only real Star Wars is the original movies. I can allow this games time zone and all that, but color crystals is something I will not budge on. Because Black and white crystals are stupid. They are stupid, end of story.

This discussion has slightly branched now to include topics addressed by one word. Canon. Simply put, there are THREE "real" STAR WARS universes. 1. The movies. 2. Things licensed. 3. Things in the imagination of the fans. Things are kept pretty much in that order as to what is considered "official". See http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon for an excellent discussion on the topics.

You are free to disagree with something that is considered "canon" in any one of those three areas... (I know I do... Vong... really? Coralskippers? skippers!?) ...and you may be correct about them going wayyyy off the deep end the past few years. But for a while, they did try to keep things reasonable and relatively in line.

I do wonder if they've given up. However, considering how lightsabers allegedly work... why can't a complete absence of light be a particular effect? You do know that we've predicted that black holes, at their extreme edge... may actually have a rainbow like glow to us... so why not a black core with white light exterior? ;)

This discussion has slightly branched now to include topics addressed by one word. Canon. Simply put, there are THREE "real" STAR WARS universes. 1. The movies. 2. Things licensed. 3. Things in the imagination of the fans. Things are kept pretty much in that order as to what is considered "official". See http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon for an excellent discussion on the topics.

You are free to disagree with something that is considered "canon" in any one of those three areas... (I know I do... Vong... really? Coralskippers? skippers!?) ...and you may be correct about them going wayyyy off the deep end the past few years. But for a while, they did try to keep things reasonable and relatively in line.

I do wonder if they've given up. However, considering how lightsabers allegedly work... why can't a complete absence of light be a particular effect? You do know that we've predicted that black holes, at their extreme edge... may actually have a rainbow like glow to us... so why not a black core with white light exterior? ;)

I do appreciate an actual intelligent response. My logic for color crystals is as follows. Hold up a crystal in real life underneath light. The spectrum that comes out is the allowable spectrum for color crystals.

I do appreciate an actual intelligent response. My logic for color crystals is as follows. Hold up a crystal in real life underneath light. The spectrum that comes out is the allowable spectrum for color crystals.

In our universe, yes. Given the laws of physics as we currently know and understand them.

By the same token, you should be outraged that hyperspace travel is possible in the Star Wars universe.

Calm down, and think your arguments through before posting them :)

Edited by Hargir

The Black Lightsaber in the series is retarded. Sure it was a unique artifact. But it was dumb. no doubt about it. No question. And there should never, ever be a 'black crystal'. Black light would be ultraviolet. You wouldnt see it, and to have a beam of plasma be 'glowing' and 'black' and the same time just seems stupid to me. But, I think white would be acceptable. I mean, white light exists naturally. Hotter things tend to be or appear white simply as a part of how the world works. It doesn't appear in the movies, but it still seems reasonable.

Then again, it isn't our world. They can do whatever they want. We just have to smile and nod. It won't get changed now. Plus the emo kids LOVE the black crystals Also spikes. We need spikey lightsabers. Preferably dripping blood with little speakers that blare screamo or..whatever. They'd make MILLIONS!

The Black Lightsaber in the series is retarded. Sure it was a unique artifact. But it was dumb. no doubt about it. No question. And there should never, ever be a 'black crystal'. Black light would be ultraviolet. You wouldnt see it, and to have a beam of plasma be 'glowing' and 'black' and the same time just seems stupid to me. But, I think white would be acceptable. I mean, white light exists naturally. Hotter things tend to be or appear white simply as a part of how the world works. It doesn't appear in the movies, but it still seems reasonable.

Then again, it isn't our world. They can do whatever they want. We just have to smile and nod. It won't get changed now. Plus the emo kids LOVE the black crystals Also spikes. We need spikey lightsabers. Preferably dripping blood with little speakers that blare screamo or..whatever. They'd make MILLIONS!

I can sorta stand white crystals. But call me old fashion, I like the good ol Blue Green and Red crystals. Other primary colors are acceptable also. White is stretching it and black is just dumb.

No. I made it about colors. You mad it about physics. I was talking about rainbows. You started talking about black holes. You see the difference. Black holes....Rainbows..............................................................................

Actually, I made it about black holes, because we're talking about what is and is not considered "canon", and crystals are part of lightsaber lore. Lightsaber crystals are quite special, as is the process by which the blade is created and *limited* in its properties, lest it be one infinitely long and increasingly diffuse beam. Lightsabers were considered super-high technology... going from having to wear backpack power sources to more compact ones. Instantly we're talking about highly exotic materials and processes... such that creating a beam that absorbs all visible spectrum ranges of light is not too terribly far fetched. This is STAR WARS... let your imagination expand somewhat... it's soft science fiction, not hard science fiction.